Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nintendo News | Maple Story DS Online RPG Confirmed  (Read 701 times)

Ryan

The only Canadian?
Nintendo News | Maple Story DS Online RPG Confir...
« on: January 12, 2007, 11:41:29 pm »
Whilst the Nintendo DS does indeed have a free online component, so far developers have shied away from bringing a large-scale project to the world. However, now that is about to change. Although Maple Story has been talked about for a long time now, today it has been re-confirmed as coming to the Nintendo DS, courtesy of Korean gaming developer Nexon.

Details have emerged on the new game, highlighting that development started mid-2006, with an aim to release the final game in September 2007. It is being worked on by a specific team within Nexon, managed by Hyong-No Kim, the Managing Director of the company. They want to keep original feel of the massively popular online PC game, whilst also adding new elements that will appeal to the Nintendo DS market. Therefore, the game will now be portrayed as a side-scrolling action RPG and an avatar code system will be employed.

The plan is to adapt the PC version of Maple Story to this action RPG style, including the same variation of jobs and skills, as well as the battle system. In addition, via both local wireless and the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, there will be co-operation play for dungeon crawling. Other online inclusions are a PVP system, an online store, the ability to email, a ranking service and the community aspects that have helped make Maple Story a hit around the world.

On top of all that has already been mentioned, the original single player scenario will be included, which roughly equates to fifteen hours of play time. In Autumn, Maple Story DS will be released in Korea, with other territories following: Europe, US, Japan, Australia, as well as any other area that has seen the release of the DS. In other words, Nexon wants the whole world to play Maple Story DS!
  • Likes to Ramble
Re: Nintendo News | Maple Story DS Online RPG Co...
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 02:34:12 am »
:D
Sounds pretty nice, can't wait n_n

.TakaM was here.
so my friend stole a giant bag of ketchup out of the ketchup pumping things and brought it to our table and we took it in the bathroom and i smashed it over the sink and kicked it around the bathroom and smeared it everywhere and we all took turns kicking the ketchup out of it and when we were done it looked like an african village was murdered in the bathroom
XFD.
  • Awesome Land
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 11:17:58 am »
Looking forward to this, not as a MapleStory fan but as a big MMORPG fan ^^
I hope this is the first of a lot of 'em :D
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 12:50:32 pm »
Oh, wow, Maple Story on NDS :D. I've never played Maple Story, because I can't view their site in Firefox, but I've heard great things about it!

Evo

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 02:57:35 am »
The game sounds good i should try it when it comes out. ;)

Ryan

The only Canadian?
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 03:11:06 pm »
The game sounds good i should try it when it comes out. ;)

You could try it but first you  would have to buy a DS.
  • Likes to Ramble
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.356 seconds with 50 queries.

anything