Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spoilers: ****** **** is OoT Link?  (Read 7045 times)

Re: Spoilers: ****** **** is OoT Link?
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2007, 11:35:25 am »
  • *whistle*
the things that complicate TP's position most are the the little things - ganondorf not mentioning the hero of time or the master sword would imply it's on the young link side as would his execution.  On the other hand, all the mention of the hero would imply it being on the other side - unless you believe in the retrospective video where Young Link told everyone of his battles as an adult and it became a story rather than history.

Not to mention the problem when it's talked about King Zora making tunics for the Hero... since Kid Link NEVER wore the Zora tunic.
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2007, 08:40:32 pm »
  • Shunner of Light
the things that complicate TP's position most are the the little things - ganondorf not mentioning the hero of time or the master sword would imply it's on the young link side as would his execution.  On the other hand, all the mention of the hero would imply it being on the other side - unless you believe in the retrospective video where Young Link told everyone of his battles as an adult and it became a story rather than history.

Not to mention the problem when it's talked about King Zora making tunics for the Hero... since Kid Link NEVER wore the Zora tunic.

It was only said that he made it for the hero, not that he actually gave it to him.  He may have made it, and the hero wasn't born yet, so perhaps he counted on Rutela to give it to him instead.
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2007, 10:14:31 pm »
Hehe. I found a sentence that shows my whole opinion in a nutshell.

NO LINK HAS EVER SPOKEN.

Remember that skeleton-dude is actually TALKING to Link. OoT-Link never talked, as no Link ever did. So, that's basically the biggest contra.

Also, why should it be some rusty, filthy skeleton that is representing OoT-Link? Why not, like, a soul, spirit, ghost?

I don't know... maybe it's some other dude from an other game that was a close friend/person to Link.
ha! You are SO WRONG! Link talks! yet we do not see it. So it doesn't break the illusion you are link in Zelda games.
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2007, 04:51:43 pm »
  • Your expression has changed too
He did? Man, it has been way to long since I played that game :P Well, my theory just went down the drain.

Yeah, you use the blue fire on the red ice block he's in, and he gives you the Zora tunic.
Unless... you buy the tunic. Which ruins... the whole... theory. Ugh.
Fox, just because you don't HAVE to do it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Which sounds more likley to have happened, Link unfroze King Zora and King Zora gave him a Zora Tunic, or Link saw him frozen, said "Screw him", and went and killed enough Golden Skulltullas to get the Giant's Wallet so he could buy a Zora Tunic for 300 rupees, got 300 rupees, found some blue fire, put it in a bottle, ran past King Zora, and decided it was more worth it to unfreeze the shop instead of the King?
Ghoster Poster
  • I have a Twitter if you're into that kinda thing
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2007, 12:50:53 am »
  • hehe
In an armour? WTF. Nobody said anything about that. >:
well if he is Oot link he probobly made sure TP link got the tunic which was his, and he didn't want to talk with TP link naked.
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2007, 10:09:35 pm »
Sorry to bump an old topic, but i just beat TP and here is my take on it.

About Ganondorf not recognizing the Master Sword, it's said that a Gerudo male is born every 1000 years. That male is probably Ganondorf, kind of like the hero of time reincarnation.

It was probably around 1000 years between OoT and WW if i remember correctly.

Ganondorf was born prior to the start of TP, TP happens and at the end of it when link stabs ganondorf with the sword he could easily be stunned. Maybe the Master Sword can remove the power of the Triforce from people.

Anyway, They could of easily shoved Ganondorf somewhere if he were still alive, maybe in the Twilight Realm, he stays there for a long time, Link dies of Old age. Maybe if that happens then the Master Sword would be powerless, Ganondorf then gets his Triforce of Power back. He breaks out of the Twilight Realm and floods Hyrule.

During that time he could of done research and found out about the Master Sword, then WW takes place.

Just a theory, which no doubt has alot of holes in it.

Please point them out.

« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2007, 10:57:07 pm »
  • Shunner of Light

About Ganondorf not recognizing the Master Sword, it's said that a Gerudo male is born every 1000 years. That male is probably Ganondorf, kind of like the hero of time reincarnation.

Ganondorf was born prior to the start of TP, TP happens and at the end of it when link stabs ganondorf with the sword he could easily be stunned. Maybe the Master Sword can remove the power of the Triforce from people.

Anyway, They could of easily shoved Ganondorf somewhere if he were still alive, maybe in the Twilight Realm, he stays there for a long time, Link dies of Old age. Maybe if that happens then the Master Sword would be powerless, Ganondorf then gets his Triforce of Power back. He breaks out of the Twilight Realm and floods Hyrule.

During that time he could of done research and found out about the Master Sword, then WW takes place.

Please point them out.

Well, one of them is that Ganondorf didn't WANT to flood Hyrule, but was the indirect reason that it was.  And the other is that a male Gerudo is born every 100 years, not 1000.  But other than that, I think you're correct.

Busternaut

« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2007, 01:10:00 am »

Please point them out.

Well, one of them is that Ganondorf didn't WANT to flood Hyrule, but was the indirect reason that it was.  And the other is that a male Gerudo is born every 100 years, not 1000.  But other than that, I think you're correct.
Then wouldn't there be another Gerudo Male in TP?
because TP is set 100 years after OOT and 100+ years before WW
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2007, 01:15:05 am »
BTW, the Gerudos have babies by doing the Hylians. Why did they have the carpenders if not for that reason?
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2007, 01:28:21 am »
  • Personal Text
BTW, the Gerudos have babies by doing the Hylians. Why did they have the carpenders if not for that reason?
lmao. the  carpenters trespassed into their land, when it was not time for a new baby boy, because Ganondork was still alive

anyways, WW takes place after MM in 1000 years..  TP takes place after MM 100 years. thus ganondorf was born.
and a couple 100 years after TP, a new ganondorf was born, and link disposed of him (LttP), and then he came back again, with fury from the sacred realm.  and the goddesses were forced by the wish of the triforce(from the king) toflood hyrule, along with Ganondorf

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2007, 01:32:45 am »
  • Silly cat!

Please point them out.
Ah, you're probably right. Never thought of that, actually.

Hoffy.

Busternaut

« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2007, 02:34:06 am »
lmao. the  carpenters trespassed into their land, when it was not time for a new baby boy, because Ganondork was still alive

anyways, WW takes place after MM in 1000 years..  TP takes place after MM 100 years. thus ganondorf was born.
and a couple 100 years after TP, a new ganondorf was born, and link disposed of him (LttP), and then he came back again, with fury from the sacred realm.  and the goddesses were forced by the wish of the triforce(from the king) toflood hyrule, along with Ganondorf

WW is the 4th game in the timeline.
So you phail.
OOT,MM,TP,WW
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2007, 12:46:16 pm »

So you phail.
OOT,MM,TP,WW
No you fail! nintendo never released the official timeline.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2007, 10:19:42 pm »
  • Silly cat!

So you phail.
OOT,MM,TP,WW
No you fail! nintendo never released the official timeline.
Don't be so quick to tell him that he failed. You'll never make friends like that.

And now I shall defend Regulus, ahem...

Assuming Majora's Mask is a sequel to Ocarina of Time (as that's what the game explained), then we know for sure that Majora's Mask comes after Ocarina of Time. Nintendo also remembered to explain that the Wind Waker was set hundreds of years after Ocarina of Time, which would leave anyone to believe that Wind Waker is third in the timeline. But then later after Twilight Princess was released, it was revealed Twilight Princess was set one hundred years after Ocarina of Time (Aonuma, Eiji (January, 2007). ???Reflections on Zelda???. Nintendo Power #211: p. 59.), which means that Wind Waker gets bumped up to fourth, while TP sneaks in at third.

Might I also take the time to defend to defend Mewgull, as he basically did say that the timeline was OoT > MM > WW > TP. So in reality, you all fail, lol.

Hoffy.

Busternaut

« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2007, 03:53:04 am »
what the hell are you talking about?

noone said WW was before TP...

it goes as i said OOT, MM, TP, WW.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2007, 06:39:21 am »
  • Silly cat!
what the hell are you talking about?

noone said WW was before TP...

it goes as i said OOT, MM, TP, WW.
And I wasn't saying TP wasn't before after WW. I was defending you by telling Hyrule Boy that the order is indeed what you're saying it is.

Hoffy.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.378 seconds with 70 queries.