Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shinchi Wantanabe speaks out against downloading and fansubs  (Read 3106 times)

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: Shinchi Wantanabe speaks out against downloa...
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2007, 08:21:56 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
XD I didnt mean you were missing the point, lol I forgot to quote the quote you quoted XD

but anyway- its not supposed to be sold here if its not licensed; the Japanese are very xenophobic; they do NOT like it when you take items from their country into other countries (unless of course the company makes their market the other countries). Unlicensed anime is not supposed to be purchased in the US, period. US audiences downloading fansubs of unlicensed anime is not going to hurt sales; so *shrugs*

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2007, 11:35:49 pm »
XD I didnt mean you were missing the point, lol I forgot to quote the quote you quoted XD

but anyway- its not supposed to be sold here if its not licensed; the Japanese are very xenophobic;

It's not because they're xenophobic, it's because they don't want a lawsuit against them.
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2007, 01:36:17 am »
  • CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
I do fansubs, but only when the show is unavailable to me. If I have the DVD available, I like to get it. Not just to support the industry, but for pride of ownership. Considering how much I've downloaded, though, I don't think I'd ever have been able to pay for all that. Fansubs are nice for sampling a series before committing to buy it, too, but most people go for it to watch the whole thing.
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

It's Steve Irwin all over again.
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2007, 06:05:51 pm »
  • 笑い男
o.o you're missing the point;

EVERYONE IN THE USA could download fansubs, and it wouldnt hurt the industry UNLESS it had gotten licensed to be SOLD in the USA. >_< You cant steal sales away from something thats not supposed to be sold in the first place >_< Most fansubbers will STOP subbing when the licenser requests it, and even at that, groups like VIZ wait until the subbers get to about the last couple eps, and THEN send them a C&D. Why?--- because they play off of their fanbase, and know that everyone watching the anime will go and buy it to see the ending. -_-;;

which gets them more money in the end probably anyway lol

The problem I have with this is that dubs are !@#$%, and I often can't find subs of the animes I want to watch. If I knew some way to buy the Japanaese DVDs and then stick fan-created subtitles on top - without downloading the anime illegally in the first place - then I would.

i take it you mean on english released dvds?
i thought most had dual audio with options for english subs?
if not, then seriously, wtf? O_o

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World

BuffaloBurgers

U B DA WAT!?
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2007, 08:10:29 pm »
http://www.demonbaby.com/blog/2007/10/when-pigs-fly-death-of-oink-birth-of.html

Replace music with anime, OiNK with some dub site that is at risk of getting shut down, and there you go. Mamoruanime's right about this.

EEE HUNG HUNG HA HA

COLORADO 27 - OKLAHOMA 24

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2007, 08:46:59 pm »
http://www.demonbaby.com/blog/2007/10/when-pigs-fly-death-of-oink-birth-of.html

Replace music with anime, OiNK with some dub site that is at risk of getting shut down, and there you go. Mamoruanime's right about this.

What a shallow viewpoint.

I've already said how the anime industry is much worse off than the music industry.
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2007, 12:20:32 am »
Swiftu is right. At least in the West, anime is more of an obscure special interest thing. It's target audience is smaller, and therefore the impact of piracy is much worse. Have you ever seen some one made fun of for wearing a band T-shirt or for owning a CD collection? Didn't think so.
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2007, 10:17:14 pm »
  • I put this here for the sake of that one thread
I'm not part of the problem :D, Sweden rarely get DVD sets of anime released here. WHOO.
Well. Anime. It's aired on TV; right? Doesn't the creators get the money from the TV stations who wish to show it? :x
Selling it on DVD is just a bonus

I </3 Sol

uma

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2007, 12:31:24 am »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.
I'm sorry but there is no way ever ever in the face of ever a way your going to stop people from pirating animu, or anything else. As long as there are humans on earth, anything and everything will be pirated eventually, and theres no way of stopping it. Sure, you can make it more a challenge, but there is no way of stopping pirating.

And no, I don't pirate animu. I barely watch anymore because now it's all androginous femmy emo guys running around swords pretending to be "Ninjas", with the occasional tentacle scene with the busty high school cat girl(Not that theres anything wrong with that).
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2007, 03:15:46 am »
I'm sorry but there is no way ever ever in the face of ever a way your going to stop people from pirating animu, or anything else. As long as there are humans on earth, anything and everything will be pirated eventually, and theres no way of stopping it. Sure, you can make it more a challenge, but there is no way of stopping pirating.

And no, I don't pirate animu. I barely watch anymore because now it's all androginous femmy emo guys running around swords pretending to be "Ninjas", with the occasional tentacle scene with the busty high school cat girl(Not that theres anything wrong with that).

o_o
What is this "nowadays" and what are you missing from the thenadays? Sounds like you've been watching a lot of hentai.

uma

« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2007, 12:57:37 am »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.
Nah... Yuri is more my thing. :3

Back in the day, animu had more of a sense of adventure to it. For example, the original Dragon Ball. They went to so many different places, you know? It was like a real adventure. Plus, you could tell who was what gender. Animus also had better storylines, like Voltron. It was an animu based around a giant planet protecting robot that didn't suck. Lupin the 3rd, Tenchi Muyo(The original), Samurai Pizza Cats, Giantor, Outlaw Star are also some great old school animus.

... But NOW, we have stupid bull !@#$% animus about some guy with radiculously long hair and a demon sword with a japfag name who goes around fighting demons. Seriously, there are way too many demons in animus now or days. Oh, and don't forget the "Ninjas". You know, the Ninjas that go around holering "BEVELIE ITV" all the !@#$% time and have super powers to fly, teleport and go super saiyan.

Not all animus are like this though. Sometimes the main character is an emo guy with pitch black hair that has somekind of supernatural demon powers, including the ability to look as femmy as possible, no matter what, mainly the radiculously heavy eyeliner or the girly hair. Some how, this guy can fight off hoards of demons or the forces of evil no matter what and win even though he has twigs for arms and pretty much no strength what so ever.

In either kinds, or other kinds even, don't be suprised if any of the characters all the sudden get the ability of super human strength, become a dragon, turn into a giant robot or transform into a giant robot. It happens quite frequently, even if its not relevant at all to the storyline.

Don't get me wrong, there are some good new animus. Very few though. Like Azumanga Daioh, Afro Samurai and Histories Strongest Deciple.

Maybe I just can't get with the program, but I hate most animus now. If any of the things I named on this list are your kind of thing, more power to you becuase I know quite a few people don't like the kind of animu I like. I mean the things I said in the least offensive way.
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2007, 09:35:13 pm »

That's still no justification for pirating.

Back in the day, animu had more of a sense of adventure to it. For example, the original Dragon Ball. They went to so many different places, you know? It was like a real adventure. Plus, you could tell who was what gender. Animus also had better storylines, like Voltron. It was an animu based around a giant planet protecting robot that didn't suck. Lupin the 3rd, Tenchi Muyo(The original), Samurai Pizza Cats, Giantor, Outlaw Star are also some great old school animus.

... But NOW, we have stupid bull !@#$% animus about some guy with radiculously long hair and a demon sword with a japfag name who goes around fighting demons. Seriously, there are way too many demons in animus now or days. Oh, and don't forget the "Ninjas". You know, the Ninjas that go around holering "BEVELIE ITV" all the !@#$% time and have super powers to fly, teleport and go super saiyan.

Not all animus are like this though. Sometimes the main character is an emo guy with pitch black hair that has somekind of supernatural demon powers, including the ability to look as femmy as possible, no matter what, mainly the radiculously heavy eyeliner or the girly hair. Some how, this guy can fight off hoards of demons or the forces of evil no matter what and win even though he has twigs for arms and pretty much no strength what so ever.

In either kinds, or other kinds even, don't be suprised if any of the characters all the sudden get the ability of super human strength, become a dragon, turn into a giant robot or transform into a giant robot. It happens quite frequently, even if its not relevant at all to the storyline.

Don't get me wrong, there are some good new animus. Very few though. Like Azumanga Daioh, Afro Samurai and Histories Strongest Deciple.

Maybe I just can't get with the program, but I hate most animus now. If any of the things I named on this list are your kind of thing, more power to you becuase I know quite a few people don't like the kind of animu I like. I mean the things I said in the least offensive way.

Try watching something other than Shonen anime.
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2007, 08:27:04 am »
Maybe I just can't get with the program
Bingo. It sounds like you've been watching the wrong stuff.
the a o d c

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2007, 08:31:56 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

O_O Quick offtopic question; o.0 why are you calling it animu? lol I'm confused XD... BTW it seems to me that you only watch dubbed anime; mainly because of the "BELIEVE IT!" thing :p

Theres many many many animes out there, and half of the ones they bring here... just plain ol suck :p
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2007, 12:09:15 am »
O_O Quick offtopic question; o.0 why are you calling it animu? lol I'm confused XD... BTW it seems to me that you only watch dubbed anime; mainly because of the "BELIEVE IT!" thing :p

Theres many many many animes out there, and half of the ones they bring here... just plain ol suck :p

Animu is a word used on the innernets to make fun of anime. I heard that it was initially supposed to show how stupid it was that people used a corrupted form of the word "animation" to refer to the same subject, by using the Korean pronunciation of anime, animu. I'm not sure if that's credible, though.

But uma needs to watch something other than mainstream shounen.

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2007, 05:39:10 am »
Here's a relevant link:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=6AF4C4CE78782137

It's video of the fansubbing panel hosted by Greg Ayres at Sogen con. Almost all of the guests attended the panel (the ones who didn't had other panels that they had to be at).

I attended the panel myself; I might even be in a few of the frames.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 06:54:34 am by Swiftu »
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2007, 08:53:04 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything

Let me guess, you're watching all your anime on cartoon network, right?  Here, let me tell you something about CN.  They're lawyers, not creators.  They think, "Oh, look, Naruto did good, lets get another show like that!!  Hey!!  Bleach did good, let's get another one like that!!!"  See the problem?  They ignore the GOOD anime like Tsubasa and such (which NEEDS to be on TV may I add).

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2007, 01:23:30 pm »
  • 笑い男

yes, all anime is the stereotypically shite naruto.
That's like saying. I'm not going to watch TV because it's full of lies and it's all the same
:/

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.514 seconds with 74 queries.