Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lochness Monster  (Read 3264 times)

Lochness Monster
« on: June 04, 2006, 04:01:44 am »
  • Issac_Amisov
What do you think about the lochness monster or "Ogo Pogo"

lol.

I think its real, just like the Giant Squid stuff.

Whats your opinion?
Re: Lochness Monster
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 10:14:55 am »
Fake...People have searched through the entire lake at one time and found squat.
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 09:08:26 pm »
  • n___n
I'd like to believe it's real. Someday, if I ever win the lottery, and after I buy out Sony and Microsoft and turn them into pottery companies, I'll fund a research team.
yo yo yo

araknid_kid@yahoo.com = email and MSN
HellsExecutionR = AIM
araknidude = XBox Live gamertag
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 09:13:26 pm »
  • =/
I doubt its real but the giant squid I would like to find.

aab

^ Evolved from a Hobbit
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 10:33:11 pm »
The giant squids a possibility, but theres no way a creature that large could continue to survive in a confined area.
Unless of course its actually tiny and only resembles the ecthiosaurus (or whatever its called). Only thing to die of there is lack of salt, but a closed fiord would leave a deposit of evaporites to contain a certain volume of water salinity.
So..If multiple occasions of being completely covered in ice arent enough to kill it, youve got yourself a living legend!

I ♥ Sol
.... I ♥ Sol ? wtf how long has that been there? >_> *rrrrrrrrar*
  • MySpace

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 10:58:55 pm »
  • hungry..
CONSPIRACY!

Here's a picture of the REAL Lochness Monster:

>_>

Anyway, I don't think that there's anything there, other than a man in a submarine who pops up every now and then to scare people. In all honesty, even if someone found out there were, I wouldnt really care :P lol.
  • My Blog

Pyru

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 10:28:02 am »
The thing about the "Loch Ness Monster" is that the mainstream beliefs of it are so vague and varied, that it's entirely possible that something does exist that does fit the bill. Whether or not it's a remnant of a supposedly extinct family of reptiles... probably not.

Defenders of the idea will often say that the lake is very large and connected to the sea, so any "thorough" searches of the lake might not turn about a single individual. However, for there to be a breeding population of such creatures - and for them to have survived any amount of time, there would have to be several of them, which surely could not all hide at the same time...

Also, there are no reports of a Nessie type creature around the coast of Scotland, but they have been supposedly been observed in other Lochs, which seems odd.

Most of the photographic evidence is far too vague to be any where near conclusive, and some of the more famous and distinct photography has been highly speculated about as whether a) it was real (I believe one of the more famous ones was then claimed to be faked by the man who took it?) and b) whether or not it was of something that could be claimed to be the monster... I think one was thought to be an elephant swimming in the lake?

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2006, 12:33:46 am »
  • Things to see and people to do.
Fake. 'Nuff said.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Hear the haunting words (They'll find you alone)
lost children with no heart are crying (Turning their hearts into stone)
and you're the lost mother they're calling
Go now, run and hide (seek more than vengeance)
I hear them crying at night (your pain is their satisfaction)
outside when the planets are falling (for the rest of time)
They want to feel and know you hear them (Go now, run and hide)

• http://giantcock.netne.net/

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2006, 01:02:49 am »
  • hungry..
The thing about the "Loch Ness Monster" is that the mainstream beliefs of it are so vague and varied, that it's entirely possible that something does exist that does fit the bill. Whether or not it's a remnant of a supposedly extinct family of reptiles... probably not.

Defenders of the idea will often say that the lake is very large and connected to the sea, so any "thorough" searches of the lake might not turn about a single individual. However, for there to be a breeding population of such creatures - and for them to have survived any amount of time, there would have to be several of them, which surely could not all hide at the same time...

Also, there are no reports of a Nessie type creature around the coast of Scotland, but they have been supposedly been observed in other Lochs, which seems odd.

Most of the photographic evidence is far too vague to be any where near conclusive, and some of the more famous and distinct photography has been highly speculated about as whether a) it was real (I believe one of the more famous ones was then claimed to be faked by the man who took it?) and b) whether or not it was of something that could be claimed to be the monster... I think one was thought to be an elephant swimming in the lake?
Big bump, but isn't it possible the creature is A-Sexual? :D
  • My Blog

officespace16

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2006, 01:33:11 am »
we made a loch ness monster for my camp, except it was called lock summit monster

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2006, 02:30:14 am »

Possible, but not likely. As far as I know, only single-cell organisms reproduce asexually. If the Loch Ness Moster reproduces by those means, then by golly that is the biggest cell I've ever seen.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Pyru

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2006, 10:08:38 am »
Big bump

Read the rules, it's allowed. :P

Possible, but not likely. As far as I know, only single-cell organisms reproduce asexually. If the Loch Ness Moster reproduces by those means, then by golly that is the biggest cell I've ever seen.

No, a large number of things other than single-cell organisms reproduce asexually. Many insects reproduce asexually... for instance, aphids (aka greenfly, blackfly, whitefly) reproduce asexually while food is abundant, and then reproduce sexually when food becomes more scarce.

I'm not entirely certain about most vertebrates, but there is one species of lizard (a gecko, I think) that reproduces asexually. There are no males in the species, yet they still manage to reproduce successfully.

At any rate, asexual reproduction for something like that still seems unlikely. Asexual reproduction among vertebrates is very rare, and has the problem of lacking any kind of adaptation, so if the environment changed at all, it/they wouldn't be able to adjust.

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2006, 11:36:16 pm »
  • hungry..
Very rare... true... but how rare is a ginormous dinosaur like monster in a freezing scottish lake? :P Just as rare me thinks.
  • My Blog

officespace16

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2006, 11:37:17 pm »
worms are asexual

and so was gojirra

Pyru

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2006, 11:49:54 pm »
Very rare... true... but how rare is a ginormous dinosaur like monster in a freezing scottish lake? :P Just as rare me thinks.

1. Technically not a dinosaur; wrong type of bone structure.
2. Could've been warm-blooded? It's been theorised that some currently extinct reptile-like creatures could have been warm-blooded.

worms are asexual

and so was gojirra

Gojirra's fictional.

Some worms are asexual, some are gendered, and some are hermaphrodites, so are both male AND female. "Worm" is a very general term, applying to a very wide range of organisms.

officespace16

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2006, 11:54:33 pm »
well, hermaphrodites, mate w/ themselves-which means they reproduce singurly, and that is almost definition of asexual

and the broadness doesn't matter, it's just the fact that a multi-cellular organism can reproduce asexually
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2006, 12:11:37 am »
  • IBV
well, hermaphrodites, mate w/ themselves-which means they reproduce singurly, and that is almost definition of asexual

No, they don't mate with themselves. Even though they got both things they can only use them on another individual.
My signature is empty.

officespace16

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2006, 02:27:52 am »
doesn't matter, my point is, that there ARE multi-cellular beings, in this case worms, that produce assexually

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2006, 05:58:16 am »

Cryogentic(spl?) freezing? Ha, funny.

(!@#$%)

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2006, 09:04:40 pm »
  • Master Of Disaster
Well... This is an interesting question, as the "lochness monster" could be any creature, like oar fish. It can be up to 10 metres long and it resembles the "monsters" from all kinds of tales.

So, i think there is something true about the lochness monster

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.668 seconds with 77 queries.