Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Abandonware] Octorok Map Designer [Dead for the time being]  (Read 10993 times)

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: [WIP][NEED VOLUNTEERS] Octorok Map Designer
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2007, 06:03:17 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
yeah thats something I would only implement if I had gotten permission to use WWfan's repeated tile remover tool thingy's source, mainly to save time (I can do it myself, but its time consuming... Blitting and me seem to take a long time together... :()

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: [WIP][NEED VOLUNTEERS] Octorok Map Designer
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2007, 06:47:50 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Sorry for the double post, BUT!

I've finally set up Octorok's room selection system, and now it allows users to select a range of rooms, and assign them to a "Zone"; which basically is a block of rooms that the GML scripts will read at once and tell the game to scroll across as if its one big room; on top of that, it will also load the extra rooms on the boundaries of this zone. I'll have to experiment with load times once I get to the actual map design side of this project.

Which is a good segway to my next thing-

I'm finally to a point to where I can work on the map designer :p

I have to have one question answered before I get into this part, since its both GML and VB work for me (VB has to interpret the rooms GML code to display the maps; or at least, thats how I'm setting it up). Do you guys want the final product only usable as in-game scripts, or should they be strictly external? I'll need to know this for when I'm coding the scrolling and loading engine in GML. Scripts might be easier, since I can just assign room's offsets to arguments (like if I have to load the room to the left of your current room, I need to offset its X var by 1 room size). Up to you guys :p Forewarning though, if its all internal, you'll have approx 1000 scripts in just rooms alone in your source on a finished game. The room scripts arent meant to be edited in GM either, but they'll be accessible in that manor.

EDIT:

Heres a screenshot of the map zoning- Please note; this makes Octorok compatable with metroid style games as well, depending on how you have your game set up. I may make another transition engine for a metroid style game after the zelda one is done-
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 12:00:52 pm by Mamoruanime »
Re: [WIP] Octorok Map Designer [Need feedback an...
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2007, 02:32:15 pm »
  • 笑い男
I think that if the map files just saved all needed data, which the game loads in via a series of scripts, which also interpret that data and create the rooms would be better. just loading in gml scripts and executing them that the designer generates doesn't really seem like a good idea to me, but then again if it's got good enough encryption and it's only for offline games, i guess it'd work :/ lol

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: [WHIPPAH] Octorok Map Designer [Need feedbac...
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2007, 05:34:01 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
yeah; I'm just not GML savvy enough to have it pick apart an encryption :P I havent used GML since like 05 :( But thats why I'm almost wondering if people should just import the scripts into their GMDs and save em that way; granted that would leave for a big exe :s which isnt kewl either lol
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2007, 09:12:50 pm »
  • 笑い男
could just use a dll that crypts whole files (mixed with one that md5 hashes them after decryption to check they're valid before reading them in) :P

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2007, 09:20:49 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Yeah I've actually got some MD5 stuff I've been experimenting with in VB for Octorok, but :( its the GM side that is a blank for me on that whole side lol
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2007, 09:39:28 pm »
  • 笑い男
finding a dll that does that on the gmc and then simply using the scripts that come with the dll in gm is easy
if scr_md5_file(fname_here) = real_hash{
easy stuff :P

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2007, 09:44:15 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
oh, yeah that is lol I'd like to keep the code pretty much... 100% not borrowed :P I dont want a huge credits list lol
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2007, 10:03:16 pm »
  • 笑い男
using dll's isn't the same as taking existing code and sticking it in a mess though. seems quite normal and acceptable to me :P

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2007, 10:05:49 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
hmmm yeah perhaps lol I'll look into it :p I'm not even up to the GML part yet; I've gotta get all of that in when I'm doing the scrolling engine that's gunna come with this lol

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2007, 08:40:08 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
UPDATE! lol

I'm not going to work on this anymore :P World Artist is already a great tool that can be used to accomplish exactly what I want this particular project to accomplish :p...

So its going on the abandonware shelf :p Sorry folks
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2007, 04:57:57 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
*waves hand in typical Jedi fashion* You will release the source code.

:P Please?
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2007, 06:21:09 pm »
  • 笑い男
world artist has gml scripts now?
but still, it's not really a very userfriendly zelda map maker, or it didnt seem like that exact thing that you're going for last time i check? :S

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2007, 06:28:16 pm »
I've got to say, even I'm suprised O_o and I designed WA, its certainly not designed as a zelda-map-maker. It also needs some dire updating (which will happen when Fusion is released (its goner be the next version more or less)).

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2007, 10:23:00 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
*waves hand in typical Jedi fashion* You will release the source code.

:P Please?

Its too messy, lol... Really, it wasnt intended for anyones eyes but my own rofl so its just a mess to look at... that and it uses a very primitive draw method :P

Code: [Select]
shpTile.Visible = False
DoEvents
If Button = 1 Then
    picSelectedTile.Cls
    shpTile.Left = 120 * CLng(X / 120)
    shpTile.Top = 120 * CLng(Y / 120)
    'BitBlt picSelectedTile.hdc, 0, 0, 16, 16, picMASKS.hdc, (shpTile.Left / 15), (shpTile.Top / 15), vbSrcAnd

Dim lBlend As Long
    Dim bf As BLENDFUNCTION

TransparentBlt picSelectedTile.hdc, 0, 0, 32, 32, picTileset.hdc, 48, 0, (shpTile.Width / 15), (shpTile.Height / 15), GetPixel(frmMain.picTileset.hdc, 1, 1)

bf.BlendOp = AC_SRC_OVER
   bf.BlendFlags = 0
   bf.SourceConstantAlpha = sliAlpha.value
   bf.AlphaFormat = AC_SRC_ALPHA
   CopyMemory lBlend, bf, 4

AlphaBlend picSelectedTile.hdc, 0, 0, 32, 32, picTileset.hdc, (shpTile.Left / 15), (shpTile.Top / 15), (shpTile.Width / 15), (shpTile.Height / 15), lBlend

'  TransparentBlt picSelectedTile.hdc, 0, 0, 16, 16, picTileset.hdc, (shpTile.Left / 15), (shpTile.Top / 15), 16, 16, GetPixel(picTileset.hdc, 1, 1)
End If

shpTile.Visible = True

see? :P

world artist has gml scripts now?
but still, it's not really a very userfriendly zelda map maker, or it didnt seem like that exact thing that you're going for last time i check? :S

Gotta make my own :P not hard, just gotta modify the "Export to C Array" script.

On the userfriendly side; its all I need for now to do the external room block tests :P Perhaps as time progresses I'll finish Octorok, but for now, WA works fine :P

I've got to say, even I'm suprised O_o and I designed WA, its certainly not designed as a zelda-map-maker. It also needs some dire updating (which will happen when Fusion is released (its goner be the next version more or less)).

:P it does exactly what I need it to; allows me to export using custom methods :p its almost perfect :P
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 10:36:20 am by Mamoruanime »
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2007, 04:17:06 pm »
  • 笑い男
ah, i see
you're going to make whatever for it to make it more zelda map maker friendly ^^

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2007, 05:55:21 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
well at least *attempt* to :P The whole GML exporter thing is just me messing around with the already existing string output functions; I've not messed with it too much as of yet :P
Re: [Abandonware] Octorok Map Designer [Dead for...
« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2007, 01:16:29 pm »
[Abandonware] Octorok Map Designer [Dead for the time being]

O_o What happened??

EDIT: Never mind, I had missed your post.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 11:05:37 pm by sjegtp »
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2007, 01:49:50 pm »
  • 笑い男
just scroll up a bit >_< lol
UPDATE! lol

I'm not going to work on this anymore :P World Artist is already a great tool that can be used to accomplish exactly what I want this particular project to accomplish :p...

So its going on the abandonware shelf :p Sorry folks

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2007, 05:20:04 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
XD yeah; I dunno I may bring this project back, but it really all depends on what I'm working on during the time I need to bring this back;

The initial idea behind this was-----

To have a fully-functional room exporter that builds based on room blocks (multiple room files per screen size block) allowing users to make quick-loading, any-size maps for any game they desire (but set up primarily for Zelda games). BUT! Since WA is fully capable of doing this with just a simple custom exporter, theres really no point in rehashing the same thing again :P the only real difference was this project was going to have a map navigator :p...

But I think if I do start this project again, ima use VB.net with Direct X stuff; a lot less... blitty... that way :p
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 74 queries.