Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Running DX10 on Windows XP?  (Read 5649 times)

Re: Running DX10 on Windows XP?
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2007, 07:31:52 pm »
DX10 will only work on Treacherous Computing (a.k.a. "Trusted Computing" by the "industry") enabled hardware. That's why Vista needs so high specs. Because new hardware are TC enabled. If Vista allowed old hardware, it would not work with TC and thus the users can't be controlled properly with TC, DRM and so on.

If you could install DX10 on Windows XP it would totally ruin MS goal to put everyone under control and surveillance on Vista. Because XP is not TC enabled, and the hardware it runs on is not either. Be prepared that IF they ever release a patch for Windows XP, expect that they claim you need to upgrade the hardware as well, or it won't work as you want. The truth is that it won't ever work as you want whatever you do.

TC is a scheme to encrypt all internal and possibly some external communication on your computer hardware. In this way you can't do what you want to do. There will be a small program in the hardware that monitors what you do to make sure you don't do anything "bad" with your own computer (such as copying a movie, downloading music, playing a pirated game and so on... maybe also make sure you're not getting services from competitors). Vista is capable of respecting this little Big Brother (the hardware). You can't change Vista, because it's proprietary, you can't change Big Brother because he's encrypted with a secret 2048-bit key and won't work unless he's encrypted (the only other option is to not use the computer at all).

Initially TC was supposed to allow you to decide what the hardware ("big brother") should allow or not. The industry quickly made an incompatible design that NOT lets you decide. Therefore there can be some TC that is usable, just as there are DRM that is usable (i.e. for personal stuff)... It's however unacceptable that TC is used against you to make sure you don't infringe on what the industry call their "intellectual property".

Read more about Treacherous Computing here:
http://www.lafkon.net/tc/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treacherous_Computing
I agree with Venus

Yay, Sol's back. <3

Everyone here is WAY too smug, think before you spout out "LOL CONSPIRATHY TEHORY". <_<

Anyway, I heard about using DX10 on XP a few months ago.

-_-;; bah not to have any bad blood or anything, (and no this isnt directed to you, Sol) but really, is it absolutely necessary to hijack every thread with the conspiracy !@#$%?
It's been that way in the tech board for months. EVERY GODDAMN TOPIC THAT CAN POSSIBLY HAVE OS PUSHING HAS IT.

And it doesn't goddamn help anyone.

If you guys want to push your ideas, make a topic for it. Stop using help topics and other things for this !@#$%.

It only makes sense that it would happen in this topic

I always hated people that don't like ideas "pushed on them". If no one "pushed" ideas on me, I'd still be believing in a cosmic-zombie-jew-that-would-make-me-immortal-if-I-thought-he-was-real. ;)
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2007, 08:58:27 pm »
-_-;; bah not to have any bad blood or anything, (and no this isnt directed to you, Sol) but really, is it absolutely necessary to hijack every thread with the conspiracy !@#$%?
It's been that way in the tech board for months. EVERY GODDAMN TOPIC THAT CAN POSSIBLY HAVE OS PUSHING HAS IT.

If you guys want to push your ideas, make a topic for it. Stop using help topics and other things for this !@#$%.

Direct X 10 for Windows XP?

TRY LINUX

oh wait Direct X 10 doesn't work for that either.

I always hated people that don't like ideas "pushed on them". If no one "pushed" ideas on me, I'd still be believing in a cosmic-zombie-jew-that-would-make-me-immortal-if-I-thought-he-was-real. ;)
You must be pretty easy to manipulate then.
  • Google Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2007, 09:46:08 pm »

TRY LINUX

I don't want it and I don't need it. You can keep it.

I'm not easy to manipulate, but I could never learn as much from people if they didn't "push" their views on me. It contributes to the knowledge I need in order to decide for myself.
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2007, 09:55:20 pm »
I personally think DX 10 blows.  It's on my laptop and a game like CS:S runs at 10 frames a second with a dual core processor and a 256 meg video and 1 gig of DDR2 ram.  I have even turned all the graphics to low and it ran at 13 fps.

That has probably something to do with Vista more than DX10 but I have heard some nasty things about DX10.

Maybe a group should begin to heck and build DX9.0c into something even better.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2007, 09:57:01 pm »
I personally think DX 10 blows.  It's on my laptop and a game like CS:S runs at 10 frames a second with a dual core processor and a 256 meg video and 1 gig of DDR2 ram.  I have even turned all the graphics to low and it ran at 13 fps.

That has probably something to do with Vista more than DX10 but I have heard some nasty things about DX10.

... or use OpenGL. :P
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2007, 09:58:17 pm »

TRY LINUX

It's what the topic is ABOUT
  • Google Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2007, 09:59:16 pm »

And it doesn't god
damn help anyone.

TRY LINUX

It's what the topic is ABOUT
I don't need to like it to post here.
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2007, 10:05:05 pm »

How the heck would I do that?  I never saw an option to use OpenGL instead of DX.

I also even tried using my 512 mem card for fast ram and it did not do anything to system...It still runs the same.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2007, 10:07:34 pm »

How the heck would I do that?  I never saw an option to use OpenGL instead of DX.

I also even tried using my 512 mem card for fast ram and it did not do anything to system...It still runs the same.
I know. I meant that if you wanted a better alternative, there already is one.
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2007, 12:37:41 am »

I know. I meant that if you wanted a better alternative, there already is one.
I remember reading that OpenGL doesn't work as good in Vista because it's running though DirectX.

Giverny

Christ on Acid
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2007, 05:39:02 am »
  • Bitte Scheiße
And thats why Vista sux0rz.

Also, to much RAM makes your computer run slower >_>
THEGivernyPROJECT
~LynkW-Surrender Global
  • Surrender Global Forums
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.317 seconds with 59 queries.

anything