Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Damn Sony, that was low.  (Read 10876 times)

Re: Damn Sony, that was low.
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2006, 01:58:56 pm »
  • :3
happy to that was a black page in youre live.
  • daniel-kun
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2006, 07:15:34 pm »
  • Its the joeshmo!

EDIT: while I'm at it, I might as well address the whole "there's only one good game for teh PS3!" idea. Is that so? Because last time I checked, there was:

Metal Gear Solid 4
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
Resident Evil 5
Devil May Cry 4
Killzone (no title yet)
Eyedentify and Eye of Judgement (wait, what's that? Is that...innovation? Holy crap, it is!)
Resistance: The Fall of Man
Heavenly Sword
Assassin's parkour
Genji 2

need I go on? Because I can if I must.
Lookie here, all RPGS! That seems to be the only thing worth playing on the playstation, doesnt it. All final fantasy titles above FF9 lose. Creepy characters, bad storielines. I want a WII.
  • Netterra Virtual Pets
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2006, 08:58:49 pm »
  • The Broken King
I like RPG's, if PS3's lineup is good enough I may pick one up someday.

I don't see what the big deal about Sony copying Nintendo is ... it may not be original, but in order for them to remain competitive, they have to use every possible resource they have. Are you going to accuse Sega Genesis of ripping off NES? nope. Did yuo accuse N64 of ripping off PS? nope. Just because Sony didn't come up with the idea of motion sensoring, doesn't mean that they have less right to implement it.

ESPECIALLY considering this is a forum dedicated to ripping off nintendo (Zelda fan games? you know, stealing their ideas, characters, graphics, and sounds, and adding your own code? Hmm?)
  • Broken Kings [Temp Site]
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2006, 08:59:49 pm »

EDIT: while I'm at it, I might as well address the whole "there's only one good game for teh PS3!" idea. Is that so? Because last time I checked, there was:

Metal Gear Solid 4
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
Resident Evil 5
Devil May Cry 4
Killzone (no title yet)
Eyedentify and Eye of Judgement (wait, what's that? Is that...innovation? Holy crap, it is!)
Resistance: The Fall of Man
Heavenly Sword
Assassin's parkour
Genji 2

need I go on? Because I can if I must.
Lookie here, all RPGS! That seems to be the only thing worth playing on the playstation, doesnt it. All final fantasy titles above FF9 lose. Creepy characters, bad storielines. I want a WII.
Because Metal Gear Solid is an RPG. WTF is wrong with you?
  • Google Profile

Limey

« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2006, 09:15:47 pm »
So are resident evil and killzone apparently Kesha >_>

My only problem with the ps3 is the price... I didn't expect them to make it THAT high :/
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2006, 09:24:59 pm »
  • The Broken King

My only problem with the ps3 is the price... I didn't expect them to make it THAT high :/

game consoles are really expensive to produce these days. Last I heard, XBox 360 actually cost Microsoft money every time they sell one.
  • Broken Kings [Temp Site]
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2006, 09:31:18 pm »
  • Its the joeshmo!

game consoles are really expensive to produce these days. Last I heard, XBox 360 actually cost Microsoft money every time they sell one.

Thats why their games are extremely overpriced. I dont think it costs too much, it doesnt even have to have an opperating system. It just needs high ram and a good graphics card.
  • Netterra Virtual Pets
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2006, 12:15:14 am »
ESPECIALLY considering this is a forum dedicated to ripping off nintendo (Zelda fan games? you know, stealing their ideas, characters, graphics, and sounds, and adding your own code? Hmm?)

Are we selling the ripped off games to make mony to live on and become HUGE competition with Nintendo?  Maybe you do but I don't.
"May the innovation be with you."

www.guffa.smf4free.com

tippz

« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2006, 12:25:20 am »
The tilt sensing was added about two weeks ago which is, about the time Nintendo stole virtually all of the pre E3 buzz by naming their console Wii. Hm... I read that on joystiq at school, if you want to go check

Anyway, everyone can SAY that not having HD and whatever on the PS3 won't affect them, they will eventually have to realize that yes it does! Sony has stated many times that they plan to give the PS3 a 10 year lifespan. That means if you don't have HD now, you will by the time time the PS3 gets to the end of its life.

Also, console manufacturers generally lose money by releasing consoles then make it up in software sales. Microsoft (Sony too? not sure) sucks at it though as they netted an amazing -$1,000,000,000 over the life of the Xbox! (that is just the 'xbox' division, not the rest of the company)
« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2006, 12:29:07 am »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
the ps3 is way overpriced, I don't care what the rumors are saying, physics engine or not, it's still too damn expensive..

I'll be buying a Wii, thankyou very much.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

Spaceworld

« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2006, 12:52:54 am »
I didn't list sources for the differences between the packages because I'm a digg and /. addict, and I assume everyone is. . . sorry.  ::)

And like I said, if you think those games are worth it, fine. I honestly don't care. I agree with you, people shouldn't *hate* consoles. I just gave the reasons why I, personally, will not rush out to buy a PS3 on launch day. If the 360 gets a nice price drop, I'll probably pick one up around that time. Eventually, with enough PROVEN software support and a considerable price drop, I may pick up a PS3. Sorry if I sound cheap, but my weekends are so goddamn expensive lately. I can't seem to save a dime, and when I do it goes to several things I gotta fund.

TP

« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2006, 11:55:47 am »
Jesus.. I think that Sony is on the top. It was the bestselling system of this generation.

I know the PS3 is overpriced. That's because it has an HDD. I bet you would be able to find a 60GB HDD PS3 on eBay for like, $200 - $300. I believe the sales went like this:

Sony
Nintendo
Microsoft
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 05:04:10 pm by TP »
« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2006, 12:13:53 pm »
...Hard Drives dont cost a lot, a 60gb hard disc for any computer will only be like $50 at most or something these days. So Sony is really cramming a lot of other !@#$% in there. Or they just want more profit.
« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2006, 01:06:31 pm »
well, the PS3 has what? 7 processors? Sony's tried to pump enough power into the PS3 to try to keep it alive and well, even into the generation after it. I will admit, for the average gamer, the price is pretty damn steep. I myself will probably buy a Wii first, and buy a PS3 after the first price drop. I'll probably buy a 360, too, but not for awhile.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2006, 07:30:54 pm »
  • Its the joeshmo!
Actually you can get a 300gig hardrive for $100.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822148131
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 07:33:44 pm by joeshmo »
  • Netterra Virtual Pets
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2006, 07:39:02 pm »
The PS3 does not have seven processors, any more than the PS2 had three processors. (EE + 2 VPUs)

The PS3 features the Cell Processor, which is a PPC 970, the same chip that was in the last iteration of PowerMacs. The Cell Processor has seven on-die Synergistic Processing Elements (SPE). Each SPE has 256kb of local memory - and in the PS3, each SPE never be able to address (i.e. read/write to) more than that 256kb. Thus, the main processor spends most of its time making sure that the SPEs are always working on more data - if a SPE runs out of data to do operations on (considering how fast these things work, 256kb is not a lot), then it effectively shuts down until it gets more.
Quote from: Wikipedia link="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cell_processor#Synergistic_Processing_Elements_.28SPE.29"
In one typical usage scenario, the system will load the SPEs with small programs (similar to threads), chaining the SPEs together to handle each step in a complex operation. For instance, a set-top box might load programs for reading a DVD, video and audio decoding, and display, and the data would be passed off from SPE to SPE until finally ending up on the TV.

So yes: the PS3 has a spectacularly powerful processor, which is going to be even more difficult than the PS2's emotion engine to program for. When properly utilized, the PS3 will be able to output some gorgeous graphics... but...

...to be honest, I'm not so excited to see the PS3's graphics: I know what to predict, it's a certainty that they'll be beautiful and gorgeous (as long as you're seeing them on a HD tv), though the same could be said for the XBox 360. Indeed, in this interview with IGN, Magnus H??gdahl, the lead designer who worked on the critically acclaimed Chronicles of Riddick, said that the graphics of the XBox 360 and the PS3 will be the same:
The PS3 will have a content size advantage with Blu-ray and a CPU advantage for titles that are able to utilize a lot of the SPUs. The Xbox360 has a slight GPU advantage and its general purpose triple-core CPU is relatively easy to utilize compared to SPUs. I expect that it will be near impossible to tell Xbox360 and PS3 screenshots apart.
For the first time in my life, I'm not excited to see the next generation of video game consoles. I have this feeling that they'll be more of the same that we saw this generation; with higher poly counts and more sparkly effects. Since I don't have a HD tv, and don't really have the cashola to buy one, the benefits of high polys are lost on me, so all I'll ever really see are the sparklies.

Do you remember how you felt when you first played Mario 64, or Final Fantasy VII, or MGS? I was floored. The transition to 3D was so amazing, and it added so much to the experience. I don't feel as if the video game industry has advanced at all since the PS1/N64 generation. Which is why I'm half-heartedly looking forward to the Nintendo Wii - Nintendo's weird ass controller is the only new thing that this generation has going for it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.283 seconds with 70 queries.