Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3 Person Battle System?  (Read 1300 times)

3 Person Battle System?
« on: March 29, 2008, 01:46:19 am »
Okay, so to make a 3 person battle system I would start with going to Spriteset_battle and deleting viewport4? I just want only 3 characters to shown in battle, but I want 1 center, 1 left, and 1 right, so using the 4 person system is out of the question.
So give me you're code and add mine:
Code: 4296-2644-3642

Sorry guys.  I just don't have the time anymore for the CP.  Working two jobs and just having a couple hours to play my Wii and continue learning programming just is not leaving me free time to focus on the CP.  I feel that it's my obligation to step aside as Level Director.  It's just a time issue.  Since I am also a global mod that also takes some of my focus from the CP.  So, it's nothing against anybody or what not, I'm just out of time anymore it seems.  Sorry again.
wtf, i remember posts that used to have content explaining reasons rather than ways to get rises out of users with a youtube video and no reason as to why!

How to post maturely:
epic intolerance, I caught aids from the stupidity in your post

why not issue everyone 5 opinion tokens for each year, if they voice their opinion without presenting a token- they can be legally murdered
Make sure every post you make is mature like these two (and there's many more). You just can't beat ZFGC's friendliness and maturity!
Re: 3 Person Battle System?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 01:48:19 am »
  • I need something new to put here...
Erm, you know it would help if you gave us a more descriptive explination of the problem, and information lie what language your using, etc.
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 01:49:41 am »
Erm, you know it would help if you gave us a more descriptive explination of the problem, and information lie what language your using, etc.
In the description it says RPG Maker. Isn't there only one language in RPG Maker?

On another note, I found this in Scene_Battle1, and I think it has something to do with the active party.
@actor_command_window = Window_Command.new(160, [s1, s2, s3, s4])
So give me you're code and add mine:
Code: 4296-2644-3642

Sorry guys.  I just don't have the time anymore for the CP.  Working two jobs and just having a couple hours to play my Wii and continue learning programming just is not leaving me free time to focus on the CP.  I feel that it's my obligation to step aside as Level Director.  It's just a time issue.  Since I am also a global mod that also takes some of my focus from the CP.  So, it's nothing against anybody or what not, I'm just out of time anymore it seems.  Sorry again.
wtf, i remember posts that used to have content explaining reasons rather than ways to get rises out of users with a youtube video and no reason as to why!

How to post maturely:
epic intolerance, I caught aids from the stupidity in your post

why not issue everyone 5 opinion tokens for each year, if they voice their opinion without presenting a token- they can be legally murdered
Make sure every post you make is mature like these two (and there's many more). You just can't beat ZFGC's friendliness and maturity!
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 10:26:52 am »
Well looking through the scripts I don't think that's very easy to do...
Spriteset_Battle had some relevant stuff in it. And the Scene_Battle(1-4) scripts seemed like they had stuff that was doing crap to battles in it too.
But apart from that I can't really help you...
Mabye some people from http://www.rpgrevolution.com/forums/ could help you. They know all about RPG maker over there.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 11:32:55 pm »
  • You're the yellow bird that I've been waiting for.
In the description it says RPG Maker. Isn't there only one language in RPG Maker?
There are several actually:
RM95, Sim RPG Maker, RM2K/3, RMXP, RMVX, and there are a few RPG Makers for consoles in America as well. 3 or 4 of them I think.
RMXP, and VX I think, use Ruby as a scripting language. Unfortunately, I'm only confortable with it enough to edit it other peoples scripts though, I don't make my own. rpgrevolution.com is a great site though, like Darklight said, and check out http://www.creationasylum.net/ as well. That's where I usually go.

EDIT: Actually, upon further inspection, I think I figured it out. First of all, just make it so that you never have more than 3 people in the party. Then, open the Window_BattleStatus script and find "super(0, 320, 640, 160)". Play around with these values to resize the status window. 0 is the starting x position and 640 is width of the box all together. The actors' stats and image are controlled by the actor_x variable which is defined at "actor_x = i * 160 + 4". Play around with those numbers to get your desired positions and spacing. Hope that made sense and helped a little.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 11:45:59 pm by brighteyes »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.297 seconds with 48 queries.