Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: I am Swiftu and I think Earthbound is retarded.  (Read 4820 times)

Re: I am Swiftu and I think Earthbound is retard...
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2008, 07:04:32 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
It's just an example, oh, and I found it funny that Zidane got all offended when Regulus used the word "retarded" but when Mamoruanime and others started using it there was no such condemnation.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, I happen to think that everything that the person who is reading this thinks is stupid.  People have to be respectful of other people's opinions though and that is what is getting ignored, but simply posting negatives with no credence it can be seen as disrespect to other opinions, and positive opinions if positive opinions are the norm are just weak, supportive but not substantial, and do not go against the grain.

Don't worry I yelled and Mammy and such.

Anyways, it's not alright to post negative opinions without an explanation but it's alright to go "OMG EARTHBOUND. BEST RPG EVER." without any explanation as to WHY it's "the best"?
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2008, 07:08:14 pm »
If you read my post in that previous topic and the one in this one, I said that positive opinions when positive opinions are the norm are weak but at least they do not conflict the other positive opinions.  People who give better positive opinions do back them up, and even in your example, it is a good RPG.  While this may not be saying a lot, many people know what an RPG is, so they can draw their own conclusions assuming that either the battle system is good, the abilities are decent, etc.
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2008, 07:49:39 pm »
Hi troll.

If you have nothing to contribute to the topic don't post. Consider this a warning.
He is right, Swiftu is just trolling. He doesn't even come up with 1 reason to support his opinion. He just saw the Earthbound Siege Marathon topic and decided to create a topic to !@#$% people off.
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2008, 07:54:18 pm »
Hi troll.

If you have nothing to contribute to the topic don't post. Consider this a warning.
He is right, Swiftu is just trolling. He doesn't even come up with 1 reason to support his opinion. He just saw the Earthbound Siege Marathon topic and decided to create a topic to !@#$% people off.

Right or not it still lacks contribution to the topic >_>
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2008, 08:18:29 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
I don't understand what all the hype is about a children's RPG that came out over 10 years ago that hasn't done anything to particularly influence gaming.

It's made by nintendo.

So are the Kirby games, I don't see anywhere near as much hype around those.

It's got a boy with a yo yo and HUR HUR ORIGINAL HUMORZ.

That's why.

Anyways I agree.

Edit: Also, Kirby is horribly under-rated and keeps getting overshadowed by shitty games like this :(
Yes, Kirby has been a beacon of quality on the latest Nintendo consoles. >_> Does anyone remember Sqeak Squad? I'm not saying it's a bad game, but can you remember any interesting point in the game? I remember Crystal Shards, but Sqeak Squad just felt like the exact same thing, yet again. Nintendo may be known for doing the same thing over and over, but at least Zelda, Mario, Metroid (well...), etc. make an effort.*

*I guess that's not entirely true, I enjoyed Canvas Curse.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2008, 08:19:03 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
Hi troll.

Are you really that dense? He contributed nothing to the topic. He's just being a troll himself.

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2008, 08:20:26 pm »
  • Xiphirx
Wow, mods fighting?

This topic is the true hell...
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2008, 08:33:01 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
Look you all want my reasons for hating the series?

It's WAY over-rated.
The battle system is bland and shitty.
The concepts are just plain stupid.
The games aren't interesting at all. I get bored after about 5 minutes of Earthbound. I was shocked I was actually able to get through it.
The humor isn't even humorous.

Seriously the list goes on. Again, this is my opinion on the game. My opinion is not a reflection of those who hate the game, it is MINE.

I'll probably get chewed out for having an opinion anyways like "HOW IS THE CONCEPT STUPID. UR STUPID GO AWAY DONT EVEN POST IF YOU THINK THIS GAME IS STUPID".

Not matter HOW good the game is, it could have 10s on every website in the world, there will always be those who hate the game and will have an opinion on it. It seems here that if you don't like the game you can't say anything, no matter how negative, without getting chewed out by some crazed fanboy.

This coming from someone who has a huge obsession with Final Fantasy IX, I can say that I don't freak out when people say "Final Fantasy IX is a shitty game!". I don't argue with them that they should change their opinion and not post. I don't go crying everywhere. I just ignore because I know that I like the game and I think it's good.

You fanboys should do the same and stop crying and freaking out everytime says "This game is !@#$% stupid". Deal with it. They think it's !@#$%, so what? What impact does that have on your life?

Also don't cry and get all defensive because I called you a fanboy. I call myself a fanboy because I admit it... FFIX makes me wet my panties and I personally think it's the best game ever.

Does that mean it's true? No.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 08:35:03 pm by Zidane »
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2008, 08:35:30 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
If you read my post in that previous topic and the one in this one, I said that positive opinions when positive opinions are the norm are weak but at least they do not conflict the other positive opinions.  People who give better positive opinions do back them up, and even in your example, it is a good RPG.  While this may not be saying a lot, many people know what an RPG is, so they can draw their own conclusions assuming that either the battle system is good, the abilities are decent, etc.
I think I agree. If someone says "The Beatles are the best band ever!", you can pretty much just roll your eyes and ignore them. If someone says "Beatles suck", then you are trashing their beliefs. I don't think you can offend someone by saying something is great.

Another example: "Citizen Kane is the greatest achievement in cinema." compared to "Citizen Kane is a retarded movie, that isn't even interesting at all". The first statement can be ignored and doesn't offend, the second does.

Now, I'm not saying that offending people is wrong, but that's the facts (I think). Again, I'm going on the assumption you aren't completely furious when people say that something is the best ever.

Edit:After reading Zidane's post, I remembered something. Just because someone makes an offending statement, doesn't give you the right to lash back. If you don't agree, so what? No one agrees about everything. If this was a post-apocalyptic world where everyone had to wear Franklin Badges and sing the eight melodies every morning, there would definetly be people who didn't like it and revolted (not for the obvious reason that that society would blow).
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 08:38:51 pm by Kylink »
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2008, 12:30:34 am »
  • Silly cat!
Yes! Another EarthBound topic! Hey everyone, here's the chance to make fun of other people's interests, because we haven't already down that nine thousand times before!

I'm really getting shitty with the lot of you. !@#$% find something new to talk about, !@#$% stop dissing other people's interests, !@#$% stop being such motherfucking goddamn trolls, and for !@#$%'s sake, someone tear off Swoftu's balls.

In case you didn't read into that extreme amount of profanity properly, I'm pissed with these stupid whiney topics about basically nothing but insulting other people and what they enjoy. "Mwehh, but Hoffy, they're just stating their opinion." Sure bloody thing they're stating their opinion, it's call trolling. It's just to make the fanboys angry, just to cause a little bit of entertainment. And then, hoo, Swiftu comes back with his "LOL SUCCESSFUL TROLL IS SUCCESSFUL", and all the fanboys are left looking like idiots. And for what? For nothing really, they just defended the things they like when the author of the topic wasn't even being that serious anyway. Oh, and the worst part? It happens every goddamn day, all over the internet, little stupid selfish gamers whinging about retarded insignificant things and stirring up dedicated fans, and the last thing I want is to come to a small, intimate community in which I actually enjoy and deal with this crap all over again.

Leave the goddamn fanboys alone, before it all ends up in tears.

Hoffy.
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2008, 12:33:32 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
Yes! Another EarthBound topic! Hey everyone, here's the chance to make fun of other people's interests, because we haven't already down that nine thousand times before!

I'm really getting shitty with the lot of you. !@#$% find something new to talk about, !@#$% stop dissing other people's interests, !@#$% stop being such motherfucking goddamn trolls, and for !@#$%'s sake, someone tear off Swoftu's balls.

In case you didn't read into that extreme amount of profanity properly, I'm pissed with these stupid whiney topics about basically nothing but insulting other people and what they enjoy. "Mwehh, but Hoffy, they're just stating their opinion." Sure bloody thing they're stating their opinion, it's call trolling. It's just to make the fanboys angry, just to cause a little bit of entertainment. And then, hoo, Swiftu comes back with his "LOL SUCCESSFUL TROLL IS SUCCESSFUL", and all the fanboys are left looking like idiots. And for what? For nothing really, they just defended the things they like when the author of the topic wasn't even being that serious anyway. Oh, and the worst part? It happens every goddamn day, all over the internet, little stupid selfish gamers whinging about retarded insignificant things and stirring up dedicated fans, and the last thing I want is to come to a small, intimate community in which I actually enjoy and deal with this crap all over again.

Someone made a negative comment about a game you like. Boo hoo.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2008, 12:35:06 am »
  • Silly cat!

Don't assume things, it's not nice. The most I've played of EarthBound was 10 minutes with a ROM.

I'm just saying what needs to be said.

Hoffy.
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2008, 12:35:47 am »

Christ dude its the internet.
And so stating hate for something is trolling?

Anyways, this topic started off as obvious trolling. Okay I took my turn to post my dislike for the game (I think it was this topic anyways, !@#$% knows) but this topic will now be locked.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2008, 02:52:41 am »
  • b e p i s

Don't assume things, it's not nice. The most I've played of EarthBound was 10 minutes with a ROM.

I'm just saying what needs to be said.

And you know what? You're right, Hoffy.

Topics like this are stupid. They will not be permitted from now on. Civil discussion is all very well, but XFD THIS GAME SUCKS !@#$% is not something that really needs to be going on here.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.498 seconds with 66 queries.