Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bad luck strikes!  (Read 1465 times)

DeathTailsz

Wanderer
Bad luck strikes!
« on: October 02, 2008, 02:52:47 am »
  • Angelic Hymn
As you know, I use my old, crappy, slow, can't play games with high memory usage...
Well, I was bringing a glass of water into my room, and I placed it on the tower/computer, (No, not the monitor) and I plunked in a movie to watch, when I went to grab my water, my dogs pushed me over, and water leaked into it...

I guess you know what that means, folks!  No more dumb computer!  Even though most of my stuff has been "gone", I always write things to my Portable Driver, so, my essential files were saved, (Such as, Pictures, Artwork, some writing, and my Dream Files. (Don't ask)) So, the other things that weren't saved, where, "Zelda Fan Game(s)", and some "Short stories".  Although, to me this isn't much of a loss. (Unless you were looking forward to my unpolished, noobishly written Zelda game, I'm greatfully sorry.)

On the bright side, I now have a better computer, faster, higher RAM capabilities with me.
Downside: It's Vista, so, my Gamemaker 6.1 key won't work. (Sad lost) No, it doesn't seem to work with the "Change your GM6 key, into a GM7 key"-thing.. All the cracks seem to either have Trojan_Generic, or Cry_Mangled... (Haha, I feel stupid resorting to cracks...  They probably don't work anyways...  Time to save money for a new license!  ...yay...)

Anyways, here's my question, have you ever broken your computer before?

"More like Stupei Ace Defective!" - Yukari - Persona 3
  • StarFox 2D

Xiphirx

wat
Re: Bad luck strikes!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 03:00:48 am »
  • Xiphirx
As you know, I use my old, crappy, slow, can't play games with high memory usage...
Well, I was bringing a glass of water into my room, and I placed it on the tower/computer, (No, not the monitor) and I plunked in a movie to watch, when I went to grab my water, my dogs pushed me over, and water leaked into it...

I guess you know what that means, folks!  No more dumb computer!  Even though most of my stuff has been "gone", I always write things to my Portable Driver, so, my essential files were saved, (Such as, Pictures, Artwork, some writing, and my Dream Files. (Don't ask)) So, the other things that weren't saved, where, "Zelda Fan Game(s)", and some "Short stories".  Although, to me this isn't much of a loss. (Unless you were looking forward to my unpolished, noobishly written Zelda game, I'm greatfully sorry.)

On the bright side, I now have a better computer, faster, higher RAM capabilities with me.
Downside: It's Vista, so, my Gamemaker 6.1 key won't work. (Sad lost) No, it doesn't seem to work with the "Change your GM6 key, into a GM7 key"-thing.. All the cracks seem to either have Trojan_Generic, or Cry_Mangled... (Haha, I feel stupid resorting to cracks...  They probably don't work anyways...  Time to save money for a new license!  ...yay...)

You basically broke a computer, went out and bought a new one?

Why didn't you just buy a new one in the first place?
  • For The Swarm

DeathTailsz

Wanderer
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 03:05:21 am »
  • Angelic Hymn

Didn't have enough money to buy a new one. xD

• StarFox 2D
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 03:20:00 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
I never broke a computer.  I've bought two computers in my life (one laptop, one desktop) and they're both sitting right in front of me.  Since I bought my desktop, my laptop has been demoted to DVD player (and the titchy hard drive is totally full).

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 03:41:12 am »
  • Xiphirx

But now you did?
  • For The Swarm

DeathTailsz

Wanderer
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 03:57:55 am »
  • Angelic Hymn

But now you did?
I found my lost long buddy, "Bank Card" which has A LOT of money on it.  (Used in emergencies.)

• StarFox 2D
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 09:36:38 am »
  • I need something new to put here...
My laptop was 100% completely !@#$%, it had a couple 'dead pixel lines' completely destroyed disk drive and the monitor had actually melted a little bit from being too close to a light bulb. Then I lost it and got a new one thanks to insurance. Life sure is funny sometimes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.292 seconds with 51 queries.

anything