Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: The Enigma Scrolls  (Read 1386 times)

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
The Legend of Zelda: The Enigma Scrolls
« on: October 21, 2008, 10:23:37 pm »
Note: Before reading, please remember that this is an idea only. It will not necessarily be turned into a game. Ocarina of Time 2D is already being worked on, and I do not wish to distract anyone with a new idea. That said, there are also many other OoT2D's being worked now, and since we are gathering resources only, I will also develop this idea and we will choose what happens when summer arrives.

The Legend of Zelda: The Enigma Scrolls

My story takes place in a distant land, not far from Hyrule. Link, after having met the Wind Fish and being at sea again, stumbles upon the seemingly deserted Enigma Isles, which were thought to be non-existant. Wandering for a time, Link eventually finds a small seaside beach house. The house is empty, but on the table is a letter dated not long ago.

I know not the person receiving this letter, but it is of ill fate that the bird shall deliver to you. The kingdom Hyrule has fallen, the Hero vanished. My father has been elimniated by a dark being, and myself imprisoned. By the fate of the Gods, you have been chosen. I know not the location of the remaining six, but their power is needed to save what is lost. Should my piece of Wisdom fail and is taken, then the Hero is in danger. The piece of Power and Courage will not remain hidden, not while the Dark Lord is here. Please, if you read this, you must find the seven Scrolls and inherit our power. For as long as there is fate, all is not lost.

Princess Zelda

^That taken from my own message board. Anyway, the idea was that someone would have received this message, but Link bumps into it while the new 'Hero' is out trying to find the scrolls. Link will take this quest at the same time the new 'Hero' is already working toward it. Later on in the story, Link will run into the new 'Hero' and that's when the conflict will begin.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 01:37:15 am by Jeod »
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page

Jeod

Re: The Legend of Zelda: The Enigma Scrolls
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 01:24:56 am »
Some more development...

Now, if this gets into production, it would be the simple LttP style, unmodified. Since the letter has already been opened, that means that a new 'Hero' has been chosen and has set out to save Hyrule. Link, having possession of the Triforce of Courage, also sets out on this noble quest, and will eventually meet face to face with the new 'Hero'. That's where the conflict will begin, as Link cannot accept the appearance of a new 'Hero' while he still holds the Triforce of Courage. However, this new 'Hero' has already solved the mysteries of one scroll, and has obtained the sacred power of the Sage of Light. The Dark Lord has not shown himself yet, which is good news for the two. The new 'Hero' suggests that they travel together to keep the Triforce of Courage safe, and to protect the Sages' powers. (I doubt co-op modes will exist if this is made, due to difficulty. But it is possible)

So, Link and the new 'Hero' return to the tattered kingdom of Hyrule, to scout for the remaining scrolls. However, the Enigma Isles will not be forgotten; Link will have to traverse between the isles and the broken Hyrule kingdom to help the new 'Hero' inherit the Sages' powers and defeat the Dark Lord. (Who is not Ganondorf this time)
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 06:57:12 am »
Oh wow, no one has posted here.  This is a cool concept, I like it.

Jeod

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 10:36:59 pm »
Thanks. I did some development for it on my own site since nobody had posted here.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.567 seconds with 46 queries.

anything