Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for an artist; hand drawn and rasterized  (Read 1400 times)

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Looking for an artist; hand drawn and rasterized
« on: December 27, 2008, 05:37:22 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
The Rundown:

I'm looking for an artist who is skilled in drawing manga, and who is able to rasterize and color in a tool such as photoshop, or any capable graphic art program.

http://media.bigoo.ws/content/layout/anime-manga/cartoom-manga_25.jpg <this style is somewhat of what I'm looking for.

The Game and Story:

It's for the Blaster Master HD project, which has scattered audio in the audio board by DJvenom and myself. Anyone who's familiar with blaster master knows the story; however I'll post the introduction here-

Jason fell to the floor.
   His bed wasn’t that high, so it didn’t hurt too much. Still, it was enough to wake him.
   He pulled himself out of the tangle of sheets. “It was a dream,” he said to himself. Only a dream! He felt his heart beating a mile a minute, and couldn’t help but smile with relief. Thankfully, things like that never happened in real life.
   R-beeeeeeeeeeeeeak!
   Jason’s breath caught in his throat. The sound was real! It was coming from the box where Fred lived.
   Fred was Jason’s pet frog.
   But this didn’t sound like Fred. Fred’s “voice” sounded more like ribit most of the time. Sometimes, if he got excited, it was ribeet. But never—
   R-beeeeeeeeeeeeeak!
   â€œFred?” Jason called out timidly.
   The morning sun was filtering through his blinds, casting stripes of light on the floor. It shone through the huge glass box on the table across the room—the home he had made for Fred. In the angle of the sun rays, Fred’s shadow was a dark mutant giant.
   â€œWas that you, Fred?” Jason asked.
   Before he could even finish the question, Fred began jumping.
   R-beeeeeeeeeeeeeak!
   R-beeeeeeeeeeeeeak!
   R-beeeeeeeeeeeeeak!
   He was frantic. He was trying to leap out. Jason couldn’t believe his eyes.
   â€œFred, what’s the matter? Is something wrong?”
   Fred began flinging himself against the glass—away from Jason and toward the window.
   â€œYou…you want to go outside?” Jason asked.
   Fred jumped up and down, continuing his strange shriek. It was as if he understood Jason.
   Jason was flabbergasted. He knew Fred was smart, for a frog, but he had never shown signs of understanding English!
   â€œFeed him, for god’s sake, Jason!” came a groggy voice from down the hall.
   It was Mr. Frudnick, Jason’s father, trying to get his Saturday morning sleep.
   â€œOkay, Dad!” Jason shouted.
   But he knew Fred didn’t want to be fed. This was a stronger need, a need that would destroy Fred if it wasn’t fulfilled.
   R-beeeeeeeeeeeeeak!
   Things weren’t going to be too terrific for Jason either, if he didn’t stop Fred from making that noise.
   And there was only one way to do that.
   â€œEasy there, pal,” Jason said. “I’ll take care of you.” He reached down into the high glass walls. From the bottom, the rich smell of the soil and mossy plants wafted upward. Jason had always been proud of the home he’d built, and Fred had seemed to love it—until now.
   Jason cupped his hands around the frog and lifted him out. As soon as he set him down on the table, Fred squirmed away from him and jumped across the room.
   He landed on Jason’s blue carpet and hopped out the half-open door.
   â€œHey, where are you going?” Jason called out.
   But Fred was already down the hallway. Jason followed him downstairs. Fred hopped through the living room, right up to the front door.
   R-beeeeeeeeeeeeeak!
   Jason shivered. What was making Fred act like this? He felt as if he were in his dream again—as if something terrible would happen if he opened the door.
   â€œWhat’s out there, pal?” he asked in a soft voice.
   Fred began jumping again, hurling himself against the door. His little body made sharp thuds as it bounced back.
   â€œOkay, okay! I’ll let you out. I don’t want you to hurt yourself!”
   Jason opened the door. In one bound, Fred leapt over the entire porch. He landed on the font lawn, and in seconds he was in the street. Jason had to run at top speed to catch up—which wasn’t easy in his slippers. All around them, the small town of Batrachia, New York, lay asleep. The lawns looked a little shaggy, and Jason knew that the mowers would be roaring in a few hours. It was a quiet, small town by the ocean, and Jason liked it best on the days when the wind blew from the south. Then you could smell gentle, salty breezes. But when it blew from the east, the air had a stale, gassy smell from the nearby swamp.
   Jason always kept his distance from the swamp. Everyone did. It always seemed creepy and slimy, and some people claimed that parts of it glowed at night. It wasn’t the kind of place you ever really thought of visiting.
   But it was exactly where Fred was heading.
   â€œNot there!” Jason yelled. “Come back!”
   Fred was way ahead, at the very end of Archer Street. There were no houses there, just a cyclone fence. Beyond it, as far as the eye could see, was the swamp.
   By now, Fred was a hopping silhouette in the orange glow of the rising sun. Through squinted eyes, Jason looked on in horror as Fred wriggled his way under the fence. He disappeared into the tall swamp grass, appearing again only at the top of each hop.
   Leaping over the fence, Jason landed in the swamp and started running. Actually, slogging was more like it. Before long his slippers were sucked into the muck. Barefooted now, he followed Fred into an area of bushes and scrawny trees. He pushed aside the spindly branches that whipped against his face.
   It was no use. Fred had vanished into the bushes. There would be no way to find him now.
   â€œFred!” Jason was screaming now. This couldn’t be happening. Not to Fred, his best friend! Not to the pet Jason had raised from a tadpole! Fred couldn’t possibly survive in a swamp.
   â€œFred! Where are you?”
   Jason’s answer came—but it wasn’t a frog sound. It was a low, sinister hum to his left. Jason pushed aside some thick, overgrown vines and followed the noise.
   He came to another field. The grass here was pale, almost brown. It looked as if it had been scorched in the sun.
   There was a dull, sickly green glow in the middle of it. Jason cautiously approached. Soon he could see where the glow came from—a strange metallic box that jutted out of the murky ground. On top of it was a small shadow that seemed to be growing.
It was in the shape of a frog.
“There you are!” Jason shouted. “I thought I’d lost—”
Jason cut himself off. He was sure he could recognize his pet anywhere, and this had to be Fred. But the size was wrong. Fred wasn’t nearly that big.
Maybe it was a trick of the rising sun, a reaction to the swamp gas. Jason rubbed his eyes.
When he opened them, Fred was the size of a cocker spaniel. His little chest was puffing in and out furiously as he breathed. And with each breath he grew bigger. To the size of a wolf…a panther…
Jason backed away. He opened his mouth to scream, but no sound came out.
Slowly the box on which Fred was sitting began to sink. And as the top of his swollen frog head disappeared beneath the ground, Jason could swear he saw a look of fear and panic in his poor pet’s eyes.

CHAPTER III

“No!”
   Jason’s desperate cry sliced through the morning air. The rising sun burned fiercely in his eyes. He raced into the field, stumbling blindly through the grass.
   He had only taken a few frantic steps when he slipped. He stretched out his arms, but it wasn’t enough. With a sudden whump, he fell face-first into the mud.
   Springing to his feet, he brushed off his face enough so that he could see. Then he ran to the hole Fred had sunk into.
   When he got there, he stopped short. It was much bigger—and deeper—than it had looked from a distance. A full-grown person could fit into the opening easily.
   He squatted by the edge and looked in. “Fred?” he called out.
   â€œFred…Fred…Fred…” was his answer—the echo of his own voice.
   Echo?
   Jason stared into the hole, which was the darkest black he’d ever seen, like the black in his dream. How could there have been an echo? Dirt and mud would absorb sound, not bounce it back.
   Unless there was something else down there besides dirt and mud.
   Thoughts jumbled through Jason’s mind. Should he call the police? No, they would just laugh. Should he get his parents? They would tell him to get another frog.
   That left only one choice, and Jason knew it was crazy.
   But crazy problems needed crazy solutions, so Jason decided to do it.
   He jumped.
   A piercing scream tore up from his lungs. He was falling…falling…picking up speed, as if he were in a race to the center of the earth. The darkness gulped him up, and he saw nothing below him.
   With a swish, there was suddenly something underneath him. Something like a slide in a playground. The cool, curved metal chute guided him on a sloping path downward.
   At the end of the slide there was a shaft of dim light. He tumbled end over end, finally dropping through a hole. With a painful thump, he landed on a hard, cold floor.
   As he stood up, his bare feet tingled with the cold. His breath came in small white puffs. A steady dripping noise echoed off the polished granite walls. The glowing metal chest was nowhere to be seen, and neither was Fred. Jason looked up to see the walls disappear high into the darkness.
   That was strange. The ceiling was pitch-black, but the room glowed with the same bizarre greenish color as the chest. The light seemed to be coming from within the walls themselves, if that was possible.
   He turned around and saw tunnels leading in different directions.
Fred must have gone into one of them, but, damn it, which one?
   Psssst!
   Jason’s heart skipped a beat. The sudden hissing sound made him leap with fright. He spun around.
   There was something in front of the tunnel to his far right. He squinted against the glare of the walls. It was long and low, and it pulsated with a low rumbling sound. A vehicle of some sort. A quick glance gave him the impression it was a compact tank, though one on smooth metal wheels rather than treads. Jason cautiously walked closer.
   Suddenly a wing door extended and slid open on the driver’s side. Jason froze.
   Out stepped a person—actually, humanoid was more like it. It wore a shining red and white body suit with a bubble helmet. And in its right hand, pointed straight at Jason, was a gleaming metal gun.

CHAPTER IV

Jason’s hands flew up over his head. “I-I come in peace!” he blurted.
   The figure came closer, keeping a tight grip on the gun. “Who are you, and what are you doing here?” said a voice from inside the helmet.
   It wasn’t the kind of alien voice Jason had expected. For one thing, it was definitely human. For another, it was definitely female.
   â€œM-my name is Jason F-Frudnick, ma’am.” Beneath his nervous jitters, Jason remembered how much he hated his last name. “This will sound weird, probably even freaky, but I came here to look for my, uh, pet frog. I kinda saw him sink into this hole, and—”
   â€œYou realize this is no place for humans.”
   Jason nodded vigorously. “Yes, yes, I agree. And I’ll be happy to leave as soon as I find Fred—”
   â€œFred?” The figure cocked its head to one side. “You do not mean…frog?”
   â€œFred is his name,” Jason said.
The figure let out a high-pitched sound that could only be a giggle. “You must forgive me. My ignorance is great, and my mastery of your language is never yet complete.”
   â€œIt’s all right. Really.”
   She lowered her weapon. With her other hand, she reached into the vehicle and pulled out a body suit identical to hers. “Here. Put this on. It will protect you from the cold and the radiation.”
   Shivering as he realized how cold he really was, Jason took the suit from her and began slipping it over his T-shirt and boxers. “Radiation?”
   â€œYes. How do you think these walls are illuminated?”
   Jason furrowed his brow. Giving the walls another once-over, he nodded.
   â€œQuickly, come into SOPHIA 3RD, my vehicle. You do not need your helmet inside.”
   â€œJust a second,” Jason said. “I’ve told you who I am. Who are you, if you don’t mind me asking? You look like CIA, FBI, or Military. Or something.”
   â€œMy name is Yvtrkizj,” she replied. “The closest equivalent name on this planet would be Eve.”
   â€œOn this planet?” Jason repeated. “Is this a joke?”
   â€œI have no reason to jest.” Already turning around, Eve motioned to him. “Quickly, there is no time for this small talk.”
   She jumped in. Jason pulled open the passenger door and hopped in next to her.
   Eve took off her helmet, revealing a cascade of long red hair and a slightly freckled face. She looked like a typical American teenager. While Jason was fifteen, she appeared no older than by two or so years.
   Jason’s head was brimming with questions. But before he could open his mouth, Eve looked at him sharply and said, “You must wear your shoulder harness.”
   Obediently, Jason reached for the strap. Below a distinguished plaque in front of him inscribed SOPHIA THE 3RD NORA MA-01, he saw high-tech control panel. There were about a dozen levers and buttons on it, each with its own label: MAIN GUN, HYPER, CRUSHER, KEY, HOMING MISSILE, THUNDER BREAK, MULTI-WARHEAD MISSILE, HOVER GAUGE, DIVE GAUGE, WALL I: CLIMBER, WALL II: CEILING TRANSPORT.
   â€œWhat are these things?” Jason asked. He indicated the panel.
   â€œThey are weapon controls,” Eve responded. “Can you not read the labels?”
   â€œOf course I—weapons? Hey, look, I’m just a normal kid from Long Island—”
   â€œPrepare for acceleration!”
   Eve thrust her gearshift downward and SOPHIA 3RD took off. Not gradually, like a care, but with the force of a rocket.
   â€œYiii—” Jason felt his cheeks pressing backward with G forces, baring his teeth. There was a sonic explosion as SOPHIA 3RD shot through the tunnel.

I need a picture to capture each key element in this storyline, however more details will come after I've accepted a graphic artist. There will be approximately 14 stills needed, potentially less.

If anyone is interested, or if you know someone who might be, let me know.

For you deviants out there, get your friends to join in D:

Thank you

Re: Looking for an artist; hand drawn and raster...
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 06:01:54 am »
That'd be right, I go and start learning how to draw anime and manga and not even a day later someone wants an artist already :P.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 07:32:06 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
lol well, I think I've decided to do some if not most of the art... I've already begun hand drawing sprites in this style:

http://www.itchstudios.com/psg/

more importantly-

http://www.itchstudios.com/psg/art_tut.htm

This guy is my hero D:
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 07:53:11 pm »
lol well, I think I've decided to do some if not most of the art... I've already begun hand drawing sprites in this style:

http://www.itchstudios.com/psg/

more importantly-

http://www.itchstudios.com/psg/art_tut.htm

This guy is my hero D:
yep D: been using that tut since loong ago, ;P good luck with your proyect.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.65 seconds with 46 queries.

anything