Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Valley of the Deluge  (Read 2185 times)

Zack-kun

The Legend of Zelda: Valley of the Deluge
« on: August 11, 2008, 12:31:19 am »
Project Deluge

Unless you've been living under a rock lately, you'd know of the rumored Project Deluge, AKA The Legend of Zelda: Valley of the Deluge (which is obviously fake). I've already began production on a 2D counterpart, be not enough for screenshots or a demo yet.

The game takes places in a chaotic and somewhat futuristic Hyrule, where a hero has not surfaced to take on Ganondorf, with a character who is not Link, but rather an insane boy who believes he's Link, and believes he's the Hero of Time. If you can recall the beginning of Wind Waker, during the prologue it was mentioned how no Hero of Time came to save the day, and Hyrule was flooded. The world that Project Deluge takes place in is the Hyrule three days before it was flooded. This is, in it's own way, a prequel to WW.

The protagonist (dubbed Kira) is the biggest change in the story. He's an "insane", black haired boy who's obsessed with Link, dresses like him, and even forged a sword and shield like Link's. He actually believes he is the Hero of Time. He has a "disturbing backstory", and he even speaks within in the game.

Hyrule will be advancing and expanding. The towns and villages will be growing to fit the new Hyrule. A railroad system will be included as well. And guns. No, not like machine guns or pistols, more like Deku Muskets firing gun powder filled Deku Nuts, or a crossbow that shoots arrows at a very fast rate.

However, everything I've said up to this point is just basic information that was included in the "interview". Here's where my ideas kick in.

I was considering two modes. Normal mode and Realistic mode. Normal mode would be the normal game. Everything happens after you do something. Like, you finish the fire temple and Hyrule is half flooded, whereas in Realistic mode, it'd be a beat-the-clock sort of thing, giving you 72 hours before Hyrule flooded. The basic idea would be if you don't complete the game within the time period, Hyrule will flood and it'll be game over. As the timer counted down, the water levels rose. Like, if you were in the Kokiri Forest at 72:00:00 it'd be normal, maybe raining, but came in at 58:00:00 It'd be half flooded, and at 24:00:00 it'd be sunk. Yet, the water levels would vary per location. And depending at the time you finished the game, you'd get a different ending, because as the water levels rise, people start dying, and deaths of characters could effect the ending. Characters would also say different things on different times. However, if you ran out of time, what would happen? Well, I have an idea for that problem that I think will work out quite nicely. However, even though with beat the clock there's a chance to save Hyrule from being flooded, it will still flood in the end, otherwise Wind Waker wouldn't exist.

After game completion the player gains a free-roam type mode where there's no main story and no timer, just side quests (the ones that weren't completed on the first run through, anyway). This will give the player the chance to explore the large, new world of Hyrule and discover goodies only found after the end of the game.

Whew. I'm beat.
And here's the interview I mentioned so much about.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 12:37:52 am by Zack-kun »

Mirby

Drifter
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Valley of the Deluge
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 12:36:55 am »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Like the name and good inspiration for the game.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 06:57:58 am »
  • Silly cat!
I'd imagine most of us have been living under rocks then >_>...

But, I've heard of it XD.

I wish you luck.

Hoffy.
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 07:05:28 am »
Hm, sounds good, but does it offer a reason to the magical shield that's over hyrule? mine does.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.

Kirbylore

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 03:18:29 am »
Wow, this actually sounds pretty good :D can't wait to play a demo/the finished thing

TwilightMystics

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2008, 09:18:58 pm »
Hey KirbyLore you here tooo :P....anyways this is a cool story....it perfectly fits between OoT and TP!
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2009, 02:28:25 pm »
Nice idea, but I have to put some question marks to how you go from the world you are creating to the world that is wind waker. Obviously you need a couple of mountains spread over the world that will later become Outset, Windfall, Dragonroost, Forest Haven and all the other islands. This will be difficult because you will need to create a very large world, which also seems logically coherent. My advice would be that, although the guy isn't the Hero of Time, he does go to dungeons to let parts of the land get raised in high spires (in the end or during the game), which become the great islands from Wind Waker.

With a clock in the game you need someone who can point you in the right direction, like Navi in OOT, Tatl in MM, King of Red Lions in WW and Midna in TP. But as he is not the real Hero he probably doesn't get a guide. But knowing from your story he is insane. Give him a split personality or voices in his head that nag him coincidentally to the right directions. Because it is frustrating to play for 72 hours and then only have done 1 or 2 dungeons because the hints sunk with the flood and you have to start over again. But then again it has been a long time since someone post here, that it is hard to see if the project is still active.

Hey KirbyLore you here tooo :P....anyways this is a cool story....it perfectly fits between OoT and TP!

You mean between OOT and WW.
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 02:36:23 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
I heard the interview. This sounds like it has a lot of potential, what style are you doing it in?
When you get to the point of writing dialogue, ill help if you need it.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.295 seconds with 54 queries.