Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zelda-Triforce Legends  (Read 2873 times)

Red-

Zelda-Triforce Legends
« on: June 25, 2006, 06:38:09 pm »
Okay,heres my idea.

I'm going to make a game that contains remakes of OoT,MM,OoA,OoS,and possibly TP.
Its going to start out in OoT,then it going to explain why link left to Termina,,then it goes into MM,and so on and so forth. ,and so on and so forth.

I know...this is going to take an incredibly long time.
And I know you all think I'm going to give up on it or its going to be crappy.

If I succeed,the file will be huge,BUT the game will be Increadable and provide 50+ hours of game play.

now,I need everyone's opinion on my idea.

Dark Xion

Re: Zelda-Triforce Legends
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 06:56:41 pm »
Well it is an interesting idea, however some of the Zelda games are connected by nothing other than the fact they are Zelda games, secondly, the loading time for something like this when it is finished, would just be ridiculous, however if you had it stretch across multiple executables and just link that would work, however you would have to recode the engine each time for each executable, of course you could also steal your own code to do so thus being that part wouldn't be vastly difficult. Needless to say this game would take a major amount of time devotion and effort. If you wouls really want to devote all that time and effort into it go ahead, although it would suck if you get half way finished and just can't take anymore lol. Furthermore, there would barely be anything making it any bit different than any other given remake other than various sequences between the games (as far as I can tell, correct me if I am wrong) but nonetheless it would be an interesting project to say the least. Anyways do what you waant, I am interested to see where this goes.

Red-

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 07:05:03 pm »
Thx for the multiple exe idea,though,I could just take the code from he first exe and put it on the next,and so on.
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 09:10:42 pm »
..............Yeah nice idea, its unrealisable though.

Nobody has EVER EVER completed even a half, quarter of a OoT remake. And the one that supposed to be in production doesnt reveal anything yet.

So doing all that in one game is simply impossible and too ambitious. I reccomend starting smaller.

gm112

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2006, 09:20:33 pm »
Just don't give up if your in production...most people are stupid(no offense) and realese info too early...

Red-

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2006, 09:22:22 pm »
well so far all I have is sprites for link,and Im editing them right now.
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2006, 09:27:26 pm »
  • Loopier than a bowl of Cheerios
Yeah I agree with kleaver, its a great idea but it'd take years and years to translate all those 3D games into 2D as well as port over the Oracle games to gamemaker or whatever you're using. I think you're being alittle unrealistic. Start small, thats all I'm saying.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 09:29:01 pm by Uppy »

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2006, 09:44:26 pm »
It's a good idea... However, it's very irrealisitc and with great chances of failure...
However, good luck with it :)
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2006, 09:52:06 pm »
  • Credits to BaB
You should talk to AoDC, and ask him about The Best Of Zelda.

Red-

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2006, 10:01:37 pm »
Why should i talk to AoDC?
Whats the best of zelda?
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2006, 10:03:09 pm »
  • Credits to BaB
Why should i talk to AoDC?
Whats the best of zelda?

Basically, it takes the best part of every 3d zelda game and mixes it in one 2d game. That was the main idea before, I don't know if he has changed his mind yet.
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2006, 10:22:08 pm »
  • =/
Its impossible unless you have a huge team and no life.
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2006, 10:17:04 am »
Hm, this is kinda my old idea brought back to life. Only I called it Ages of Link, and used custom sprites in the same style for every game, so it had continuity.

moree

Bizon-Ent.com
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2006, 11:04:22 am »
  • N/A
some people who game-make, realy don't have a life ( me for example)
but I would realy consider making a team!

any way.. Good luck :D

Red-

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2006, 03:26:39 am »
I plan on starting a team soon,but Im kinda busy at the moment.
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2006, 03:40:35 am »
Sorry but that is a really unrealistic  idea. For someone to transfer all of the 3D games into 2D and make them good. It will take years even with a team. Especially trying to connect them all is hard enough, plus the fact you only have two games that connect, OoT and MM. WW happens hundreds of years into the future with different characters so it can't really connect. We also don't even know WTF is going on with TP so thats basicaly out of the picture.

Red-

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2006, 03:59:36 am »
I not including WW,and technically OoT and the Oracles series do connect,if you've ever watched the cust scene at the beginning of the game.
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2006, 09:21:54 pm »
  • Loopier than a bowl of Cheerios
O.o The oracle games, barr some familiar faces do not seem to be remotely tied to OoT and MM, I don't remember any references to either of the N64 games......unless you connect the two so I suppose you are technically correct but still remaking them all will take forever, you'd be drawing a pension by the time its finished...which means those of us over 20 *looks in mirror, then glances at TRM* would be coffin stuffers....if you insist on trying this though I sincerly wish you the best!

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.245 seconds with 74 queries.

anything