Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will the Zelda Universe ever advance in Technology?  (Read 3009 times)

Dascu

Re: Will the Zelda Universe ever advance in Tech...
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2006, 09:58:41 am »
They've got Cannons. Guns is just a teeny step forward.
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2006, 06:13:29 am »
  • Shunner of Light
They've got Cannons. Guns is just a teeny step forward.

But who needs guns when they've got cannons?  :P

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2006, 04:03:42 am »
  • Things to see and people to do.
I'd like to see a few more futuristic things in the Zelda universe (futuristic as in...oh, 1820-ish stuff). For instance, in the bomb shop in MM, there's a lightbulb above the front desk. But if you ask me, TP really pushed the limits of technology with the Goron Mines and the cranes and stuff.

Just my 2 cents...
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Hear the haunting words (They'll find you alone)
lost children with no heart are crying (Turning their hearts into stone)
and you're the lost mother they're calling
Go now, run and hide (seek more than vengeance)
I hear them crying at night (your pain is their satisfaction)
outside when the planets are falling (for the rest of time)
They want to feel and know you hear them (Go now, run and hide)

• http://giantcock.netne.net/
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2006, 05:09:00 am »
  • hehe
hyrule never needed tech.
their comfortable with what they have and its too peacful to advance in weaponry
besides they have magic
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2006, 05:59:09 am »
  • Personal Text
Heres what I think.

I cannot picture link in a top-hat, or in baggy ganster clothes, but I can picture him in normal, clothes XD
ANYWAYS:
Playing twilight princess, I think that the pushed the technology TOO much, in different places.  Like, what you said Cronian, the Goron mines, where out of their league, but it wasn't impossible. Becuase of what, Zerolink said is true, its their own world/life.  Like our world, anything can happen.  they were smart enough to make Mine cars,  but not smart enough for trains. perhaps.
If you don't understand what I am saying, I'll explain myself:
Whenever there is a technolody pause in out world, where we need new technology to help us in out lives. Someone will always come, in the darkest hour and say "Here! I invented a machine to make your life easier!" Usually that person would have been doing that activity, and have been motivated to create that technology.  So the Gorons thought that carrying the rocks around soo much for the longest time, would take more time than... and thats where the idea of "Mine cars" came from for hyrule. 
Hyrule has been peacefull, and you rarely hear someone complaining that their life needs to be easier, thus no one will come and make their life easier AKA no technology advances.
IN OTHER WORDS, life needs to be rough at a time, for someone to come out and make new technology, and so far, life isn't that rough for the Hyrulians, and thus no technoligic advances in life.
SO BASICALLY, we have technology in out life, becuase people got lazy...

Thats the way I see why the technology hasn't changed in Hyrule ^_^
anyone understand what I am saying? :P
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2006, 08:02:22 am »
  • hehe
i understand because you parly copied what i said
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2006, 02:49:02 pm »
I kinda think Hyrule is meant as the perfect world...notice how no one really complains, and everyone does their work...gets along (except the whole Ganon trying to take over Hyrule and all...) and there's general peace...even with all the different races living there. It's kind of a metaphorical world...we rely on our technology to do everything for us so we have more time to complain about everything that doesn't go right in our lives...as if we don't have it all fine and dandy as it is. In Hyrule, they don't need technology...they have magic, and they have the will to do their own work. And they do that work together...and get along with each other, and so they're very peaceful because they're all working together on what we would set a machine to do while we argued with each other. So yeah...I think that if they did advance in technology, they would become less like Hyrule and more like America, and then Link would have his job cut out for him with all the side quests he would have to do to keep everyone happy.
Image Hosted at ImageHosting.us
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2006, 01:13:33 am »
  • hehe
hyrle is incredible peacefulit has had one war and being invaded by gannon numerous times
compae that to somewhere like the US
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2006, 05:26:22 am »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
there was a 3d fangame (on some other site that i will never be able to find again) that had link riding an airplane instead of a horse, or boat.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.608 seconds with 56 queries.

anything