Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ALTTP and MC Competition!  (Read 2201 times)

ALTTP and MC Competition!
« on: April 23, 2006, 07:08:17 pm »
  • Look its link with the Goron Mask xD
Personally I think that MC was slightly better than ALTTP, first because of graphics, second new items, also the fact that it acctually follows from OoT somewhat [exept for the fact that the legend in MC tells of a picori, but other then that it tells the legend of the hero of time in a way], and ALTTP didn't really follow from anything, also MC may not have as much dungeons as ALTTP but there more difficult. :)

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
Re: ALTTP and MC Competition!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 08:01:45 am »
  • .越//
thats no contest.... thats what you think about lttp and mc...

and

story:

Zelda didnt have a story for more parts first..... lttp is the first with a big story.... the 7 sages sealed ganon into the sacred realm ( in lttp named the golden land ) and after that a socerer tries to break that seal... the story of lttp follows the oot story, the fact that the hero of time isnt avaible is that oot comes after that, here are many characters and places which in oot get a name, like

- cucco lady = anyu
- a boy with a green hat in the forest ( the flute boy ) = a kokiri
- a man at the bar = a shiek
- the south-west part of kakarko village = lon lon ranch
- the daughters of the 7 sages = lol, could you think that some of them would ever get married?

mc follows after wind waker, in a generation after link and tetra/zelda searched and find new hyrule does it tell an adventure in the new land of hyrule where only is a triforce in link and zelda, what they dont know because ganon doesnt come and the parts not react, and the only power they have are the elements, which ( and the essences of ... too ) are always the power when link doesnt use the triforce to fight evil powers...

dungeons

the dungeons of mc are not very harder.... link just uses other kind of items... and he has other kind of enemys

world

lttp has two worlds, you can explore anything of it without following the storyline, you can have minigames and explore many secrets in the whole world

mc has one world, the levels of them are pretty small and you actually just can walk over "paths"... there just the half of dungeons that lttp has, and every one is themed after the element it has, there are not that much minigames as in lttp, the minish-coins make it look longer because the mini-missions they give... actually there are more "secrets" to explore

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

Pyro

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 03:04:05 pm »
thats no contest.... thats what you think about lttp and mc...

and

story:

Zelda didnt have a story for more parts first..... lttp is the first with a big story.... the 7 sages sealed ganon into the sacred realm ( in lttp named the golden land ) and after that a socerer tries to break that seal... the story of lttp follows the oot story, the fact that the hero of time isnt avaible is that oot comes after that, here are many characters and places which in oot get a name, like

- cucco lady = anyu
- a boy with a green hat in the forest ( the flute boy ) = a kokiri
- a man at the bar = a shiek
- the south-west part of kakarko village = lon lon ranch
- the daughters of the 7 sages = lol, could you think that some of them would ever get married?

mc follows after wind waker, in a generation after link and tetra/zelda searched and find new hyrule does it tell an adventure in the new land of hyrule where only is a triforce in link and zelda, what they dont know because ganon doesnt come and the parts not react, and the only power they have are the elements, which ( and the essences of ... too ) are always the power when link doesnt use the triforce to fight evil powers...

dungeons

the dungeons of mc are not very harder.... link just uses other kind of items... and he has other kind of enemys

world

lttp has two worlds, you can explore anything of it without following the storyline, you can have minigames and explore many secrets in the whole world

mc has one world, the levels of them are pretty small and you actually just can walk over "paths"... there just the half of dungeons that lttp has, and every one is themed after the element it has, there are not that much minigames as in lttp, the minish-coins make it look longer because the mini-missions they give... actually there are more "secrets" to explore

Exactly...xD And dude, I think..you are the worst forum member...no offence, im talkin about LiNk1090

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 04:08:32 pm »
Actually MC is the first adventure in the time-line ever, period. The ending says "That was the first adventure of Link." (just know the German saying so it may be wrong). And I think I read that somewhere too. I'd rather consider LttP which is after OoT to be a  sequel to WW, since it plays after OoT, which is before WW. It's probably like that. Don't judge by the art/graphics/style.
But you got a point about the rather easy level of MC and the shortness. They could have put more effort into this. Maybe. Depends on what target-group the game and the GBA is being thought of.

And Pyro. Don't frickin flame. Just because you don't like him doesn't mean you can call him the worst member of the forum. Pipe it down, goddamnit.
Edit: Oh, and moved, of course.
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 04:26:47 pm »
if you're gonna make a topic, may i request you make your post readable? <_<
anyways
LTTP owned MC story wise, but i think MC was just to set up for something bigger. AKA; phantom hourglass ;P
[...The mystery of wireless, revealed...]

[...Ninjas...]

aab

^ Evolved from a Hobbit
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 06:17:50 pm »
A thing in MC that bugged me was not being able to jump over bushes with the cape. I have a cape! I can jump 15 feet in the air; but see that two-foot bush? It has a magical pillar of collision stretching beyond the sky!
There werent very many items: From the inventorys size the moment you start, you can see that. The world was very tight and not too enjoyable to expore compared to lttp: You have strict directions to go in, and very limited access is granted from walking out one side of the town and entering back through the other. This slices down on my enjoyment - Instead of feeling like im playing this game, i feel like i'm a machine being instructed sometimes.
hmm...Trading seashells with a 100% success rate of getting a unique new model for your collection? - Not 100%. There was sooooooo much money in MC. I always had a full wallet throughougt the entire game. I was cringing in the dungeons every time i opened a 100 rupee chest, and watched the money get wasted.
The minish communities were nice...And i liked the atmosphere in some locations such as the ice dungeon and woods (though that sky area was cheap and uncredible as a dungeon to me). The four link puzzles were neat, and using the wind jar in various different ways was quite inspiring. Who'd have thought a jar could be so usefull?. Some things though....That Flip-Staff thingie....Flips things...wow...
MCs storyline: Some guy, trusted by everyone, even magical elzo,  in sight of power, snaps into evil and starts turning people into hats.

I ♥ Sol
.... I ♥ Sol ? wtf how long has that been there? >_> *rrrrrrrrar*
  • MySpace

Piers

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006, 06:44:33 pm »
Some guy, trusted by everyone, even magical elzo,  in sight of power, snaps into evil and starts turning people into hats.
LOL
I never thought of it like that. Anyway:

I personally disliked MC, it seemed to crunched together like: One second I'm in a forest: The next I'm ontop of a mountain, then in a flash you we're at ruins. It was like WTF how did I.... WHA? aab had the point with Rocs cape but you couldn't fly over bushes of jump over them in LA and OoS. A few other things is the bosses seemed like you've fought them all before and compared to Ganon, Vaati is easy. The kinstones we're a poor excuse for a real mini-game so was the digging.Weapons: A glove that lets you dig, a staff that flips things over, a lantern that lights things up,OMG you got a BOOK.  I mean come-on, even nintendo does better items then that. Dungeons we're horrible and way too easy for good zelda fans, and worst of all: A fake dungeon that bothered the !@#$% out of me.Recycled oot sound effects bothered me.

The recycling of characters just made it even more un-origanal, rolling was pointless and it fits almost no where in the Zelda time-line.

Bad things:
-Crappy, crunched together overworld
-all boses seemed to alike
-Vaati has the minish cap that could turn anything into anythign but still insist on fighting link fairly
-Items we're rediculus\
-recycling of 2 or 3 characters would have been fine but I don't remember seeing an origanal character in MC
- Ill thought out dungeons plus a fake dungeon
-Recycled oot sound effect and music

Good things:
-Birdys back
-Origanal storyline no matter how lame is was

In the end Minish Cap failed as a Zelda game. Capcom, that is the last time I play a zelda game from you.

aab

^ Evolved from a Hobbit
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2006, 04:09:55 pm »
I'd still play, just not expect to enjoy in quite the same way.

I actually though lttps Ganon was alot easier than Vati..But i went in first time with silver arrows, magic cape and a blue potion.
Ganons hard if you just try and fight him, but sit down and think about him (figth a few times etc) you can find a really easy solution to fighting him. Apart from Armos and Mothula hes the easiest boss in the game with the right method. I like that though. Some thought into defeating a boss. Using all your items in the most benificial way (Thats what an end boss should be like in zelda surely?).
Quote from:  Guest Edition of Piers
, rolling was pointless and it fits almost no where in the Zelda time-line.
How does rolling not fit into the timeline? lol (Just with that comma there, thats how i read it at first).
Rolling was of course just another component of hand-me-down from OOT.
I like Relations to other games. It combines the feeling of exploration with the feeling of belonging/already having some understanding ie 'Partial exploration' ( Used in OOT and Lttp within themselves with the world in two different times). However, this shouldnt be implemented on style from an external source. Each game should IMO have its own style to give it an identity at least, unless actually using the same media of course.

The constricted world void of environmental grade was the main thing for me though.

I ♥ Sol
.... I ♥ Sol ? wtf how long has that been there? >_> *rrrrrrrrar*
  • MySpace

bran371

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2006, 11:40:28 pm »
I actually liked MC better. It just felt more fun somehow. =P

I thought the story was pretty good, better than LTTP or OoT's anyway. The graphics were a lot better (LTTP was butt-ugly), the sounds were actually worse, the dungeon design was better. Seriously, look at that second dungeon. LOOK AT IT. That's the best dungeon any Zelda has ever had, PERIOD. Sure, the dungeons were easy and the ending had an absolutely redundant amount of Daknuts, but it was all pretty good. I really didn't like the missable mirror shield though, that pissed me off.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 56 queries.

anything