Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3D Editing Program.  (Read 1907 times)

3D Editing Program.
« on: April 29, 2007, 01:37:50 pm »
I'm downloading a trial for 3DS Max and I was wondering once the 30 trial runs out, if there was an alternative free program or more trial programs I could try out.
  • https://colbydude.com
Re: 3D Editing Program.
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2007, 01:45:00 pm »
Wings 3D and Blender are free Blenders probably better of the two, but harder to learn.
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2007, 01:46:31 pm »
Hmm I'm always up for a challenge, but can Blender or Wings open .3ds formats? That's all I need for them.
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2007, 01:47:57 pm »
Milkshape, simple but effective.
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2007, 01:49:47 pm »
Hmm I'm always up for a challenge, but can Blender or Wings open .3ds formats? That's all I need for them.
I cant remember :/ been ages since I used either... Dont have them on my laptop either
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2007, 02:16:03 pm »
I'll download them later to find out. Any others?
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2007, 02:29:49 pm »
3DS max is still the best choice, although I pirated it you can also do the same in your own risk.
  • Virtual Security
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2007, 02:47:20 pm »
3DS max is still the best choice, although I pirated it you can also do the same in your own risk.
lol there is no risk!
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2007, 03:14:32 pm »
In regulation with the rules of the forum, I have to say that downloading anything illegally is not advised or supported by this forum.  Please do not discuss illegalities anymore or warnings will be issued.
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2007, 04:51:01 pm »
lol there is no risk!
Your an idiot. Risk is not the same as immorality, your a programmer so how would you like it if someone pirated your work and lost you money?
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2007, 05:12:57 pm »
  • SHOOP DA WOOP
lol there is no risk!
Your an idiot. Risk is not the same as immorality, your a programmer so how would you like it if someone pirated your work and lost you money?
What are you yammering about? When did anybody mention risk being the same thing as immorality?
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2007, 05:33:19 pm »
lol there is no risk!
What are you yammering about? When did anybody mention risk being the same thing as immorality?
I'm yammering about the fact that although the risk level is small its still immoral to do it.
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2007, 06:29:55 pm »
  • IBV
If he didn't pirate it he would probably not buy it (since it's expensive for a 14 years old he can't afford it even though if he wanted to buy it) so there is not at all a loss of money, but simply a lack of potential profit :F (which there would be a lack of in either case).

Having that said I think you should use Blender anyway.
My signature is empty.
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2007, 09:02:22 pm »
I downloaded Blender and Milkshape and really like them both great suggestions, but I need to figure out how to use them well. I'm screwing around with Twilight Princess models on Milkshape to get used to it.
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2007, 10:13:04 pm »
lol there is no risk!
I'm yammering about the fact that although the risk level is small its still immoral to do it.
Well, I only added the word "risk" because IF you get caught by something weird or what else. It's not my problem (also because it's against the rules to talk about warez).
  • Virtual Security
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2007, 03:56:19 am »
  • Maybe I'll just sit here and bleed at you.

Yep, has import for 3ds.

I downloaded Blender and Milkshape and really like them both great suggestions, but I need to figure out how to use them well.

For Blender, don't be shy about going to their IRC room.  They're very used to novice users and they can be a really great help.  Also, in the folder you've installed blender to you'll find a file called BlenderQuickStart.pdf, which is generally a great reference sheet to print out and use at first.  Lastly, the first thing I learned when I got Blender was what the users in the IRC room generally referred to as the golden rule, left hand on keyboard (asdf keys and the surrounding) and right hand on mouse.  Once you get used to the simple functions of many of the keys in this area of the keyboard, manipulating objects through rotation, resizing, etc all become routine and incredibly second nature.  Blender's intimidating at first because it lacks a lot of the documentation and examples you see in most other programs, but there are tons of tutorials and resources available on the site (and shortcuts to them in the program's help menu itself), so after you get the hang of finding the right ones it'll become more intuitive for ya.
  • Chaos Colosseum
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.403 seconds with 69 queries.

anything