Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Old 3D Model Collection  (Read 1302 times)

My Old 3D Model Collection
« on: June 02, 2007, 01:42:57 pm »
Here are some models I made like a half year ago, I made them with 3DS max 8 and 9. The trail period is over so I can't make more yet.

Cupboard Version 1 (first model using 3DS, I used an tutorial, the others doesn't. non-AA'ed)

Apple Version 1 (first try on oval models)

Apple Version 2 (made more realistic)

Long Katana Version 1 (this one may look better than version 2 but less realistic)

Long Katana Version 2 (made more realistic and refined some spots)

T-Shirt Version 1 (it looks a bit weird, but yeah, first try on clothing/bodies)

Custom House Version 1 (a lot bigger, spend 8 - 9 hours on it. I was too lazy for the door and windows XD)

« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 01:47:08 pm by TheRealDragonboy »
  • Virtual Security
Re: My Old 3D Model Collection
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 01:47:01 pm »
  • :3
like i already said.... the model of the T-shirt is kinda weird and the katana doesn't look like a katana but it looks cool :P

so.... keep on
  • daniel-kun

kdb424

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 01:49:32 pm »
Looks awsome!
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 01:51:31 pm »
like i already said.... the model of the T-shirt is kinda weird and the katana doesn't look like a katana but it looks cool :P

so.... keep on
Yeah the T-shirt is, and the sword I made looks the most like a Long Katana so I named it (I wasn't even suppose to make a katana but a sword)
Looks awsome!
Thank you, I'm glad you like it.
  • Virtual Security

aab

^ Evolved from a Hobbit
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2007, 08:26:16 pm »
It'd be cool to see a wire of that house so i can tell where your at rather than make assumptions, but if i do make any assumptions with the next paragraph, just ignore them:

Something that DRASTICALLY improved my abilities in creating3d models, and will yours to, was to understand the composition of 3d models, and to know exactly how graphics cards rasterize 3d meshes, and about lightings and face normals and how normals are interpolated etc, and so how to minimize surfaces and make things look as good as actually physically possible with as little points (optimal form).

The way new people often make 3d models, is to work with boxes and spheres and stuff, join them, cut them, rotate them, move points out of them, morph their shapes.
This is ok for learning, but a waste of time if your brain already has the cognition required to understand space (most people dont have this skill to a good enough level naturally, and alot of tutorials go through things this way, eg the started 3ds max tutorials).

Essentially, many people work with primitives, and are primitive, or generally box modellers.
When you get to a certain stage, you're too limited with that...It makes too much nonsense, creates too many sides: Your starting with more than you need and cutting down, breaking away, reshaping existing shapes.
Its better to just create what you want straight away, in the first place.
But early on this is hard to do and understand.
Later it gets easier and becomes the easiest way.

Just starting off with a point.. a vertex. then placing another one, and drawing more on a plane which also contains that initial vertex, then imagining, constricting to and working on planes crossing through that one.. making more vertices, joining them, creating faces inbetween, choosing the directions of the normals and then having a perfect model than you can then texture.

You get to avoid all the annoying consequences of smoothings and tools like that.

Of course that might just be me and a couple of others who agree with me on random forums out there lol...

I ♥ Sol
.... I ♥ Sol ? wtf how long has that been there? >_> *rrrrrrrrar*
  • MySpace
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2007, 10:46:11 pm »
It'd be cool to see a wire of that house so i can tell where your at rather than make assumptions, but if i do make any assumptions with the next paragraph, just ignore them:

Something that DRASTICALLY improved my abilities in creating3d models, and will yours to, was to understand the composition of 3d models, and to know exactly how graphics cards rasterize 3d meshes, and about lightings and face normals and how normals are interpolated etc, and so how to minimize surfaces and make things look as good as actually physically possible with as little points (optimal form).

The way new people often make 3d models, is to work with boxes and spheres and stuff, join them, cut them, rotate them, move points out of them, morph their shapes.
This is ok for learning, but a waste of time if your brain already has the cognition required to understand space (most people dont have this skill to a good enough level naturally, and alot of tutorials go through things this way, eg the started 3ds max tutorials).

Essentially, many people work with primitives, and are primitive, or generally box modellers.
When you get to a certain stage, you're too limited with that...It makes too much nonsense, creates too many sides: Your starting with more than you need and cutting down, breaking away, reshaping existing shapes.
Its better to just create what you want straight away, in the first place.
But early on this is hard to do and understand.
Later it gets easier and becomes the easiest way.

Just starting off with a point.. a vertex. then placing another one, and drawing more on a plane which also contains that initial vertex, then imagining, constricting to and working on planes crossing through that one.. making more vertices, joining them, creating faces inbetween, choosing the directions of the normals and then having a perfect model than you can then texture.

You get to avoid all the annoying consequences of smoothings and tools like that.

Of course that might just be me and a couple of others who agree with me on random forums out there lol...
Thanks for your useful help, I'll try to follow it.
  • Virtual Security

speeuwiuner

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 02:22:41 pm »
Mmmm...
that t-shirt is not -my style-
but that apple is awsome!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.337 seconds with 53 queries.