Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who plays music here?  (Read 7365 times)

Re: Who plays music here?
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2007, 10:47:05 pm »
@Venus: Yes. To compose you either have to know the theory or have good hearing ability. The theory helps you so that you can express an emotion more clearly, but many people compose without realising the theory. But Beethoven, who was deaf, could only use the theory to compose, or the song wouldn't sound the way he wanted.
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2007, 06:20:55 am »
  • IBV
@Venus: Yes. To compose you either have to know the theory or have good hearing ability. The theory helps you so that you can express an emotion more clearly, but many people compose without realising the theory. But Beethoven, who was deaf, could only use the theory to compose, or the song wouldn't sound the way he wanted.

I think everyone has good hearing ability (unless they are, deaf of course). I think most people creating music know when something sounds like they want it to whether they care about any hearing ability or not ;)
My signature is empty.
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2007, 06:41:48 am »
One of my friends and her sister went on state music camp last holidays, and came back and said they had songs with 11/8 and 13/8 time signatures. what a pain to count!
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2007, 04:10:12 pm »
  • [sic]
Learning piano, only a couple days now.

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2007, 04:50:03 pm »
  • :3
OK, I've been teaching myself guitar now- as you already know. But what should I really start learning first? See I've realised nothing about my training is logical. Just playing tabs. Should I try to learn chords first?
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2007, 05:19:08 pm »
  • CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
I used to play the Piano, but I quit. I can't dedicate myself to anything. :P
I did it for almost five years, unfortunately I had a really shitty teacher over the first three. I would literally get bored to tears at her lessons.
Ugh... I should have been at a way higher level than I was when I quit, and I hated having my Saturday mornings sucked away for something I quickly got tired of. My sister took lessons with me too. That girl has taken up and put down almost every instrument there is. I don't even know how my parents could put up with all that !@#$%. Seriously, she has played the piano, clarinet, guitar, violin, piano again, and the flute. She put them all down. The only thing she ever stuck with was Soccer, but she was going to quit that after, like two weeks, but my Mom went off on her after she realized that her daughter had been saturating her in !@#$%. Now she's actually into it quite a bit.
Anyway, I love piano music, and I have the fingers of a pianist, but I just don't have that kind of mind. I have more the composer's mind. That's why I have a music program. Oh yeah.
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

It's Steve Irwin all over again.
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2007, 02:47:28 pm »
  • ざわ
Mmh.

I've been playing the keyboard for, uh, 8 years or something,
and a year ago (or something?) I started practising my singing skills. (imo your voice is an instrument aswell, you gotta learn the technique. It's not that much about talent at all)

... and since last Monday I'm trying to teach myself how to play guitar, but I have no discipline and it's very likely that I'll give up soon. Unless I find someone around my place who wants to teach me for free lol.
sup.
  • My Website [german]
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2007, 05:37:15 pm »
  • Issac_Amisov
I've been playing guitar for 7 Years.

Piano for 3 years. I taught myself on both.

My favourite stuff to play is my own band on guitar and 'To Zanarkand' on Piano.

OK, I've been teaching myself guitar now- as you already know. But what should I really start learning first? See I've realised nothing about my training is logical. Just playing tabs. Should I try to learn chords first?
I taught myself, Now I can play awesome. It's just time it takes. My suggestion is trying to learn techniques first. Then learning classic rock songs (even if you hate them like I do). Because lots of them show good theory. Then try writing your own stuff, and if it sucks learn to play some of the stuff from your favourite artist, then try writing some more stuff. Technique is the key though.
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2007, 09:38:23 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
I've been playing guitar for about a year and a half...I'm not that good but I'm learning.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.

Malon

ZFGC's Pariah.
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2007, 09:29:28 pm »
  • "Mmmm...CHECK PLEASE!"
I have been playing the keyboard for four years.
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2007, 10:12:36 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
I play bass and a little bit of guitar. i've only been playing a year and a few months, but im quite good.
i can also play the smallest bit possible on keyboard...

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2007, 01:54:08 pm »
  • *whistle*
Mmh.

and a year ago (or something?) I started practising my singing skills. (imo your voice is an instrument aswell, you gotta learn the technique. It's not that much about talent at all)

Only a year of singing? 'Cos you're frikkin' awesome. I've been working on my singing for about 10 months, but my singing teacher's been ill for a lot of that, so maybe not as much as I would've liked. Still a lotta progress, I've been told.

And I'd half agree with you that it's about practise, but some people are just talented enough to get away without it. Very, very few, though - I know maybe one or two and a lot who think they're good enough and really aren't. <__<
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2007, 02:20:03 pm »
  • :3
i play guitar and a little bass and I'm trying to sing over 24 hours now
  • daniel-kun
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2007, 11:26:45 am »
i play guitar and a little bass and I'm trying to sing over 24 hours now
What about Spannish Acoustic guitar and Spannish awful singing? XD
  • Virtual Security
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2007, 12:56:51 pm »
  • Master Of Disaster
Been intensively playing with acoustic guitar for... Not too long, a year maybe, I've learned to play pretty quick. Taught myself, but I've considered taking lessons so I can read notes better and learn the right/better techniques. Also, I might buy an electric guitar.

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2007, 11:55:58 pm »
  • ざわ
Mmh.

Only a year of singing? 'Cos you're frikkin' awesome. I've been working on my singing for about 10 months, but my singing teacher's been ill for a lot of that, so maybe not as much as I would've liked. Still a lotta progress, I've been told.

And I'd half agree with you that it's about practise, but some people are just talented enough to get away without it. Very, very few, though - I know maybe one or two and a lot who think they're good enough and really aren't. <__<

:O Thanks!
Yeah, it must have been something about a year now. I can't stand listening to old recordings of my singing, they really suck.
Well, I've never taken any classes, they're way to expensive, so I think my technique isn't a very good one, but hey. xD
sup.
  • My Website [german]

Bustertheheroic

« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2007, 03:32:46 am »
b-b-BASS!

Bludleef

Forum Dragon
« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2007, 07:01:23 pm »
  • Everybody's Gotta Eat.
I play Guitar, Piano, Organ, and the Vocal Chords  XD

SOME LINKS
 -> Bludsoft Productions
  • Bludsoft

luigi

MoFD
« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2007, 07:08:26 pm »
GUITARARARARARAR!!!
­200th post (09/20/07)
300th post (12/01/07)
400th post (2/11/08)
500th post (5/07/08)
600th post (7/21/08)

MK Wii: 2750 1625 1262
Brawl: 3523-1727-8440

Gamertag: cyborgwhale
  • Cyborg Whale's Twitter
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 1.085 seconds with 76 queries.