Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: You must be sick of hearing this, but...  (Read 1141 times)

fruitpastel

You must be sick of hearing this, but...
« on: October 23, 2007, 08:38:35 pm »
How do I extract models from ISOs? I've looked EVERYWHERE and can't find it. Does anyone have a link or have the instructions in a text file, which they could copy and paste into a post?

I'm not asking for an ISO, I've already got one.

Sorry if I'm asking this for the billionth time in you life.
Re: You must be sick of hearing this, but...
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 08:39:44 pm »
Well, wouldn't you need to extract the ISO with something like MagicISO? Which should then give you loads of folders...
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 08:44:57 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
WinRAR extracts ISO's I believe...also why not just Mount it in Daemon or similar and open it?

fruitpastel

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 09:12:12 pm »
Alright, I'm abandoning doing this for GameCube. Can anyone tell me the bits in between ripping a Wii ISO from a disc, and having models, textures, etc. in .3ds format? Can it be done with Wii ISOs ore does it have to be GameCube?

fruitpastel

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 03:40:50 pm »
BUMP
I really need to know if you can extract models from Wii ISOs, and if you can, how?
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 04:03:05 pm »
  • The devil in the mirror.
1.) It's quite illegal if I'm not mistaken.
2.) NO, I don't think they left .3ds files in their ISO's -_-
Working on my Masters Degree in Computer Science.
Hey look, Zelda Coop....later.
Proud user of C++ for 9 years, and counting!

fruitpastel

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 04:48:15 pm »
The illegality arises when you download an ISO froom the Internet without owning the game - I've got it, and I got the ISO by dumping the Wii disc itself - no downloading at all. So, if the files are already .3ds in the ISO, would I only need to unpack (or whatever you do with ISOs) the ISO, and then the model files would be in .3ds format anyway?
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2007, 05:55:39 pm »
Short Version: *Give Up*

Long Version:
Okay, there are a lot of problems with what you want to do.

1) So you have the iso, and that's great!

2) Dumping the files from the iso to your hard disk.
To my knowledge the ability to dump the internal files from a nintendo iso has *only just* been accomplished for the *gamecube* via a program called GCTool. So unless you're able to write your own extraction program, which would also involve cracking whatever file system nintendo has used, don't expect to find a program on the internet that can do it for you.

3) Okay, assuming that you now have the iso's files dumped to your hard disk, you actually have to locate the model files. This is harder than it sounds because naming conventions can be really crazy.

4) So you have the model file. Now what? I have no idea what format Nintendo uses for their models for Wii isos, but DO NOT expect them to be in 3ds format. Nintendo almost always exclusively uses their own model formats, and these will definitely not open in a conventional 3d modelling package like maya, blender or 3dsmax. Again, to my knowledge, a converter does not exist. The one for certain gamecube models doesn't even export bones or animations yet! So you'd then need to write your own model converter, which will probably require that you have knowledge of the format that they used in the first place.

5) Go to short answer

Basically, don't expect to find what you're looking for on the internet, so unless you are capable of writing your own programs to do the above things (you are MUCH smarter than me if you can), what you want to do is pretty much impossible.

Oh, and I'm not advocating this either, I'm just saying HOW it would be done. I'm not sure, but I think the latest laws on intellectual/virtual property copyrights say that this is illegal. (But I'm not a lawyer, I'm just a scientist, so what do I know lol?)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.639 seconds with 54 queries.

anything