Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Help.Gm7] Spriting organization  (Read 770 times)

cheetosaddict

[Help.Gm7] Spriting organization
« on: December 30, 2007, 08:45:09 am »
Hi everyone,
I have a rather stupid yet important problem T.T
Just to clarify, I'm creating this game in Game Maker 7, in case the topic title was missed.

I had merged my game with a Zelda sword engine, and thus had two folders (one named player, the other named zelda) under the 'sprites' section with two identical sets of Link standing, running, sword-swinging, and rock_pushing.
     In a foolish attempt to preserve the small file size, I decided to delete one of the folders, and now my Link object can still cut plants, BUT the standing sprite no longer changes into a sword-swinging one, and while the object_sword's mask is still detected, the actual sprite for Link's sword swing doesn't appear.
     I'm fairly certain that all of the original coding remains untouched, and that the sprites coded match the names of the sprites in the 'sprite' column. So, I'm rather confuzzled since from what I can see, everything is in place.
     If anyone has the answer to this problem, please enlighten me as otherwise I would resort to restarting my entire game, an action I would most grudgingly partake.  Thanks!
Re: [Help.Gm7] Spriting organization
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 03:35:13 pm »
  • 笑い男
the layout of sprites in gm7 doesnt make a difference, all that does are the actual resource names

say you use spr_link in your code, merge in another game like you said, delete duplicate sprites and then as long as you're left with a link sprite called spr_link, it'll work fine

however, with drag and drop this isnt the case and if you delete the sprites used in a drag and drop whatever, then you'll have to go back and change all the drag and drop bits, even if the names of the resources are the same (although its been quiiiiiiiite some time since i've last touched the drag and drop stuff lol)

i hope this helps you a bit anyway, as for your specific problem, i have no idea :P
but as long as the resource names are fine (duplicate names, even sprite and music names for example will also screw things up) then it should work as it should... and so in that case, there must be something else

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World

cheetosaddict

Re: [Help.Gm7] Spriting organization
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 05:40:22 pm »
I see.
I'll double check the sprite names again.
Thank you! ^.^
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 40 queries.

anything