Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Guitar Playing  (Read 2972 times)

Guitar Playing
« on: June 27, 2008, 08:10:05 am »
  • Drop down and give me 9000!
Hey guys, I had issues with playback latency, the best I could get was about 60ms. Then I downloaded asio4all, which at first I had no idea how to use and it screwed up my music software's playback and set it at a fixed rate of over 90ms  >:(. Then to my accidental discovery I figured out how to use this program...muchly impressed as I could get latency as low as 2.2ms with no loss or crackles in the sound (but I set it to 2.7 just to be safe).

Anyways I've had the demo of Native Instrument's Guitar Rig 3, a virtual guitar amp/cab sim and I was frustrated with the playback latency, whatever I played...the delay was sure to be far too noticable. But now it's in near perfect sync with my playing. I decided to you you guys some of the different tones and effects this wonderful software can bring. I might perhaps record a full song with this software, please enjoy my attempt at playing parts of songs which half you would know :P.

Here's what I played parts of:

- Song Of Storms
- Temple Of Time Improv
- Zelda Theme'ish
- The Raising Fighting Spirit (Naruto)
- FFVII Still More Fighting...2 bars? O.o
- Heart Of Darkness pre-solo (Arch Enemy)
- Divine Wings Of Tragedy (Symphony X)
- Guitar Improv 1
- Guitar Improv 2

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGr0f40FufU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGr0f40FufU</a>

The audio is slightly out of sync, the sound is good because I recorded this on the computer while I recorded on my camera, took @#$! ages to cut out the bits I needed and applying the recorded audio to the video, but I'm happy with the final process.
I like potato.
  • My Myspace
Re: Guitar Playing
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 12:15:09 pm »
Thank the !@#$% lord someone besides me likes Symphony X. It you want to listen to great prog rock, listen to Dream Theater, the technically, musically, melodically - everything-ly best band out right now. Their music is so beautiful, though try to avoid the vocalist's stuff - the pure music is best.

Your setup sounds really good. I didn't notice any crackles in sound or any static.

Great job with those little songs - I'd love to see more of the FFVII music if you can finish learning it.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 09:27:02 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Pretty sweet. Ever think about remixing over on OCR. I think you'd do a mighty fine job on some songs, especially Still More Fighting, if you learned the rest of it, and Temple of Time was pretty awesome.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 09:59:11 pm »
Nice playing dude. What's your guitar? It looks like an Epiphone SG or something like that. Anyway, that was fairly good, I hope you will post more videos later. :)
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 12:14:54 am »
Thank the !@#$% lord someone besides me likes Symphony X. It you want to listen to great prog rock, listen to Dream Theater, the technically, musically, melodically - everything-ly best band out right now. Their music is so beautiful, though try to avoid the vocalist's stuff - the pure music is best.

Your setup sounds really good. I didn't notice any crackles in sound or any static.

Great job with those little songs - I'd love to see more of the FFVII music if you can finish learning it.

I'm certainly well aware of Dream Theater my friend :), and Liquid Tension Experiment consisting of Petrucci, Portnoy, Rudess and some bassist guy, and of course Mr Petrucci's solo album, gotta love Glasgaw Kiss ^-^. When I get better I'll definitely be learning some of their songs. Also I feel learning FF music may help improve my guitar playing, I've learned the decisive battle at 50% speed, just gotta get faster at a steady pace.

I'm surprised that I could do so much with just a demo version of Guitar Rig 3, guitar goes straight into my audio interface then into guitar rig, it beats the sound quality of my amps any day.

Pretty sweet. Ever think about remixing over on OCR. I think you'd do a mighty fine job on some songs, especially Still More Fighting, if you learned the rest of it, and Temple of Time was pretty awesome.
Yes :), I've tried 2 remix attempts of like 30 second demos but didn't get much feedback, but I will definitely be submitting something there in the near future!

Nice playing dude. What's your guitar? It looks like an Epiphone SG or something like that. Anyway, that was fairly good, I hope you will post more videos later. :)
Thanks ;), it's actually a Viper-50 LTD, the cheaper models made by ESP Guitars.
I like potato.
  • My Myspace
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2008, 01:22:56 am »
it's actually a Viper-50 LTD, the cheaper models made by ESP Guitars
From what I heard here and there, this model is pretty good, since it's ESP. :)

Anyway, try doing Michael Romeo's Sea of Lies solo, it's hard but it's a good training; I'm working on it since... 3 weeks? Got close to the tapping part and some parts here and there. :)

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2008, 06:05:55 pm »
You and [spoiler=Sixto Sounds]Juan Pedrano[/spoiler] should team up and do some sort of guitar duet rockin' rearrangement of something. Maybe the Temple of Time?

• Mirby Studios
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2008, 12:43:56 am »
it's actually a Viper-50 LTD, the cheaper models made by ESP Guitars
From what I heard here and there, this model is pretty good, since it's ESP. :)

Anyway, try doing Michael Romeo's Sea of Lies solo, it's hard but it's a good training; I'm working on it since... 3 weeks? Got close to the tapping part and some parts here and there. :)
Thanks for that, lol I can't even play the riff to sea of lies at full speed, guess I've got a lot of practice to do ;).

You and [spoiler=Sixto Sounds]Juan Pedrano[/spoiler] should team up and do some sort of guitar duet rockin' rearrangement of something. Maybe the Temple of Time?
Sixto is in a league of his own, there's no way I could match up to talent such as his...yet, but I could always try by myself perhaps. If I ever become known better at OCR maybe that could be a possibility, I shall make a topic soon listing all the songs I want to learn/remix :).
I like potato.
  • My Myspace

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2008, 07:14:13 pm »
Well, Sixto could assist/help/etc. He's open for collaboration(says so in his profile and he has like 2 solo tracks). I think a Temple of Time remix would be sick, and you played it pretty damn good!

• Mirby Studios
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2008, 04:33:33 am »

Well when I do actually make a remix of some sort I'll post the rough version here and there to see what needs improving on, the guitarists on ocr seem to know a thing or two about mixing in general.

Anyways, I'm about to post a topic with all the tunes I want to remix and perhaps post rough mixes as I progress, stay tuned XD.
I like potato.
  • My Myspace
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.373 seconds with 58 queries.

anything