Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Demo] Puppet Flight!  (Read 2340 times)

[Demo] Puppet Flight!
« on: March 02, 2008, 12:10:50 am »
  • Lionfish App dev

It's finally ready for a test run! In this Demo; take Chirin, the brave puppet defender, out into the Puppet Training Grounds. Along the way you'll be learning from handy dialog boxes how to utilize and control every element of the game, from movement and shooting, to the HUD and targeting enemies. Quality settings can be chosen on the title screen by clicking one of the four Robot Flyers (a common grunt in the Robot forces). You will be prompted to install the free and awesome Unity Web Player if you don't already have it. Have fun!

http://www.wanilla.net/site/demos.php?game=2

We've spent the last 24 hours trying to wring every last bug out of this demo, and maximizing performance even on much older graphics cards, but we still may have missed something. Let us know if you find anything that shouldn't be!

While you're at it, feel free to Donate towards our Unity Pro fund, and please join the Forum too! And now, screenshots (click to see their massive full size):

« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 01:24:12 am by Moldorma »
  • Lionfish Apps
Re: [Demo] Puppet Flight!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 03:42:32 am »
Woah... I remember 2 months ago, I voted on a little logo involving this group.
Now look at it. O_o
I'll download ASAP. Long time no see by the way, bud. ^__^
EDIT: Omgee this isn't downloadable. xD
I'll play it then.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 03:45:42 am by Drew200 »
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 03:57:25 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
Heya Drew. Yeah, we've pushed outwards quite a bit since that little logo uprising. Now we have equal rights among employees! :D

Well, give it a play and tell me what you think!
  • Lionfish Apps

alirazaq

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 04:18:00 am »
You have to hold shift to speed up text, but in Windows if you hold down the shift key for 8 sec, it brings up a annoying popup talking about stick keys. So I suggest you change the key to enter.
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 05:21:05 am »
  • I need something new to put here...
The logo remings me of Mario. mostly Galaxy.

As for the game, wow, that's good fun. For some reason I can't speed up the text. :'( You might also want to make a special grab hook or something, like the hoo shot, to grab items or pull something, etc.
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 08:37:21 am »
I really need to talk to you about beta testing. What's the current demo version? I got no idea :D.
Also, game crashes at the end of the level and won't let me go fullscreen. got any ideas?
and does unity compress the sound or something, or is that just the webplayer? It doesn't sound the same as the file I sent you.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 08:40:23 am by Darklight »
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 08:43:01 am »
  • I need something new to put here...
Darklight, have you tried right-clicking and clicing on 'Go Fullscreen'? Worked for me.
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 10:21:40 am »
yes, I did. Doesn't work for me. I dunno wether it's because of my native resolution (1760x1080) or because I'm using firefox.
What ddid you use to play it?
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2008, 06:13:10 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
Ali, aren't Sticky Keys disableable? They're useless anyways unless you're a one-fingered person. The final version controls are customizable, so its really not a concern.

Sirk - What do you mean exactly by a "special grab hook"? What purpose would it serve in this game?

Luke - :P I wasn't version-numbering the demo, though I ought to start. Of course you can be a beta tester, seeing as you're in the company. The only reason we had to release this demo so fast was because we announced a release date. >.< I don't think that the player compresses sound, and it sounds fine to me. The only change I made is using code to fade sound in in the beginning, and slightly turn the volume down while the game is paused. Also, you should be able to get Fullscreen Mode fine. What do you mean by "won't let me go fullscreen"? Does it crash, does just nothing happen at all? (though I don't recommend fullscreen mode in the web player anyways, unless your monitor is perfectly 16x9 ratio.
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2008, 09:39:14 am »
Okay, I found out that the plugin for firefox is retarded. In IE, it let me go fullscreen and didn't freeze up at the end. Instead it did what it was supposed to and went back to the title.
In firefox, it wouldn't let me go fullscreen and would freeze at the end of the level. I'm not going to blame this on firefox. I blame it on the unity maker peoples for only a half working port of the plugin to firefox.

So in conclusion peoples, don't play 'em in firefox. Sometimes we just get unlucky.
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2008, 11:42:08 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
Okay, you can't really blame them for that. They wouldn't release a plugin that they thought half-worked. I play in Firefox (mac) all the time, so here's what we'll do. Give me your system specs (probably RAM, Video Card, OS, CPU should do), and I'll send them a report with the Bug Report app that comes with Unity.
  • Lionfish Apps
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.348 seconds with 60 queries.