Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A question about CDs  (Read 1143 times)

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
A question about CDs
« on: March 26, 2008, 10:35:41 am »
I have always wondered this so I'll ask it.

How do companies put prints on CDs?

I dunno if this is in the right section. Please move it to the right section :D
Thanks for answering if you do.
  • Phoenix Heart

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
Re: A question about CDs
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 03:10:10 pm »
with a printer.
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 05:49:37 pm »
  • Taste the soup of my brain!
Don't the CD publishers... make a label?  and then apply it to the CD?
She'll pull out your feathers for her brand new hat and when she's done that she'll feed you to her cat.
People you love will turn their backs on you.  You'll lose your hair, your teeth. Your knife will fall of its sheath, but you still don't like to leave until the end of the movie.
If I threw my guitar out the window, so far down, would I start to regret it?  Or would I smile and watch it slowly fall?

mit

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 10:05:25 pm »
  • QBASIC programmer since age 4. Take that, world.
You can buy various things to put your own logos on CDs if you want. Never really seen the point, but meh.
Programmer / Spriter / Level designer / Game Director / Web Designer / Music Sequencer for
Random Highscore table:

Play the Kousou Arcade today!
  • Kousou Games
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 12:56:14 am »
  • Minalien
The cheapest and easiest solution you could have is to get a DVD+-RW drive that supports LightScribe, and get some LightScribe DVD-Rs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightscribe
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 12:56:55 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
I was honestly just going to say that MiN. D:
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2008, 07:39:59 am »
  • Taste the soup of my brain!
LightScribe is a gip.  Yes, the labels will never wear or tear, but it's ridiculously expensive, you have to buy special "LightScribe" discs, and frankly, just getting a label kit is much cheaper in both the long run and the short run.  Not to mention that you can do color labels that way.

Of course, I suppose with the label kit you always stand the chance of applying the label to the wrong side...
She'll pull out your feathers for her brand new hat and when she's done that she'll feed you to her cat.
People you love will turn their backs on you.  You'll lose your hair, your teeth. Your knife will fall of its sheath, but you still don't like to leave until the end of the movie.
If I threw my guitar out the window, so far down, would I start to regret it?  Or would I smile and watch it slowly fall?
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008, 04:07:49 pm »
  • *whistle*
LightScribe is a gip.  Yes, the labels will never wear or tear, but it's ridiculously expensive, you have to buy special "LightScribe" discs, and frankly, just getting a label kit is much cheaper in both the long run and the short run.  Not to mention that you can do color labels that way.

Of course, I suppose with the label kit you always stand the chance of applying the label to the wrong side...

But if you get CDs with a white side and a printer that can print directly onto the CD, you'll never get it the wrong way around. :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.735 seconds with 53 queries.