Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: E3 was SO BAD, it made it into the NY Times.  (Read 1296 times)

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
E3 was SO BAD, it made it into the NY Times.
« on: July 16, 2008, 04:20:08 pm »
Re: E3 was SO BAD, it made it into the NY Times.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 04:21:15 pm »
I think Sony wasn't too bad, they just needed a more entertaining speaker.
  • Google Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 05:42:56 pm »
The E3 isn't over yet, maybe some new cool things will be revealed.
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 05:46:01 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!

Yeah! Maybe like a new Zelda or a new Mario game! Yeah!
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 01:02:09 am »

Well Miyamoto just said that there's a Zelda game being made for the Wii and the team is looking for new ideas. With that being said I don't see more information or screenshots/videos coming anytime soon. Because Miyamoto made it sound like they just started... >_< Arghh.... can't they understand that a Zelda junkie like me needs his shot?...  :-[
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 01:04:56 am »
Yeah, the New York Times knows how we feel about casual gamers! All right!

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 01:08:42 am »
  • Silly cat!

Well Miyamoto just said that there's a Zelda game being made for the Wii and the team is looking for new ideas. With that being said I don't see more information or screenshots/videos coming anytime soon. Because Miyamoto made it sound like they just started... >_< Arghh.... can't they understand that a Zelda junkie like me needs his shot?...  :-[
Hyrule_boy, if you've been paying any attention to Nintendo at all recently you'd know they've taken on this idea of not revealing a game until a few months before it's released. Animal Crossing is the prime example now, and then there was also Wii Fit and Mario & Sonic and Mario Kart Wii and Mario Sluggers and Wario Land: Shake It! and...

Nintendo are keeping tight-lipped. And rightfully so. When you look at the damage that was done to Twilight Princess from when it was announced to when it was released then you'd know it's definitely the right thing to do.

I still have faith Nintendo haven't completely abandoned the hardcore gamer, also this guy in the ad below me is staring at me and he's really quite creepy.

Hoffy.
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 01:11:36 am »
  • Drop down and give me 9000!
This doesn't surprise me, some people have announced games early on in the development and shared too much information, thus making fans excited and then "CANCELLED!? WTF" or "This game is only coming out on a next gen console D=?"
I like potato.
  • My Myspace
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2008, 02:39:53 am »
  • I have a post count! WTF I post?
I still have faith Nintendo haven't completely abandoned the hardcore gamer,
There just slowly letting go... I mean theres about two teams that love us still... Anyway thats not to shocking (topic) It was pretty... horrible...
[spoiler=Anime lol]Absolute favorites, FMA, Gurren Lagann(NEW MOVIE HELL YEA, Also I highly recommend this, i mean highly recommend).
Currently Watching, Code Geass, Soul Eater[/spoiler]
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2008, 11:03:54 am »

Hyrule_boy, if you've been paying any attention to Nintendo at all recently you'd know they've taken on this idea of not revealing a game until a few months before it's released. Animal Crossing is the prime example now, and then there was also Wii Fit and Mario & Sonic and Mario Kart Wii and Mario Sluggers and Wario Land: Shake It! and...

Nintendo are keeping tight-lipped. And rightfully so. When you look at the damage that was done to Twilight Princess from when it was announced to when it was released then you'd know it's definitely the right thing to do.

I still have faith Nintendo haven't completely abandoned the hardcore gamer, also this guy in the ad below me is staring at me and he's really quite creepy.

Yeah I've noticed that pattern, and I do not like it at all! And the reason why Twilight Princess was damaged is because they delayed it so much plus allot things in the old trailers did not make it in the final game.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2008, 11:43:34 am »
  • Silly cat!

Yeah I've noticed that pattern, and I do not like it at all! And the reason why Twilight Princess was damaged is because they delayed it so much plus allot things in the old trailers did not make it in the final game.
Exactly. I remember reading Eiji Aonuma wasn't even informed the first TP trailer was shown until after it happened. NoA put that trailer together, and they just got Shiggy to get up stage with his Master Sword without the director's consent. And then Nintendo decided to delay the game again and again, and fans became restless and by the end of it, the once great graphics were considered "dated". Before it was released, "dated".

There's a lot of benefits to not announcing the game early. I'm sure Nintendo have got a lot of things happening we don't know about, and Zelda and Pikmin, as well as Galaxy 2 and New Bros. 2 are examples of those.

Hoffy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.539 seconds with 60 queries.