Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fazo Duo (NEW SCREENSHOT!)  (Read 3169 times)

Fazo Duo (NEW SCREENSHOT!)
« on: May 19, 2006, 04:31:02 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
Backstory
Fazo is a game series in production by Moldrill (note that Fazo 1 is still in the works, but he has created the plot events all the way up to Fazo 7). As his brother I was eventually inspired to make a spinoff game. ;)

THE FAZO LEGACY:
???Fazo 1 chronicles the adventure a mining robot named Fazo who can change colors to defeat enemies and obstacles. Fazo needs to stop a ghost who is stealing resources from the Dulemere mines.

???Fazo is put out of work by a robot named Fazox, who is bigger, stronger, and more efficient; but is actually stealing Crystalite from the mines for his operator. Fazo invades Dulemere and puts a stop to that.

???Fazo gets an upgrade which lets him use a weapons system, and much more. He explores not only Dulemere, but multiple other mines in hopes of stopping an alien race called the Terites who are trying to survive by sealing off the mine tunnels for their nests. Fazo eradicates them.

???Fazox returns to Dulemere to a new labyrinth area of the mine to try and steal a cove of Crystalite inside. Smaller game, but in 3D.

The normal Fazo games continue from here with plot events such as Dulemere being destroyed, the entire mineing-based world crashing, etc... but using the theory of multiple universes I am able to put my spinoff in a more unchanging world! So begins Fazo Duo!

Story
Here begins Fazo Duo, the first Fazo Spinoff game.

It was a cold, dark morning. Ace hopped out of bed and threw on some fresh clothes. Glancing at the clock he noticed that it was 8:45. 15 minutes before a very important meeting that he was supposed to attend. He ran out the door and hopped on the shuttle train to his office at Dulemere Mines, five miles out of town. He arrived just in time for his meeting. At Dulemere Mines he had a pretty dull desk job, sorting papers and going over legal contracts for Mining Robot Usage. His boss asked him if he was familiar with the Fazo Unit, the most successful mining robot there was. Then his boss announced that he was to be Fazo's new operator. They ran Ace through some drills with Fazo in a demonstration mine and sent them off to the Dulemere mines to complete their first mission. In other placed, there was a program installed in many robots to create a limited "Duo" of the robot so that they could be slightly closer in productivity to the Fazo unit, but this program had an unforseen error, which after a while caused the Duo to abandon the original and cause chaos and destruction. Now, with Duos running rampant, will the new team of Ace and Fazo be able to save the world from being destroyed by itself?

Gameplay
The gameplay is all sidescrolling. You play as either Ace in the overworld or as Fazo inside the mining world. You are in the overworld by default, but you can send Fazo into the mining world by pressing the button over a shaft. Fazo can use color changing, his normal shot weapon, or secondary weapons sent to him by Ace. Ace can attack with a handgun.

Demos
Demo 1 - Play Online Now! - I know walking demos are boring, but don't complain. This took me longer that any other walking engine ever, because of the complicated animation and how he runs a little after you let go of the key. And although I didn't intentionally program it in, it seems that double-tapping the left or right key makes you run faster. Find any bugs and report them to me stat.

Screenshots

I just started drawing up Ace's neighborhood.

Feedback
So... Post your feedback below! n_n
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 02:46:30 pm by Moldorma »
  • Lionfish Apps

OcarinaBoy

Re: Fazo Duo
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 05:57:40 pm »
I can't download, the url links to a site with a stupid flash guy :o btw. can i see some screenshots?
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 06:33:55 pm »
  • Taste the soup of my brain!
That IS the demo.
She'll pull out your feathers for her brand new hat and when she's done that she'll feed you to her cat.
People you love will turn their backs on you.  You'll lose your hair, your teeth. Your knife will fall of its sheath, but you still don't like to leave until the end of the movie.
If I threw my guitar out the window, so far down, would I start to regret it?  Or would I smile and watch it slowly fall?
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2006, 06:37:42 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
Yeah. It's a game made in Flash. That "Stupid Flash Guy" is Ace. Thanks for making me feel like crap. :P
  • Lionfish Apps
Re: Fazo Duo (NEW SCREENSHOT!)
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2006, 03:05:03 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
I added a new screenshot for you fools. And I'm also working on a system that scrolls the screen when you get near the edge, but the double-dashing is messing it up. I'll see what I can do. ;)
  • Lionfish Apps

Yagibabla

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2006, 03:09:05 pm »
Very nice graphics, except for the fact that Ace leans down when he's walking(unless it's running, in which you should make him move faster..since most people lean when they run..or at least to my knowledge)..It ran very smooth even though it was a walking demo ;)
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2006, 03:13:16 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
Thanks. Yeah, it's supposed to be running. Should I make it a bit faster?
  • Lionfish Apps

aab

^ Evolved from a Hobbit
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2006, 02:04:12 am »
Looks very nice!
That walking test gave me an idea for an application for this.
I just though, it'd be neat if it were my homepage, and he had a single action, and every day the action changed to one out of a random list of actions, so i'd on opening my browser, press space to see what he does today. :)

I ♥ Sol
.... I ♥ Sol ? wtf how long has that been there? >_> *rrrrrrrrar*
  • MySpace
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 09:57:23 am »
Though, holding two keys down (l & r) causes him to waljk on the spot. Not major, but thougt you should know. Finish the nighbourhood! XD
the a o d c
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2006, 07:15:40 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
I knew that too. I'll find some way to fix it. In fact, I just thought of a way. Good for meh.
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2006, 11:01:10 pm »
Woo n yay. A spinoff me very own series. I feel flatter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 56 queries.

anything