Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anime may very well become a reality.  (Read 1405 times)

Anime may very well become a reality.
« on: July 25, 2008, 08:34:58 am »
I'm surprised no one posted about this before.

http://gunota.info/index.php/2008/04/05/plans-to-build-a-real-life-60-foot-tall-gundam/

There are a couple of other sites that have more updated information.  Just google it.

Anyways, it seems GUNDAMs may actually become a reality.  Obviously at the moment, the cost is well...
Only Bill Gates could afford it..Wait maybe he will become Logos...or the Earth Alliance Federation!?

J/k

Anyways, I thought this was pretty neat.  Japan does lead the way in robotics, so this doesn't really come as a surprise to me ^^.

I just wish I was a billionaire.
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: Anime may very well become a reality.
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 08:43:18 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I don't trust this source :p

Also do you realize how much ENERGY it would take to lift up just a single leg, let alone the whole body weight of something that massive? 60 ft tall robots aren't gunna happen.

10 ft xenosuits maybe in the not so distant future, but this... nope.
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 08:45:11 am »

Also do you realize how much ENERGY it would take to lift up just a single leg, let alone the whole body weight of something that massive? 60 ft tall robots aren't gunna happen.

As I said, there are MULTIPLE sources.  Otaku included.  How can you say this may not be the future?
The thing I see different than the GUNDAM series itself(other than Wing) is that they will probably be all computer controlled.
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Ryan

The only Canadian?
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 08:46:51 am »
Even if it's fake it sounds really cool.
It'd be awesome to see a life sized Gundam walking around.
:P
  • Likes to Ramble

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 08:47:29 am »
  • Silly cat!
The topic title misled me. I started thinking about technology that would somehow make it so real life looked like anime, or something bizarre.

I don't know.

Hoffy.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 08:55:22 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

As I said, there are MULTIPLE sources.  Otaku included.  How can you say this may not be the future?
The thing I see different than the GUNDAM series itself(other than Wing) is that they will probably be all computer controlled.

Unless they plan on building portable nuclear reactors on them, you will not be able to power something that massive :p It isn't going to happen... It's a weight vs output power issue. It's not realistic
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 09:16:42 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
It says he made plans for a 60-foot robot, but he's going to attempt to make one that's only 13'.  I could see that being accomplished.  O;
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2008, 06:18:06 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
*sigh* Is Tony Stark working on this as well?

Watch, you'll see on the news one day "America gets attacked by Gundams."

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2008, 06:21:38 pm »
Well, hydraulics make it so things that seem heavy can be lifted easier, but yeah, realizing the capabilities of a Gundam are different.  It seems like the guy just wants to make it so it works to get kids happy about robotics and more power to him if that is his goal.
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2008, 08:52:32 pm »
*sigh* Is Tony Stark working on this as well?

Watch, you'll see on the news one day "America gets attacked by Gundams."

"America laughs as they watch the gundams trip over small objects, while the air force send planes to bomb the robots to !@#$%"

Is probably how that headline would go.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2008, 08:55:02 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Maybe that won't be the exact headline... But this would be crazy! Some people have made working scale Gundams before (I think the largest I heard was 1/3 size, although there was another one that was like 6 feet tall)

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2008, 05:04:48 am »
You all laugh but know this:

Since the end of the 70s, the GUNDAM series have used the crazy idea of nuclear thermal engines/rockets.

Guess what, as of Febuaury of this year, guess who has just started heavy research on nuclear thermal rockets?

MUTHA !@#$% NASA.

Tell me that !@#$% isn't a coincidence(meh, it probably is >.>)

Then, 3 months later, Japan has plans to build a GUNDAM.
Do you guys understand how heavy the influence of GUNDAM is in Japan?

There Trains have GUNDAM heads for the front cart.  They play the theme music from GUNDAM at well populated points in Japan.  They have honored GUNDAM with their own stamps, which is a huge deal for Japan.

I'm tellin ya.  It may take 100 years, but those smart fuckers will make a real working GUNDAM.

Oh, and about "lol air force will blow it up!"  would you honestly shoot bombs at something powered by nuclear thermal energy?  I didn't think so -.- lol
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2008, 05:31:42 am »

Since the end of the 70s, the GUNDAM series have used the crazy idea of nuclear thermal engines/rockets.

Guess what, as of Febuaury of this year, guess who has just started heavy research on nuclear thermal rockets?

MUTHA !@#$% NASA.

There Trains have GUNDAM heads for the front cart.  They play the theme music from GUNDAM at well populated points in Japan.  They have honored GUNDAM with their own stamps, which is a huge deal for Japan.

I'm tellin ya.  It may take 100 years, but those smart fuckers will make a real working GUNDAM.

Oh, and about "lol air force will blow it up!"  would you honestly shoot bombs at something powered by nuclear thermal energy?  I didn't think so -.- lol

Considering how much it would cost to build one and how impractical they would be to use on the battlefield I doubt they'd send them into battle to begin with. -.- lol

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2008, 05:39:37 am »
well I remember that a guy made a mecha and sold it by ebay <.< I would love to ha ve a gundam, but I am sure people will realize that they aren't that important, if you went into a war against other gundams you justt have to destroy the legs..
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2008, 06:41:53 am »

MUTHA !@#$% NASA.

Considering how much it would cost to build one and how impractical they would be to use on the battlefield I doubt they'd send them into battle to begin with. -.- lol

Why does everyone say "impractical"?  We have no idea how warfare will be in 20 years much less 100.
Just look at our technology boom in the last century.  You guys need to open your minds just a tad.
I'm not addressing this out of fanboyism.  You say money is a problem?  Well !@#$%, have you guys heard about them building a huge starship seen in sci-fi movies and of the possibility of taking it to Mars?  That just recently came out.  A ship of that magnitude would reach the trillions of dollars.

Hey, if we are willing to waste a over a dozen billion dollars per each stealth bomber we have, why not make a GUNDAM instead? ^^
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2008, 04:36:12 pm »
  • CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
I think if they make it, it won't be to send them into battle, but to say "Hey, check out our $700 million toys, they can eat tanks for breakfast", or something like that.
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

It's Steve Irwin all over again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 66 queries.