Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Completed] Doodle Warrior  (Read 3720 times)

[Completed] Doodle Warrior
« on: November 25, 2009, 12:03:06 am »
Here is my latest game.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/517494
Its called doodle warrior and was inspired by Zelda. Although the story is very original and I think worth a play. The game was completely developed by me, but all music, sounds and sound effects were created by a man named Nathan Pinard.

*Author Comments*
This was originally a project I started a couple of years back and never completed. The game was definitely inspired (artistically) by the Legend Of Zelda series. What I wanted to do here is create an adventure game from a side scroller/platform view, and I think I did a very good job. The game has its flaws but I think that is due to the flash player you are using or maybe even the computer. I have had reports of errors with collisions, but I have never encountered any myself and promise you that I have played this game more times then I can count. (testing) So if you encounter any problems you may need to download the newest version of flash player. Everyone please vote fairly and leave some constructive criticism. None of that "this game sucks omg 0000!!!" Please recommend for the adventure collection. This game also has an interesting learning curve worth taking a look at.

Bring legends to life as you battle your way to the secrets of the ancient artifacts!
There are two dungeons, three bosses and countless puzzles in this game. Also some very interesting enemies. If your not an adventure game fan this may not be for you. But its definitely worth the play and your vote.

Instructions

Left/Right = Walk
Up = Climb/Enter Doorway
Down = Climb/Block
A = Jump
S = Attack
D = Talk/Read
F = Use Equipped Item
Space = Inventory

• The Untold Legacy

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: [Completed] Doodle Warrior
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 12:06:14 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Here is my latest game.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/517494
Its called doodle warrior and was inspired by Zelda. Although the story is very original and I think worth a play. The game was completely developed by me, but all music, sounds and sound effects were created by a man named Nathan Pinard.

*Author Comments*
This was originally a project I started a couple of years back and never completed. The game was definitely inspired (artistically) by the Legend Of Zelda series. What I wanted to do here is create an adventure game from a side scroller/platform view, and I think I did a very good job. The game has its flaws but I think that is due to the flash player you are using or maybe even the computer. I have had reports of errors with collisions, but I have never encountered any myself and promise you that I have played this game more times then I can count. (testing) So if you encounter any problems you may need to download the newest version of flash player. Everyone please vote fairly and leave some constructive criticism. None of that "this game sucks omg 0000!!!" Please recommend for the adventure collection. This game also has an interesting learning curve worth taking a look at.

Bring legends to life as you battle your way to the secrets of the ancient artifacts!
There are two dungeons, three bosses and countless puzzles in this game. Also some very interesting enemies. If your not an adventure game fan this may not be for you. But its definitely worth the play and your vote.

Instructions

Left/Right = Walk
Up = Climb/Enter Doorway
Down = Climb/Block
A = Jump
S = Attack
D = Talk/Read
F = Use Equipped Item
Space = Inventory

Nice game, but I already broke it :(

I jumped off the ladder only to find myself falling into the blackness *cries*
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 03:14:53 pm »
Yes many have experienced that and I dont know how to fix it without having to create a new engine. I have never experienced the glitch though so im not sure what is causing it. It may be because we have different versions of flash player.

• The Untold Legacy

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 02:12:21 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I dunno; but it's pretty fun to play with :P... Pretty much any ladder has similar results, however it's the indoor ones that cause it to push you out of the room.

Basically you just climb a ladder and press jump a few times, you'll get the same result

Ethelon

Awesome Resized Avys
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 02:36:37 am »
It was fun to play with but yeah, i got that error thing too. I also noticed you used a couple zelda sounds.

Xfixium: "Leader"/Lead Programmer/Lead Spriter,  Cypras: Programmer, Ethelon: Tiler/Spriter, Darklink45: Spriter, Noseblunt3: Spriter,
SinkinDevil: Spriter, Dotyue: Spriter, Tompel: Tiler/Spriter, 
Mamoruanime: Tiler, DJvenom: Spriter
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 03:33:05 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
*starts up game*

*notices guy with nose thing... laughs a little at WW ref and moves on*

*enters the tree*

*jumps off in to the blackness because everybody's doing it*

*slashes sword repeatedly while falling and laughing hysterically*

"Oh aaa! Oh aaa! Oh aaa oh aaa!"

*... sword noise*

... and done.  XD
  • My Music
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 04:07:59 pm »
Yea lol, not the best.

• The Untold Legacy

kgp4death

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2009, 05:44:38 pm »
I like it.....I think it looks great and a obviously it is a well thought out and well put together game.......you obviously need to do a little debugging via "print main character position" when jumping on ladder but it really shouldn't be hard to figure out with enough print debug logs.....I would play it (how long is it) i am hesitant to play through a game without any save because I do not have enough time on my hands to usually to play through an entire game....it would also be nice if when selecting a command it only looks at letter you actually have in your inventory.

great job keep up the good work and hope you find the time to do some debugging....really print to log file of your character position should help you figure out you ladder bug (I think you may be adding y increment of jump and y increment of ladder and falling of the top of the scene (ie +20 to y position of player when going up ladder and +20 to y position of player when jumping = a total of +40 which makes you fall off top part of scene)....
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.249 seconds with 54 queries.