Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Introducing Sony Wii---wait wat  (Read 3496 times)

Re: Introducing Sony Wii---wait wat
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2010, 02:14:38 pm »
Well, PC has had motion sensing stuff for ages... it's just PC users/developers weren't stupid enough to actually try and use it for anything, it stayed at proof-of-concept. If I was trying to navigate ZFGC with a PeeCee-mote right now:

...would be an appropriate expression.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.

Antidote

>.>
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2010, 05:06:08 pm »
  • In all seriousness who's serious?
lulz, actually if it was as picky as the wii remote is at times, we would be in deep !@#$%, just imagine this scenario:

*navigating screen*
*Goes a little to far to the left"
*cursor disappears*
*spends five minutes trying to get it back*

:<

and *this* is from an avid supporter of the wii.
  • Axiomatic Data Laboratories

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2010, 05:10:46 pm »
  • b e p i s
Motion sensing controllers are like flying cars: a great idea. But like flying cars, this is not something the industry should do until the technology is PERFECT.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2010, 09:31:27 am »
Actually, PC gamers have been using motion capture devices far longer than console gamers did. The PC mouse is in essence a motion sensing device, as you need to move it in order to interact with the PC. And then there are a shitload more of motion sensing devices that have been in use way longer than the wiimote exists.

What do you think motion capture studios use to animate 3D characters. And these can come in the form of body attached sensors and/or camera's. Even when you are videoconferencing with someone through a webcam, you are using motionsensing technology. The webcam always has his focus on you and tries to keep you in the center of the image. And people move around a lot. Then there is the airmouse. A handheld mouse that does not require a surface beneath. It is used a lot for presentations. And I could give a long list of more devices used with the PC.

Also with consoles the Wiimote was not nearly the first motion sensing devices. A long line of lightguns and dance mats had been the first very crude motion sensing devices. But to give better examples. During the NES era, Nintendo released a Power Glove. You could use it to control some games. Not really an desirable extension.

But the motion sensing stuff really got off the floor, with Sony's Eye Toy. I never really heard anyone complain about that and it actually was the first real motion sensing device for the consoles where specific games where created for. I have even seen projects (and commercial games) that copied Sony's Eye Toy and made the same games for the PC/Mac with a webcam. Microsoft's Project Natal is actually a improved version of the Eye Toy.

Thus saying that the PC does not use motion sensing technology is complete BS, because it was only a matter of time before the consoles would use it to. And thus the technology became available for the average income consumer.

Motion sensing controllers are like flying cars: a great idea. But like flying cars, this is not something the industry should do until the technology is PERFECT.
Unfortunately, that is not how the world works. If it did, we would still be caveman waiting for the fire/wheel/club to be invented. Technology improves constantly, like it is a living thing. People need to use it and give feedback to the producers. Also when people use it they can use the flaws as an inspiration to invent new products.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2010, 09:35:13 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
As implied between SC and myself-

This only works if you plan on transforming into Sailor Moon.

I really don't want to see a day that I have to actually play basketball to play basketball on a console.

Antidote

>.>
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2010, 01:32:10 am »
  • In all seriousness who's serious?

I really don't want to see a day that I have to actually play basketball to play basketball on a console.

lol Sailor Moon... Yeah... *flees*
  • Axiomatic Data Laboratories
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2010, 01:36:40 am »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything

YO DAWG, WE HEARD YOU LIKE MOTION SENSING SO WE PUT MOTION IN YOUR MOTION SO YOU CAN MOVE WHILE YOU MOVE!

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2010, 08:36:13 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
...the one on the right looks like a somewhat interesting sex toy more than a controller.

I have nothing further to add on this subject.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.304 seconds with 54 queries.

anything