Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone ever experienced an AARGH Boss.  (Read 4604 times)

Re: Anyone ever experienced an AARGH Boss.
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2010, 01:23:20 pm »
Ah megaman games. They are !@#$% difficult to begin with. At least the platformers. The action-RPGs Battle Network series were doable and a lot easier. My problem is that the stages themselves rape you so hard that it does not matter if the bosses are easy or difficult. You're screwed anyway. Unless you play hundreds of hours memorizing every bit of the game and keep in momentum.
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2010, 01:46:39 pm »
Strangely enough, I didn't have either of those problems. I thought that ZX and Advent were much easier compared to the original Zero games and I even played them both in Japanese. The Battle Network games were just downright fun. Never had too much difficulty with them though.

I remembered a boss that I still have yet to beat though. Terra (aka Lingering Sentiment) from Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix+. I'm sure if I got to level 100 though it would be a bit easier, I just haven't.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 01:48:33 pm by Colbydude »
  • https://colbydude.com
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2010, 10:40:43 pm »
Recently the bigger enemy/boss sequences in Batman Arkham Asylum have started to !@#$% me off. :-\
I just suck at controlling that game on PC. It's so obviously built for consoles and simply ported.
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2010, 09:22:03 am »
  • 笑い男
Strangely enough, I didn't have either of those problems. I thought that ZX and Advent were much easier compared to the original Zero games and I even played them both in Japanese. The Battle Network games were just downright fun. Never had too much difficulty with them though.

I remembered a boss that I still have yet to beat though. Terra (aka Lingering Sentiment) from Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix+. I'm sure if I got to level 100 though it would be a bit easier, I just haven't.

I don't think the language of the game determines how hard the boss fight will be lol. But sadly only ever rock/mega man games I've really played :(
Enjoyed them though! :D
The.. omega, was it? (boss that's basically the exact same as yourself) boss was really fun though lol.
You often find bosses that are just huge giants with lots of power, but finding ones that are the opposite of that and small and nimble like you are is something I quite like :D

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2010, 03:34:52 pm »
I don't think the language of the game determines how hard the boss fight will be lol. But sadly only ever rock/mega man games I've really played :(

Oh no I didn't mean it like that. I mean that it was a bit more difficult to progress through the games since I'm not the greatest at Japanese. I can at least fully read katakana and hiragana though, I get lost in kanji.

Also I highly agree, mirror image bosses are usually really fun to play.
  • https://colbydude.com
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2010, 07:01:35 pm »
Just played the second dungeon boss of Oracle of Ages. It's a four-faced thing that I had to throw bombs in while the red face was facing the screen. This was very hard. If I threw a bomb in during another face, I was punished by a unique attack by the boss. More time consuming than hard, though.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2010, 07:05:45 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Just played the second dungeon boss of Oracle of Ages. It's a four-faced thing that I had to throw bombs in while the red face was facing the screen. This was very hard. If I threw a bomb in during another face, I was punished by a unique attack by the boss. More time consuming than hard, though.

Yeah, I remember that boss too. It was mainly a pain because of the timing with the bomb-throwing, I find.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2010, 08:10:50 pm »
With that boss I didn't had much trouble in the timing. Maladus from ST, however is another story. Hardly lost any life points with that guy and life points lost are easy recovered. The timing on hitting those fireballs was a pain. There is always one of the last ones that got through and I could start over again. The spirit pipes song that you need to play is the hardest song. All the previous songs in the game I did without any problems, but this one was long and needed a real precise timing. The fight took me hours to win but the only problem I had with this fight was the battery ran out and I had to connect the DS to a power outlet. Not really a frustrating fight, but tiring nonetheless.

tealshirt62

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2010, 08:29:06 pm »
helmosaur took me a couple hours to beat, which is funny because I beat all the other bosses on first try
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2010, 10:34:07 pm »

me too, Advent was waay too easy, mostly the final boss, you just had to use the first armor charge and lock him, I didn't knew this when I first beated him, and it took me time  but not to consider it impossible, ZX  I don't remember but I did beated it easily, but yeah the original zero games oh wow, wtf.. beating the last boss(not sure what Zero game) I had to use savestates D:, I only had one health bard and no lives, and getting there took me alot of time D:.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2010, 01:11:08 am »
  • www.mouffers.com
helmosaur took me a couple hours to beat, which is funny because I beat all the other bosses on first try

Helmosaur ALSO took me a while back in the day. It really was a huge pain in the butt.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2010, 04:57:18 pm »
  • 笑い男

Oh no I didn't mean it like that. I mean that it was a bit more difficult to progress through the games since I'm not the greatest at Japanese. I can at least fully read katakana and hiragana though, I get lost in kanji.

Also I highly agree, mirror image bosses are usually really fun to play.

Didn't advent have tons of voice over? I was impressed with that lol. Helps a lot for the kanji you can't read :D lol

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.232 seconds with 62 queries.