Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ZX-Spectrum on the N64  (Read 1281 times)

thestig

ZX-Spectrum on the N64
« on: April 02, 2012, 07:49:58 am »
http://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48139
I'm honestly stunned. So, in GoldenEye 64, one of the developers decided it would be a good idea to write a ZX-Spectrum Emulator just as a "shits and giggles" type of deal. ROM Hackers many years later finally uncovered the code and enabled it. Apparently there was a rumor with DK64 emulating the ZX, but that was dispelled through this discovery. (read the topic)

I love it when things like this are found. This is kinda like the recent release of the XBand source code, or the recent breakthroughs with BS-X Emulation. Imagine being the guy who made this finally seeing his own work see the light of day? Really cool stuff ;p
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 07:53:56 am by gm112 »
Re: ZX-Spectrum on the N64
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 06:05:09 pm »
One of my uni mates is working at Rare at the moment. I'll be honest, from what he says, this does sound very like the developers over there XD

thestig

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 01:20:20 am »
One of my uni mates is working at Rare at the moment. I'll be honest, from what he says, this does sound very like the developers over there XD
Huh, well I guess that's not too surprising. Rare always did seem like the tounge-in-cheek developer. They're just too damn shy about it! You should show him that link just to see what he thinks lol
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 02:56:54 am »
  • 笑い男

Are they still even the same developers that worked on such N64 games? :S

I got contacted by Rare once ages ago when they found my CV online for some games testing position too lol

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 04:52:21 pm »

Couple left I believe, not many though D: Most have splintered off and made their own companies by now.

I got contacted by Rare once ages ago when they found my CV online for some games testing position too lol
lol, what did they say?

I got totally blanked by them when I sent them an application :(. Mind you I had to do it for uni work so tight butthole I put very little effort in ;_;
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 06:48:12 pm »
  • Wooper Don't Give a !@#$%
Rare's an intern opportunity and Microsoft workhorse now, they're nowhere near what they were in the 90s

People hate them for it but I think they're unique in that they give talent a way into the industry which ultimately leads to better games from other devs
ROLL TIDE WHAT? **** YOU!!! Geaux Tiga

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
  • Gamers & Developers Unlimited
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 06:00:14 am »
  • 笑い男

Couple left I believe, not many though D: Most have splintered off and made their own companies by now.

lol, what did they say?

I got totally blanked by them when I sent them an application :(. Mind you I had to do it for uni work so tight butthole I put very little effort in ;_;

I think they phoned me first, can't really remember, but was a really ?!?!?! moment haha. I think they were just out looking for testers or something and said that they found my CV online and asked if it'd be possible for me to work there and if so they'd ask me some questions over the phone, so I told them it may be and they gave me some time to think about it/talk with my mum (who lives near them), as I was currently living with my dad (who lives hours away). So I talked with my mum and living with her for the job and so on and cycling to get there or something (apparently the only way into rare is by a road, no walking or anything :S) and decided to go for it. But at that time I was currently working or set up with work which paid about 7~8 pounds an hour compared to the ~5 pounds an hour that rare was going to pay if I got the job and I was planning on coming to Japan before starting uni in the UK for a few months after some months of work anyway, but I thought I might as well go for it anyway, as it sounded like an awesome chance, but of course I'd also heard all sorts about game testing and how crap it is though lol. But anyway, I phoned them back and told them about everything and they seemed pretty concerned about me cycling there, especially in winter etc lol and I was just planning on phoning them back to let them know it was possible for me, but then they went straight onto some phone interview thing which I was in no way prepared for, so that caught me off guard and I'm pretty sure I messed that up quite badly and that was the end of rare :D haha
But I didn't really care all that much, as my current focus was on getting to Japan and I did have a quite a bit better paying job and with going to Japan then uni soon afterwards anyway it actually did seem like a hell of a lot, moving then cycling quite a bit into some weird place where rare's head quarters or whatever are, just for less pay and going through the hell game testers apparently do to then quit soon after >_<
It was just amazing to me that they contacted me in the first place O_o
I have absolutely no idea why on earth they thought to contact me from whatever resume of mine they found at that time online lol

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 48 queries.