Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I think admins should...  (Read 2287 times)

I think admins should...
« on: October 28, 2006, 04:00:52 pm »
I think admins should ask before they close someone's topic.  This is my topic: http://forum.zfgc.com/index.php?topic=9887.0 and why did an admin close it?  I wasn't done talking.  I was going to post in the topic about how the game was and leave it open for feedback but then an admin closed it -_-...
Re: I think admins should...
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 04:04:23 pm »
while I remember how frustrating it is when a mod/admin locks your topic and you dont get a chance to finish, admins and mods shouldnt have to ask a member everytime they need to lock a topic
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 04:06:55 pm »
  • Minalien
*innocent anime-style thing* I accidentally clicked the wrong button, then I had to get back to work on what I was doing, and I forgot to unlock it. Sorry about that, Penguin, my bad <_<;;;

Edit
Also, blame Dayjo. If it weren't for me talking to him, I wouldn't have hit the wrong thing when I went to click the task bar to minimize firefox to hide the fact that I wasn't only working on the UPS shipments from my boss <_______<
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 04:13:10 pm by MiNalien »
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 04:07:51 pm »
  • hungry..
while I remember how frustrating it is when a mod/admin locks your topic and you dont get a chance to finish, admins and mods shouldnt have to ask a member everytime they need to lock a topic
But they SHOULD notify and in a case like the one stated, ASK the user if it's ok.
  • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 04:26:56 pm »
  • [sic]
Perhaps this:
They can immediately lock a topic, but then if a member contests it, they can report the post stating that the topic is locked and give the reason why, then if it's worth it the admin will reopen the topic, but with the exception that if things turn bad again, they can immediately re-lock it and don't have to unlock it except for a very good reason.

Dunno if it'd work, but, both sides have good cases.
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 04:34:57 pm »
  • Minalien
Kame, I think Penguin was talking more about posts like what happened in his case, where I accidentally locked (though he didn't know it was accidental) one of his topics asking for a Cabal Online thing
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2006, 04:38:55 pm »
*innocent anime-style thing* I accidentally clicked the wrong button, then I had to get back to work on what I was doing, and I forgot to unlock it. Sorry about that, Penguin, my bad <_<;;;

Edit
Also, blame Dayjo. If it weren't for me talking to him, I wouldn't have hit the wrong thing when I went to click the task bar to minimize firefox to hide the fact that I wasn't only working on the UPS shipments from my boss <_______<
i've done similar things quite a few times myself, where i scroll down the page and somehow manage to hit one of the buttons at the bottom, usually resulting in deleting, stickying or locking whatever topic I'm reading >_> <_<

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2006, 07:53:26 pm »
  • hungry..

Edit
i've done similar things quite a few times myself, where i scroll down the page and somehow manage to hit one of the buttons at the bottom, usually resulting in deleting, stickying or locking whatever topic I'm reading >_> <_<
Haha, yeah I've done that many a time. There needs to be a "Are you sure you want to do this?" message... but when you are actually doing the moderating... that message would just get annoying lol.
  • My Blog
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2006, 07:58:06 pm »
We could just be not retarded/drunk/high while moderating. :p

Kidding ^^ MiN.

Anyway, this is not something thats good to complain about in most aspects, but since it was a mistake I don't know what else to say.

I guess if your topic is locked, and there is no message at the bottom saying who locked it, it should be reported or you should query any active mod/administrator about it so they can look into the issue.

Edit: On an ironic note while posting in this topic I accidentally locked it.  I was attempting to see if locking a topic prompted you to lock it or leave it unlocked, but i hit stop (I assumed before it was done locking). Dayjo caught me though. >.>

[08:59] Dayjo: LMFAO http://forum.zfgc.com/index.php?topic=9925.msg109399;topicseen#new
[09:00] Dayjo: XD
[09:00] Andrew: yeah i locked it
[09:00] Andrew: its unlocked now
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 08:06:35 pm by Andrew »
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2006, 08:35:15 pm »
Usually mods and admins hee are good with posting in the topic saying why they locked it here.

Although you could just PM every mod and admin asking about it like i  used too.

:dance:

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 54 queries.

anything