Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FF III DS!!  (Read 1664 times)

FF III DS!!
« on: December 05, 2006, 12:43:50 pm »
  • Oh.
Best.  Game.  Ever.
Tell me what you guys think about it.
But its not better than Zelda, I mean.
Hm.
Re: FF III DS!!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 12:51:55 pm »
  • 7.18.1.3.5 <3
Yeahhh!! I haven't got the game yet, i'm gonna get it soon though.
I can't wait till i get it, it looks so fun  :D
What is there on Wi Fi though? What are the features?

*Topic is in the wrong board... ?
SSBB FC: 4639-8685-4595
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 09:10:30 pm »
I like it so far...I was actually just playing it a bit ago. Was getting myself unstuck. I'm not that far yet though...just about to head to the surface world. They've done some really good stuff with it though. I've just got two complaints, sort of three: One is what's up with no save points? Really annoying to get all the way to a boss...die...and then have to do the WHOLE area again. I understand they wanted to preserve the feel of the original, but they could have at least added in save points. Two is that a lot of the times...I don't know where I'm going. I know with the original games they used the whole "If you get into an area where the enemies pwn you, turn back around" concept...but dang, a little direction would be nice. Although this one does do better than 1 and 2 did. And the third semi-complaint is that bosses should have been toned down...they don't need two attacks to my one. They're strong enough as it is.

PS: Everyone with the game should put their friend codes or whatever...however the Mognet thing works. I want people to send letters to.
Image Hosted at ImageHosting.us

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 11:03:24 pm »
Monks and Black Belts > all
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 11:23:45 pm »
I like it so far...I was actually just playing it a bit ago. Was getting myself unstuck. I'm not that far yet though...just about to head to the surface world. They've done some really good stuff with it though. I've just got two complaints, sort of three: One is what's up with no save points? Really annoying to get all the way to a boss...die...and then have to do the WHOLE area again. I understand they wanted to preserve the feel of the original, but they could have at least added in save points. Two is that a lot of the times...I don't know where I'm going. I know with the original games they used the whole "If you get into an area where the enemies pwn you, turn back around" concept...but dang, a little direction would be nice. Although this one does do better than 1 and 2 did. And the third semi-complaint is that bosses should have been toned down...they don't need two attacks to my one. They're strong enough as it is.
Those aren't problems with the game, those are problems with you doing it wrong.

This game is perfect, and the best game on the DS right now.
  • Google Profile

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 12:02:07 am »
those are problems with you doing it wrong.

http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/6752/doingitwronggm1.jpg

[Mod Edit: Please try to stay on topic.]
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 12:42:39 am by Acid Rain »
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 12:56:36 am »
  • Tyrant Rave!
Those aren't problems with the game, those are problems with you doing it wrong.

Perfect? I think you're exaggerating quite a bit. Final Fantasy 3 for the DS seems to be a very good game all the way through with stellar grapics for the DS, but I've heard about how they didn't update much else other than the graphics. They could have added a help feature that showed more direction for those people who can't find their way, and they could also have updated more stuff as well along with the graphics. The sad truth is that it carries all the problems with it that the original FF3 did (even though it was released in Japan). I know their easy to overlook, especially if you're an FF fan, but come on, would you rather have a graphically enhanced FF3 or the completely new and expansive FF12? (Which I believe is more perfect [the constitution uses that term, lol, so don't bug me for it] than FF3 for the ds)

GUILTY GEAR RULES!!! I AM AWESOME!!! WHY ARE YOU READING MY SIG?
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2006, 01:05:10 am »
  • srsly, <3
would you rather have a graphically enhanced FF3 or the completely new and expansive FF12?
Well... I don't own a ps2, so im going with FF3 DS.

Heck, screw the gameplay, I'd buy that game just for the cute little 3D characters... n_n
avvy made by: TheBlackMarket
  • my site

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2006, 02:41:57 am »

Perfect? I think you're exaggerating quite a bit. Final Fantasy 3 for the DS seems to be a very good game all the way through with stellar grapics for the DS, but I've heard about how they didn't update much else other than the graphics. They could have added a help feature that showed more direction for those people who can't find their way, and they could also have updated more stuff as well along with the graphics. The sad truth is that it carries all the problems with it that the original FF3 did (even though it was released in Japan). I know their easy to overlook, especially if you're an FF fan, but come on, would you rather have a graphically enhanced FF3 or the completely new and expansive FF12? (Which I believe is more perfect [the constitution uses that term, lol, so don't bug me for it] than FF3 for the ds)

I prefer FF3 over that crappy level-grinder any day. I'd rather not have a game treat me like a baby the whole way through.
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2006, 03:49:28 am »
FFXII doesn't really treat you like a baby either...it's got some challenge compared to the other newer games.

And I'm not doing it wrong...well maybe the fact that I never know where I'm going is my problem, but I'm not the only one with that complaint. The save point thing though...that's just stupid. How do they expect you to go through a whole area with no save points? I know it's gonna get really bad later in the game...
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2006, 06:05:36 pm »
  • Oh.
Mognet is like E-Mail.
Its pretty lame, and thats ALL the wifi in the game.  But if you send to real characters in the game, you can unlock stuff!!!
Like the secret class onion knight :D
Hm.
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2006, 07:49:27 pm »
EU Release = not yet.

Join the lines :(.
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2006, 11:22:09 pm »

I've never played the original FFIII, so I can't compare them. But FFIII DS has everything I want in an FF game, and the updated graphics and music while apparantly staying true to the original is great.

THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT MOGNET IS DUMB. I WANT THE EXTRAS WITHOUT HAVING TO DO WIFI CRAP. D:<

I don't want anything to do with FFXII.
  • Google Profile

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2006, 02:08:25 am »
You don't really NEED, wifi, you can do it with another DS <_<;;

But yes, that is really stupid.
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2006, 04:04:28 am »
It's kind of hard to hide the extra stuff any other way though. I mean...sure, you could have just gotten to DO the sidequests, but they need a way to actually unlock the sidequests so that you know where you're supposed to go...the email tells you "Come see me for this sidequest", it kinda makes sense.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.682 seconds with 67 queries.

anything