Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nintendo Wii  (Read 9735 times)

Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2006, 09:44:04 pm »
Sounds good to me, original, inovotive, interesting... like the console itself.

Much better than the "sony ps494913" or "Xbox 1941305"
Yay, someone with the same point as me - and a correct one if you ask me :P

Will someone tell me what the whole !@#$% thing is about. I know you think of it like wee wee or wee. But being from america you call it "!@#$%" "pee" or "that yellow fllowing liquid!" Maybe not the third one. :p
Huh... you can't even imagine what does a lot of video game characters mean in Portuguese :x This is the time for US "suffer" like that xD

BZero

« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2006, 09:49:39 pm »
Yeah, if FFXII's Basch is pronounced the way I think, it will be pronounced exactly like the Norwegian word for poop. XD
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2006, 09:58:52 pm »
It's night and I can't remember a lot, but just some in Portuguese:
Pichu/Peach - almost a "bad word" for... (giggles) Penis
Sheena (ToS) - China :x
Presea (ToS) - almost "in jail"
Collette (ToS) - vest >.<
I'm pweety sure there were a lot of more and funnier, but I don't remember them :\
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2006, 10:59:48 pm »
*splashes around like a Dolphin*

But seriously, is this the best Nintendo can cook up with? I mean, its not super bad...but it just doesnt have a nice ring to it.
« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2006, 11:10:10 pm »
  • =/

But seriously, is this the best Nintendo can cook up with? I mean, its not super bad...but it just doesnt have a nice ring to it.
I think it makes perfect sence.

The Nintendo Rev/Wii is going to be about gaming in a group. So it means We as in a group of people who just like to play games. Personally it would make more sence as there name of the online service though. Also the Is are just backwords !s so it could also mean W!!.
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2006, 11:17:21 pm »
i think it has a great ring to it. And we can all see people are against it (cept me cuz ima rebel  8))

TIS THE END OF EVERYTHING ELSE J00 NO OF! See, Nintendo (for obvious reasons) have stayed in the race the whole time. Sega lost console titles at Dreamcast because their marketing statejies were to sell Dreamcast before GC and XBOX and PS2. They released theres early so they would horde in money before compettion started. Thats why dreamcast seems so old yet was the same time as GC. The strategy didnt work and they dropped out of vg system races. Xbox360 this generation did the same plan. Did work for awhile it did. But soon they will drop out and be the next Sega. But they dont even make vg games either so they will totally lose.
Plus!!! PS3 (or sex without the x in 1337 sp33k) will prolly cost around 500 bux because of their damn blue disk!!! WHO WANTS A 500 DOLLAR SYSTEM.... Thus they drop out too... AND nintendo stays in for more compettetors to rise and FALL AHahahahahahahahahah! >:D....

... Stay calm ... Remember the method. Deep breathes...phew...

Fanuilos

« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2006, 11:18:47 pm »
i think it has a great ring to it. And we can all see people are against it (cept me cuz ima rebel  8))

TIS THE END OF EVERYTHING ELSE J00 NO OF! See, Nintendo (for obvious reasons) have stayed in the race the whole time. Sega lost console titles at Dreamcast because their marketing statejies were to sell Dreamcast before GC and XBOX and PS2. They released theres early so they would horde in money before compettion started. Thats why dreamcast seems so old yet was the same time as GC. The strategy didnt work and they dropped out of vg system races. Xbox360 this generation did the same plan. Did work for awhile it did. But soon they will drop out and be the next Sega. But they dont even make vg games either so they will totally lose.
Plus!!! PS3 (or sex without the x in 1337 sp33k) will prolly cost around 500 bux because of their damn blue disk!!! WHO WANTS A 500 DOLLAR SYSTEM.... Thus they drop out too... AND nintendo stays in for more compettetors to rise and FALL AHahahahahahahahahah! >:D....

Unlike Sega, Microsoft has money.  They're not going to back out.
« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2006, 11:21:27 pm »
  • =/

Unlike Sega, Microsoft has money.  They're not going to back out.
True..... true.

Limey

« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2006, 11:26:55 pm »
Why are you guys writing inside the quotes? :S
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2006, 12:14:55 am »
Even so, the name has nothing to do with the commercial moves Nintendo makes.
« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2006, 12:36:06 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
I think I'm convinced of Nintendo's consipiracy that this is a fake name and that its to distract people from all the big news until at E3 they're all like... "You guys are so freakin gullible! The real name is... something else. :P"
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2006, 12:50:45 am »
  • Txet Lanosrep
All I can say is P'unked

Retro
  • TITANIC
« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2006, 01:33:27 am »
  • The Broken King
We had a discussion about it during class today with our teacher (who gets to go E3! *unfair). The biggest problem with it is mostly in english countries, where 'wii' sounds like 'wee' which means...you all know by now XD. Anyways, in other languages, or even off of North America where the slang isn't as strong, it isn't as much of a problem.
  • Broken Kings [Temp Site]
« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2006, 01:43:44 am »
  • Maybe I'll just sit here and bleed at you.

You remind me, why hadn't the GCN just stuck with it's codename?  I'd have preferred the nintendo Dolphin to the nintendo Gamecube.  This change I don't think was so bad in comparison.
  • Chaos Colosseum
« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2006, 02:26:13 am »
  • The Broken King
Personally, I like gamecube better than Dolphin. That's the problem with codenames...someones always going to prefer the codename over the real name, so when they announce the real name, there's always some resistance.
  • Broken Kings [Temp Site]

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2006, 09:39:33 am »
You guys=Crazy.

Wii is a good name, period.
It wouldn't have mattered what name they'd have taken, everything would have been "bad". >__>

• Me on deviantART

Pyru

« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2006, 12:55:41 pm »
Hmm. Apparently the name "Wii" hasn't been trademarked by Ninty, which seems suspicious to me.

They normally trademark dozens of names in the run-up to the announcement of a real name- only one of which they'll use, but they still own all the others.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 67 queries.