Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rejected... o_O  (Read 3060 times)

Obsequious Eye

King of Glass
Re: Rejected... o_O
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2007, 01:05:40 am »
  • Yes, I am mocking you
My parents are like that, but worse. Be glad you HAVE a PS2 and a Wii. My parents are convinced that gaming consoles are a "distraction" and won't let me get anything aside from the DS... despite having the money.

I suggest simply showing your dad the difference between the Wii and the 360. And the different types of games. Maybe get him to want to play a game on it... could work... maybe.
I'm watching you...
  • Omniscient Eye
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2007, 01:16:30 am »
Bribe him. tell him he can play whatever games he wants whenever he wants. >_>
[...The mystery of wireless, revealed...]

[...Ninjas...]

mit

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2007, 07:22:27 pm »
  • QBASIC programmer since age 4. Take that, world.
Wow... you all seem to be on a different to me.

I'm like, "I'm gonna go buy a Nikon D80, kay? It'll only cost about $1300 if I get in in america." "Sure, go ahead."

However... my brother, he's proved, time and time again, he has NO ability to uderstand how money works. I mean, yes, he's mentaly ill, but it's funny how stupid he is. Like, when he turned 16, our grandparents had saved up a load of money and gave it to him. He said, "I'm gonna buy this awesome bike see and I know nothing of how to do it but I'll change parts and make it awesome" We repeatedly advised him against it, but he went and spent his £3000 on a bike and bike parts, and just like everything he buys, one month later, he sold it for £500. And bought an ipod with that, which he then lost.

And the same thing's happened many, many times. He's comically retarded!
Programmer / Spriter / Level designer / Game Director / Web Designer / Music Sequencer for
Random Highscore table:

Play the Kousou Arcade today!
  • Kousou Games
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2007, 07:39:50 pm »
  • Fight the Power
What I would do, therefore I always do this >:D
What does your dad like? My dad's into ships and right now mostly planes. I search if there are any plane games available for the console. Then, I start telling him how great the console is (>.>) What makes it different from the other consoles and such. Then I say that I also found this great game that he could like. Even if my dad rarely plays video games, he always falls for this one. Try it.  :)

Currently Listening to: Mos Def - Summertime

Devy

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2007, 07:58:23 pm »
just go like this...
Get some good grades and some good volunteer work and show him what you have accomplished then say " Wow i havent played video games in like ever!" then thats the time you say " dad because of my accomplishments i think i am well over deserved to get a XBOX 360 i know what you're thinking but this is for my future carreer ya know i cant just jump in to game design without knowing how a game should be. its different from the rest because it has high definition graphics and it has better games and gives me a feel of all the different types of games out there so dad , do you think i am well enough to deserve this or not and it is okay to say no."
that should sweet talk your way right out of it
or...

nag nag and nag some more till he is like "STFU I'll LET you GET it GODAMM GTFA damn!!!! >:("

either way works :P
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2007, 08:01:39 pm »
  • Fight the Power
nag nag and nag some more till he is like "STFU I'll LET you GET it GODAMM GTFA damn!!!! "
Dude...What age are you? I did that when I was like 8. O.O

Currently Listening to: Mos Def - Summertime

Devy

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2007, 08:04:29 pm »
that was just an alternate darunia
the one i recommend in the first one k?
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2007, 09:09:48 pm »
  • Txet Lanosrep
XD

None of you seem to be helping that much. :P

Meh I'll find a way on my own. ;)  Only now I herd a price drop is coming in Fall... o_O

Retro
  • TITANIC
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2007, 09:19:58 pm »
Smash the PS2 with an big hammer till its in 1000 pieces! then you've your problem solved. ;)
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2007, 11:31:47 pm »
Do some drama while talking "seriously" with him. Include the fact of lots of teenagers using money on drugs (Bad stuff), you can use the following statement: "Yeah, maybe I should too. Since you don't let me spend my money on pleasure activities, I'll have to find new... ways of pleasure...".
Of course, the drama level of all this can reach ridiculous levels, but, it was just a suggestion... :D
Well, good luck.
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2007, 11:36:26 pm »
" dad because of my accomplishments i think i am well over deserved to get a XBOX 360 i know what you're thinking but this is for my future carreer ya know i cant just jump in to game design without knowing how a game should be. its different from the rest because it has high definition graphics and it has better games and gives me a feel of all the different types of games out there so dad , do you think i am well enough to deserve this or not and it is okay to say no."
Well, not everyone goes to get a job in Game Design... and plus, you're screwed if he still says no.

Devy

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2007, 11:38:12 pm »
he could pretend he likes game design
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2007, 10:40:39 pm »
just go like this...
Get some good grades and some good volunteer work and show him what you have accomplished then say " Wow i havent played video games in like ever!" then thats the time you say " dad because of my accomplishments i think i am well over deserved to get a XBOX 360 i know what you're thinking but this is for my future carreer ya know i cant just jump in to game design without knowing how a game should be. its different from the rest because it has high definition graphics and it has better games and gives me a feel of all the different types of games out there so dad , do you think i am well enough to deserve this or not and it is okay to say no."
or...

nag nag and nag some more till he is like "STFU I'll LET you GET it GODAMM GTFA damn!!!! >:("

>_> You get stuff for getting good grades? I get to go out for dinner if I don't get a B(which is never in my life) or lower.

Devy

« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2007, 12:14:27 am »
just go like this...
or...

>_> You get stuff for getting good grades? I get to go out for dinner if I don't get a B(which is never in my life) or lower.
yep sure doo...
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2007, 04:31:57 pm »
maybe you could just buy it when they had down there for some reason, and if they ask then just say its an extension to your nintendo xbox.
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2007, 06:28:33 am »
  • puck you
What people have here is the sympathy and ideas towards helping someone get a GAME CONSOLE.

This is the kind of stuff society tend to criticize and contradict.

People want their children to be well disciplined by their parents, and yet when they do that they get scoffed and demeaned at as a "too strict" or even a "bad" parent.

Come on man, if your father doesn't want to let you buy the 360, then it's tough luck.
Mop it up and deal with it, in the end it'll be better because you won't waste so much time.

Maybe later when even better things come out, your father will reward you for your patience, or perhaps then you can ask him for another, better console.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 06:31:58 am by Weapon »
:D
My good sir, in the immortal words of the late Mr. Wrong: STFU.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.495 seconds with 69 queries.