Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: [Spoilers: Zelda PH] The official Phantom Hourglass topic  (Read 12855 times)

Re: [Spoilers: Zelda PH] I just played Phantom H...
« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2007, 01:21:24 am »
  • 笑い男
well i've been updating kinda constantly the last few hours :P
but when there are major ones after time i guess i will

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2007, 01:41:31 am »
  • :D
Well, I only just beat the dungeon when you get the boomerang. So please tell me where I need to go now :)

Go back to the starting island, then into the first "temple place thing" where you originally met the blue sailor guy.  There should be a cutscene or whatever, then go up the stairs on the side and get the phantom hourglass.

From there it seems like you're supposed to go into the big room where you met the blue guy, and you're timed now.  I have no !@#$% clue about what we're supposed to do from there tho XD

Can anybody help?
« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2007, 01:53:23 am »
  • 笑い男
sol's now at the second dungeon fyi

you're supposed to work your way through that mini dungeon.

from where you said you were, go stright on, open the stone door (if its not already open) and go in

if you try it out, it should be quite obvious how it works. but you just need to advance to the next floor. on the 3rd one. you have to get triforce looking things from chests and put them in the place shown.

then, once you get out of there, just get the map from the chest, go right and warp out

then, go to the middle island (not the island you start on or the first dungeon island) and speak to the man in the shop. follow him to the gate he opens. find your way through there, eventually coming to some blocks you must blow up to get back into that shop from the other side.
then, you'll get a nice new toy. you can use it to go to the left hand side of the map. but then, you'll see what to do, naturally, and then end up sailing around thinking wtf do i do now? like i'm doing. but i may be onto something. i'll start playing again in a bit and update my guide on page two that already says all of what i just said >_<

edit: ok, the guide (on page 2) has been updated as much as it will tonight. i'll continue it tomorrow.
it'd also be cool if any of you that may be using it could tell me if you're finding it useful and what other info you'd like in there etc? ^^
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 03:03:52 am by hawthorneluke »

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2007, 05:38:49 am »
  • :D

from where you said you were, go stright on, open the stone door (if its not already open) and go in

But how do I open the door?  Was I just supposed to tap it?  Am I really that dumb?  *goes to see if he missed glaringly obvious thing*
« Reply #84 on: June 23, 2007, 05:41:26 am »
  • 7.18.1.3.5 <3
 ::)
What do you do on the Ice Island...?
SSBB FC: 4639-8685-4595
« Reply #85 on: June 23, 2007, 12:07:10 pm »
  • 笑い男
Luke, once you've made it along that island the attachment the guy sells you is a canon for your boat so you can smash through the boulders on the first part of the sea map and get to the island that you couldn't reach before.

Anyway, I'm in the second "real" dungeon now. You know, ones with bosses, a new weapon and a heart container. I had to stop last night to sleep but I'm going to go through and finish it now.
yeah, i got to that island did some stuff and went to sleep.
the first time i went there though, lineback said shouldnt we like head off to the other island with the blue thing on or something first, so i said yes :/

i'll continue in a bit :D

But how do I open the door?  Was I just supposed to tap it?  Am I really that dumb?  *goes to see if he missed glaringly obvious thing*

i'm quite sure that's all there is too it. i take it you tried that now and it worked? >_<
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 12:19:08 pm by hawthorneluke »

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #86 on: June 23, 2007, 03:18:23 pm »
  • Oh.
Grounded from the computer, so I cant R4 it  up, but me and my dad are Zelda fanatics, so he letting me slide this time.  I think he wants to play...  **hides ds**
Hm.
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2007, 03:37:14 pm »
  • Oh.
THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER!!!!!!  SUPERCARD SD FOR THE WIN!!!!!

*Eh hem..*  Sorry.  Well I can't read Japanese, but thanks to some body here who said "Yes is shorter than no in Japanese" I'm not fumbling though the menus.  woot.
Hm.
« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2007, 04:17:59 pm »
THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER!!!!!!  SUPERCARD SD FOR THE WIN!!!!!

*Eh hem..*  Sorry.  Well I can't read Japanese, but thanks to some body here who said "Yes is shorter than no in Japanese" I'm not fumbling though the menus.  woot.
And if you look a page or 2 back in this topic then you can see what every button means from this game.
Re: The official Phantom Hourglass topic
« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2007, 04:34:13 pm »
  • 笑い男
just updated the guide (page 2) with how to fish (i'd presume it'd take quite a while to get it right if you cant read what it tells you to do at all)
i'm almost at the second dungeon >_<

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
Re: The official Phantom Hourglass topic *Warnin...
« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2007, 04:54:36 pm »
just updated the guide (page 2) with how to fish (i'd presume it'd take quite a while to get it right if you cant read what it tells you to do at all)
i'm almost at the second dungeon >_<
I think it would be better to just post the updated version of the guide. Then keeping updating your post on page 2. ;)
Re: The official Phantom Hourglass topic
« Reply #91 on: June 23, 2007, 05:16:37 pm »
  • 笑い男
if you say so...

THIS GUIDE WILL BE UPDATED ON PAGE 2!
THIS IS JUST A NEW POST OF IT IN ITS CURRENT STATE!

MENU:

first screen:
2 load/start file slots
configure wifi at the bottom

select an existing file:
at the bottom, from left to right:
return, copy, delete, start

select a non existing file:
at the bottom, left to right:
cancel, confirm

it then asks you to confirm. top is yes. bottom is no
then it asked what hand you use the stylus with. top is right, bottom is left
then it asks you to confirm again. top is yes. bottom is no
(its a good idea to get used to what those yes and no signs look like)

once you've selected a file:

top icon is main game
bottom is mulitplayer (:D)
bottom left is return
bottom right is options

options:
first is message speed (default is normal. right one is fast, right again is slow, then right again is normal)
next is sound (default is surround, right one is stereo, right again is headphones, right again is mono, right once more is back to surround)
last is right/left handed (i'm quite sure at least) (i take it the one you picked first is the default one, then the other one will be the opposite >_<)
bottom left is return
bottom right is mic test (i think you just test to see if your mic works... :S)

multiplayer:
top left is local
down one is internet
down another is download play
down one more is a one player tutorial on how to play
the lastone below those in the centre is to change your name (on that screen, bottom left is cancel, bottom right is confirm)
bottom left is return
top right is friend list
one under that is "reapurei" (reh ah play) list. whatever that is :S. i'm thinking some kind of rival list maybe

friends list:
bottom, left to right:
return
add (on this screen, the bottom left button is cancel and then when you enter a code, the bottom right is confirm)
your own code (must connect to WFC at least once to get this)

local:
seems to search for others... not got passed that as i've not had onyone to play with >_<

internet:
bottom left is yes, bottom right is no (asked if you want to connect or not)

once connected:
from top to bottom:
with friends
with rivals from japan
with rivals from anywhere in the world
with anyone from japan
with anyone from anywhere in the world
return (bottom left) (asks if you really want to, bottom left is yes, bottom right is no. if yes, it then has an "ok" button you must touch to return back to the multiplayer list)

click one and then it'll search and you'll play
(if it's with friends, you can pick one (maybe more?) friends to try to find, or touch the bottom button to try to find any on your list)

download play:
seems to search for others... not got passed that as i've not had any other DS's to try it with yet

when playing the game (at least in the one player one, which is a one player version of the multiplayer game it seems), press start to quit. when you do, the top button is continue, bottom is quit

MAIN GAME:
most of this is easy to figure out, but just in case:

main controls:
start button: top button is continue, bottom is save and quit (first question is if to save. second is if to quit. top button is yes and bottom is no in both cases)
select: inventory. bottom right button to switch between pages, bottom left to return
down on dpad/B button: map
left on dpad/Y button/button at bottom left of screen: menu
right on dpad/A button/button at bottom right of screen: items (only when you have at least one item)

menu:
left arrow: return
yellow button: save (then asks if you really want to. top is yes, bottom is no)
middle, bag button: inventory
next to the right. the blue scroll (only when you have one): sea map
far right. the green scroll, map button: map

map/sea map:
top left: pen
one under: eraser
if in dungeon, one under eraser: change floor
bottom left: return
(you can draw on the map :D)
if it is the sea map, you can zoom in on places you touch, if you can zoom in on those places

items (when you have at least one item)
potions stored on the far left. touch to use. you're asked if you want to drink it. top option is yes, bottom is no.
touch item to switch to that item
arrow on the far right: return

dialogue:
when you see a ds icon with the top screen flashing yellow, its telling you to look at the top screen (which is the map. so it could be an important place you need to go to)

maps on walls:
when looking at a map on a wall (and maybe more), you may be able to press a button at the bottom right, to bring your map to the bottom screen (So you can draw on it)

warp points in dungeons
when you get near to a boss, reading writing on a stone will open a warp point, so you can warp from the dungeon entrance to that point and visa versa.
i take it these may also appear elsewhere in bigger dungeons. but it seems reading the writing on the stone tablets is the way to trigger them

controling link:
touch floor to make link run in that direction (or throw whatever link's holding to that point)
touch rock etc to pick up
touch enemy to attack
slide stylus across screen to slash freely (horizontal swipe and stab)
slide stylus around link fast to do spin attack
(note: stylus movements do not need to be near link to make him do the listed above sword attacks)
to roll draw a circle when running. :D
to push blocks, pull levers etc, just touch the object, then arrow/s will appear, touch those to move/push/pull etc in that direction
to use an item you have equipped. touch the icon at the top right

boat controls:
bottom right button to bring up map on which you can draw your course to follow
you can stop the boat by moving the lever on the middle far right thats over the top option down to the bottom one. to start moving again, just move it back up again
bottom middle button to jump
bottom left button is the menu, like the normal menu you have when controlling link on land, but when you get the items for it, you can then select new items you can use on the boat from the blue section on the right of that menu
the dpad and other face button controls are the same as when controlling link on land also
you can move the camera by moving the stylus across the screen
the boat has health. which also goes down if you sail into rocks etc. so be careful.
when you reach a place you can get off (another boat, island etc). you are sometimes asked if you want to get off here. top option is yes. bottom is no
if you talk to lineback (rainbakku), the boat owner, it seems, he'll ask if you want to set sail again. yes is the top option, no is the bottom

shop:
bottom button: exit
touch an item. bottom left button: buy, bottom right button: back

postman:
if you're suddenly presented with something you can write on, he wants your signature. sign the paper and touch the bottom left button to confirm it

fishing from the boat:
first of all, you need the rod of course
then, you need to by at a location where you can cast the line to fish (the first time is when you see a fish shape moving around on the map. you must stop the boat on top of it to fish)
you can access the fishing rod from the menu (bottom left)
first, you have to hook the fish. it seems to do so by itself, but moving the rod around a bit with the stylus may help
once, its taken a bite, quickly pull back (slide stylus down) and you should hook it
then, taking note of the meter on the left (making sure the arrow doesnt get too near either end), reel it in
to do so, just make a circle pattern on the screen with the stylus
if the arrow on the meter on the left gets too near the bottom, then just pull the rod back (slide the stylus down the screen)
if it gets close to the top end, real it in more
when the fish jumps, do not touch the screen
so just keep reeling it in, avoiding those things, and you'll eventually get it

game over:
top button: continue
bottom button: save and quit

ONLINE PLAY:

you'll either be in control of 3 phantoms (the big metal people), or link.

if you're the phantoms, you can touch one, to make the camera follow that one, and also draw a line from any of them to make them follow that path.
your objective is to stop the links from getting the "force" pieces (the triforce looking things) by just chasing them down. you'll automatically attack them if you're near enough.

if you're link. you'll have to find the "force" pieces, pick them up and take them back to your coloured section and through them on there.
i believe you can steal other ones from other coloured links' sections also.
i also believe if you're standing on one of those sections or on another section of the floor where it is light, the phantoms won't be able to get you.

that's all there seems to be to it.

i've only played online a few times though, so i'm not entirely certain about all of that, but quite sure for now.

SIMPLE MAIN GAME GUIDE:

some of this may be pointless. but i've added in things i done that i think may possibly be triggers, but they also have a high chance of being worthless

this won't be like a normal walkthrough. telling you how to do everything perfectly. but just telling you the main points of how to actually advance in the game. so it'll also skip the simple stuff you can figure out on your own too.
so, feel free to go around doing whatever you want, until you want to advance. as that's what this guide will mainly cover only.

if you come across a question or anything not covered. then it shouldn't really matter what answer or whatever you pick

start:
go to the house the fairy shows you and talk to the old man
go east, see the broken bridge
go west, to the other house, talk to the man, enter the house, talk to the woman
go north, see monsters, return back
go to the first house with the old man, dont go in, but go right, into the cave
check the sign
go back to the house, talk to the old man
go back to the cave and read the sign. should be able to write on it, draw a 7
get the item from the chest
train with the old man (the last (3rd) thing you must do is sword spin the wooden things (sping stylus around link fast))

small dungeon:
order of levers:
2nd, 1st, 4th, 3rd

small town in the east of the island:
go into second most north house and talk to the person (doesnt matter what option you pick) (probably worthless)
go into the shop, buy the shield and blue zora's something (forgot the word so i cant check to see if its a scale or what :() (really not sure if you need that blue zora thing or what it does...)
to talk the person at the dock
talk to the people in the bar
should now be able to go through the passage up north
go into the dungeon
save the freak (who is lineback (rainbakku, in japanese), which is who you've been looking for. he asks if you want to save him. top option is yes, bottom is no. he acts like quite a fool :P)
when he asks you another question, if it's you understand what he said. top option is yes, bottom is no.
once out of the dungeon, go back to the dock
on the map, rub the bottom right island
after the long talk, you're asked if you're ready to leave. top is yes, bottom is no.
go to the bottom right island

second island:
go to the right side of the island and have a chat with the ghost of where that skeleton is
you'll be asked if you want to help with some thing. top option is yes, bottom is no
make sure to mark the locaitons of all the fires on the island
then, go the the second most west house (like shown when you talk to the ghost)
downstairs, after beating the monsters, to get her attention, yell at her. litterally. into the mic :P
she then asks if you'll help her with something or other. yes is the top option, no is the bottom
then, on the map on the wall, mark the locaitons of the fires on the island.
she then asks for your name. top answer to give her it, bottom not to
she then asked why you came to the island. the top option is about the ghost ship. middle is for vaction, last is you forgot
she then asks if you will help her/save her or something along those lines or something O_o. top option is yes, bottom is no
upstairs, she then asks if you want to save tetra. top option is yes, bottom is no
go to the southern most point on the map, where the big door is
get to the big door near the top with the big candles next to it. blow them out. litterally, with the mic again :D

first dungeon: :D
like i first said. this guide is to help you through with the main points, which you'd normally be able to do if you could read the dialogue. the rest doesn't depend on the dialogue (well, barely at all). so i'll leave that out and only detail on the important stuff you'd only know how to do if you could read it.

on 3F (3rd floor), at the top left. the writing on the stone says "when the 3 candles are lit, the pathway will open"
after you go through the door that uses the big key, after reading the left stone, a portal will open (quick warp from dungeon entrance to here and visa versa)

after you're out, go back to the fortune teller woman you saved and yelled at to get her attention
then back to the boat. you'll be asked if you want to head back to "meruka" island. select yes (top option)
then head off to meruka island (which would be the one you started on)
go to the small dungeon at the north of the island, then after the talking, go to the top of the room, which the camera focused on for a bit during the talking
then, go further into the dungeon
after about a month of talking, you'll be asked if how this is all supposed to work is ok. top option is leave it to me. bottom is it's probably impossible.
how it does work is:
after 10 minutes, when you step outside the safe spots (the light patches of ground) you can get hurt again
you have to stay out of site of the "phantoms"
if they do see you, run like hell (the light patches of ground are safe spots)
you can also attract their attention with noise (eg swinging the sword near them)
when you talk to the ghost, just a bit right of where you start, he says about having to light the torches at the locaiton shown
on the 3rd floor, you have to get the "force" (triforce looking things) into the place shown
once you're out of that room. go back to the start, using the blue warp that appears
go back to the dock and talk to lineback
when you look at the map, get rid of the dirt on it
he then asks if you want to set sail. yes is the top option, no is the bottom one
you can try going north onto the new map if you want. but after atempting that, then go to the middle island (not the island you started on nor the island the first dungeon was on, but the other one)
go into the shop down and right a bit and talk to the man, then follow him and go through the gate and find your way to a chest containing a location of something on the sea map
then, go through the cave and blow up the pathway so you can get into the house from the other side
in there, talk to the man. he'll ask if you want to hear the pirce (i think he's on about a canon, for the ship :D). yes is the top option, no is the bottom one
then (if you picked yes), he asks if you want to buy it for 50 rupess. yes is the top option, no is the bottom one
back to the boat
now with the upgrade (which is very easy to use. just touch the screen), you can find a way to go north, avoiding the problem you may of encounted earlier, but finding another one
so, make your way to the island on the left side of the map

island on left side of map:
talk to the man in the furthest right house. when he asks you a question, pick the top options (probably worthless)
go north into cave
blow open crack in the second half of the cave and get new item and read the diary
dig a hole, directly below the palm tree that's the second furethest north, but still in the town (at the top left, the second palm tree right)
you should then be easily able to notice how to get past the fog

top right island:
talk to the man in the house
there should then be a mermaid, that you need to get the attention of
then after the chat with them, go back to the house, talk to the man again, then talk to lineback, then back to the house and talk to the man again and get a new item :D

small, whale shapped island on the far right:
hit the stones around the island in this order:
centre, far right, far top left, bottom, far left

tsudzuku...
(to be continued...)

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
Re: [Spoilers: Zelda PH] The official Phantom Ho...
« Reply #92 on: June 24, 2007, 12:33:18 pm »
  • Oh.
Easter egg!  On the second map, the boat on the bottem of the map is the king of red lions!!!!!!!
Hm.
« Reply #93 on: June 24, 2007, 01:27:45 pm »
  • 笑い男
yeah i've seen that appear quite abit, as im sure many people have. i couldn't believe it when i saw it lol. i was hoping i was him, but it's not really, its a much bigger boat T_T

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #94 on: June 24, 2007, 02:45:35 pm »
  • Oh.
I cant find the mermaid...  Help!

nvm found er.  what do i do with the green mark in the phantom dungeon?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 05:01:44 pm by Downsider »
Hm.
« Reply #95 on: June 24, 2007, 05:00:58 pm »
Just finished it, will be 100%ing the game when it gets released here in the UK. I hope all the chit chat that I couldn't read due to it being in Japanese will be as charming as in Wind Waker.

I cant find the mermaid...  Help!
Talk to the guy then go outside, she should be in the water near his house, be careful though as you can scare her away easily. I think you need to hit her with the boomerang hehe.

I ♥ Open Girlfriend (What!? I didn't add this.. must have been Solly!)
  • My DevArt Account
« Reply #96 on: June 24, 2007, 05:12:16 pm »
  • Oh.
How about the green mark in the phantom dungeon?  thanks
Hm.
« Reply #97 on: June 24, 2007, 05:58:33 pm »
How about the green mark in the phantom dungeon?  thanks
Close the DS while the phantom map is on the top screen and the right area of the ocean map you carry is on the bottom screen then close your DS, the green orb should stick to the bottom screen map.

• My DevArt Account
« Reply #98 on: June 24, 2007, 08:09:29 pm »
  • your mum said hullo
Just finished it, will be 100%ing the game when it gets released here in the UK. I hope all the chit chat that I couldn't read due to it being in Japanese will be as charming as in Wind Waker.

Wait so, you beat the game?
If so, is it long?
« Reply #99 on: June 24, 2007, 08:13:45 pm »
Its of reasonable length as far as the main quest goes, theres a good few dungeons although they were smaller than LTTP dungeons and there aren't enough side quests really, in fact mostly its just using new items in old places to get sea charts that are usually custom parts for your ship.

I might really be missing something though as in the menu there are a pair of hands in a box holding nothing.. might be a trading quest, there are also about 5 or 6 different fish to catch.

All in all it could have been better but then its a good game.

• My DevArt Account
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 74 queries.