Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: What was the last great game story you beat that felt "epic"?  (Read 6108 times)

What was the last great game story you beat that...
« on: August 02, 2007, 09:05:54 pm »
For me....god....KH2....I know flamers will hit me with something but whatever...
The game was great...not supurb but great....but the ending...
KH1 got me all choked up....but damn KH2....I seriously think I felt a tear when it was over
although I have never beaten the other ending....

I also got a little choked up at the end of MGS3 Subsistence....I'm not emotional or anything,
but man some games have those stories that just make you go...*sniff*...

Final Fantasy X has honorable mentions for my list as well....

What about you?Have you beat a game that you felt had an epic story that got you all choked up or
saying,"No, that can't be the end....nooooo."
  • Super Fan Gamers!
Re: What was the last great game story you beat ...
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 09:12:42 pm »
Not many.  Of course, I don't like "epic" storylines, but more thoughtful and original ones, as well as deep.  Link's Awakening had original stories, but they were a lot more simple than The Wind Waker's, and perhaps even The Minish Cap's(both of which I liked).

Of course, I liked GTA: San Andreas's story as well.  Most of the Sonic game's stories have s*****, but I thought Sonic Adventure 2's and Shadow the Hedgehog's storylines were decent, and Sonic and the Secret Rings was a good breath of fresh air.

Recently, though, I've been playing Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones(on my brother's PS2.  I'd get the port for the Wii, but there are other games I want more), and the story in that game seems interesting so far(just passed the first boss, which took about a million tries on easy).  Maybe that's because I haven't played the first two, though.
- Click to go to thread
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 09:15:01 pm »
GOLDEN SUN = EPIC GAME.
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 09:15:53 pm »
Yeah but does the story bring up emotions or anything?
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 09:17:39 pm »
Not really.  Video games are really just video games, to me.  I guess the most I felt at all when playing one was when:

*San Andreas ending spoilers*

Big Smoke dies.

*End spoilers*
- Click to go to thread
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 09:18:26 pm »
  • n___n
Oblivion, hands down was one of the better story-driven games I've played lately. Good questline and very interesting! And yeah, Kingdom Hearts is for overly emotional people and anime lovers.
yo yo yo

araknid_kid@yahoo.com = email and MSN
HellsExecutionR = AIM
araknidude = XBox Live gamertag
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2007, 09:19:28 pm »
  • n___n
Not really.  Video games are really just video games, to me.  I guess the most I felt at all when playing one was when:

Big Smoke dies.

*End spoilers*

How was that a spoiler?

*spoilers*

You knew were going to end it, when CJ was talking to Sweet in the car.

*spoilers end here until someone replies to my post*
yo yo yo

araknid_kid@yahoo.com = email and MSN
HellsExecutionR = AIM
araknidude = XBox Live gamertag
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2007, 09:22:05 pm »

Big Smoke dies.

*End spoilers*

How was that a spoiler?

*spoilers*

Yeah, but it's a spoiler to those who may just be at the beginning or may want to play it.
- Click to go to thread

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2007, 09:22:56 pm »
  • :3
Rat Maze.

Seriously, though, MGS3 is the only story I can think of so far that has an awesome story line. No doubt Guns of the Patriots will, too.

Hopefully PS3 prices will be lower by the time it comes out.

Big Smoke dies.

*End spoilers*

How was that a spoiler?

*spoilers*

Triangle, Triangle, Square, Circle, X, L1, L1, Down, Up to spawn Hyrda and cap his ass!

Also, if you get a tank and drive into Smoke's crack factory before that point in the storyline, the wall still breaks, but you basically fall into the inside of the game. You know, where it's nothing but sky. I suppose you could use the flying cars cheat to get around much faster that way.
Gannon-banned brother.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2007, 09:24:19 pm »
  • b e p i s
Metal Gear Solid 3 was extremely emotional for me, even though I didn't cry (not because I'm super manly, I just don't cry over much.) When you find out everything a certain character sacrificed, and everything you believed was wrong, it's just crazy. And for those who have also beaten it, I couldn't pull the trigger. I just couldn't.

Final Fantasy IX made me shed a tear, but everyone already knows how much I love that game.

Wind Waker's ending was pretty epic too, and KH1 (though KH2 was really bad, in my personal opinion.) KH1's ending necessarily wasn't sad, but the scene with Sora and Kairi right before the ending was really sweet and made me QQ inside.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2007, 09:24:44 pm »
Oblivion, hands down was one of the better story-driven games I've played lately. Good questline and very interesting! And yeah, Kingdom Hearts is for overly emotional people and anime lovers.
I'm not emotional....the story was just well put...especially KH2...
Maybe I am emotional...some animes have had me choked up...lol...

I am a poser....
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2007, 09:25:24 pm »
@ Kyubi - Are you sure?  I've done it before with a certian firetruck I found in San Feirro, and was able to get inside, all the way to the top.  Nobody was in there, though.
- Click to go to thread
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2007, 09:27:15 pm »
Metal Gear Solid 3 was extremely emotional for me, even though I didn't cry (not because I'm super manly, I just don't cry over much.) When you find out everything a certain character sacrificed, and everything you believed was wrong, it's just crazy. And for those who have also beaten it, I couldn't pull the trigger. I just couldn't.

Final Fantasy IX made me shed a tear, but everyone already knows how much I love that game.

Wind Waker's ending was pretty epic too, and KH1 (though KH2 was really bad, in my personal opinion.) KH1's ending necessarily wasn't sad, but the scene with Sora and Kairi right before the ending was really sweet and made me QQ inside.

I felt the same way bout MGS3...
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2007, 09:29:43 pm »
Knights of the Old Republic was epic...yeah, and Doom 3 was as well. I loved it :D I only cared about the story and atmos and not the shooting.
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2007, 09:31:53 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
Wind Waker was the last one that felt epic to me, but I haven't beaten anything except for Super Paper Mario since then, so..
  • Lionfish Apps

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2007, 09:40:47 pm »
Animal Crossing
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2007, 09:47:59 pm »
Knights of the Old Republic was epic...yeah, and Doom 3 was as well. I loved it :D I only cared about the story and atmos and not the shooting.
Doom 3 was an amazing game in many ways. I haven't even got halfway through, thoiugh. :P
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2007, 09:49:07 pm »
Hmm... let me see...

Hotel Dusk is probably the game of best story I ever played. Another one would be Final Fantasy Tactics Advance... I would post Final Fantasy 7 too, but I haven't played it yet (though I know a lot about the story). I liked TLoZ:OoT and TLoZ:TP, as well as Earthbound, FF6 and FF4, but not as much as the ones above.
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2007, 09:51:30 pm »
How can Doom 3 story be epic? it's just about a experiment that went wrong on Mars which opens portals where demons are coming from.

Anyway I found OOT, MM, TP, WW, Paper Mario 1 and Thousend year door, Metroid Prime series pikmin pretty epic.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2007, 10:08:28 pm »
  • Silly cat!
Animal Crossing
Yeah, it was pretty emotional seeing... Oh, I better not spoil it :x

Anyway, a lot of the games people are listing here I'm still playing through. Final Fantasy X, Metal Gear Solid 3... well, that's it. I think the most epic ending in a game for me would have to be something like Wind Waker... which isn't really much, but it was kind of the saddest ending we've ever seen in a Zelda game.

Pikmin 2 had a very sad ending as well :(.

How can Doom 3 story be epic? it's just about a experiment that went wrong on Mars which opens portals where demons are coming from.

Anyway I found OOT, MM, TP, WW, Paper Mario 1 and Thousend year door, Metroid Prime series pikmin pretty epic.
Metroid Prime felt epic, but the ending was lame. Samus just... got on her ship and left.

Hoffy.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.342 seconds with 77 queries.

anything