Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: ZFGC logo - Download now, and use forever! [Sticky?]  (Read 28783 times)

Re: Request : ZFGC logo - Isometric Challenge!
« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2006, 06:27:59 pm »
  • Credits to BaB
one of them has a weird rotation >.>

I could help finish them. If I get the source code for the current (well, I can do it faster if I have something to start from, but it is alright from scratch if I have to) and detailed instructions of what you want (and maybe some kind of quick sketch or illustration).

Check the first post, all the info is there.

well, I understand it that far. Isn't that what Atrius already has done? I meant more like how you want me to add the other letters... Should they all be one unit that rotates around between "FG" (i.e. it would be a "long cube" with all letters in a row) or individual and rotate around their own center or all letters in one cube?

And I don't understand aab explaination on how to make the reflecting effects, but I can make it cartoonish...

Well the very first idea I had, was similar to this :

But! You need to add "FCG", every letter is a side of the truncated cube. I don't know how to explain this better... Instead of having 4 Zs, have ZFGC.
« Reply #81 on: July 14, 2006, 06:34:02 pm »
  • IBV

I could help finish them. If I get the source code for the current (well, I can do it faster if I have something to start from, but it is alright from scratch if I have to) and detailed instructions of what you want (and maybe some kind of quick sketch or illustration).

well, I understand it that far. Isn't that what Atrius already has done? I meant more like how you want me to add the other letters... Should they all be one unit that rotates around between "FG" (i.e. it would be a "long cube" with all letters in a row) or individual and rotate around their own center or all letters in one cube?

And I don't understand aab explaination on how to make the reflecting effects, but I can make it cartoonish...

But! You need to add "FCG", every letter is a side of the truncated cube. I don't know how to explain this better... Instead of having 4 Zs, have ZFGC.

Got it. I will make it from scratch in C++/Qt/OpenGL.
My signature is empty.
« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2006, 06:36:20 pm »
  • Credits to BaB

That sounds nice :D Make sure you post the progress, so that feedback and corrections will be easier to change.
« Reply #83 on: July 14, 2006, 07:07:24 pm »
  • IBV

That sounds nice :D Make sure you post the progress, so that feedback and corrections will be easier to change.

Will do. Just need to find a good way to save the animation. Because, well, it's easy to record the images as a huge bunch of PNGs, but I can't put it together as an animation (except if I import them in the GIMP one and one by hand and then save them but that would be ridiculous +_+)
I might need to make it a MNG (well, at least not GIF), since I'm on Linux.
My signature is empty.
« Reply #84 on: July 14, 2006, 07:44:04 pm »
  • Credits to BaB
Will do. Just need to find a good way to save the animation. Because, well, it's easy to record the images as a huge bunch of PNGs, but I can't put it together as an animation (except if I import them in the GIMP one and one by hand and then save them but that would be ridiculous +_+)
I might need to make it a MNG (well, at least not GIF), since I'm on Linux.

Well the file format shouldn't be a problem, as long as there is a way to convert it back to GIF. I doubt Game Maker (since that's the most commonly used tool to create games here), supports MNG, if it doesn't support PNG correctly >_>. Do your best!
« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2006, 03:53:34 pm »
  • IBV

Have done this so far:
*Set up graphics (you could say it's a simple 3D engine ;) ).
*Change constants in the file will change the behavious. I can change width, height and how many frames (smoothness of the rotation)
*Record the graphics to PNG files in a folder. The frames are called frame#.png.
*Made a model with letters ZFGC as simple sides on an "invisible" 3D cube.
*Make the letters 3D (make the parts of the letters inside the cube, to give them depth).
*Color (can't make it shine, sorry).
*Change the margin around the logo so it fits perfectly.

TODO:
-Black outlines
-Some automationprocess to combine the .png files into an animation (and also during that, make the white background be transparent). If I can't make this, I will have to add them one by one with my own hand... and I'm aiming to use 72 frames (but it might be less if the file is too big or I do have to make them an animation by hand)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 01:49:36 pm by Venus »
My signature is empty.
« Reply #86 on: July 15, 2006, 04:00:35 pm »
  • Credits to BaB
Now this looks amazing! Don't forget to make it multiple-size-ish, because that could be too big for a 2d game, and too small for a full screen 3d game. Keep up the good work!
« Reply #87 on: July 17, 2006, 01:57:20 pm »
  • IBV
Updated!

The letters are all 3D now, and all colo(u)red. Now I just need to make black lines for outlines.

lol, the source code for the program (as you probably know I make this by my own programming and not with a modelling program) is already 700 lines. 500+ of them is code to draw all polygons xD

Sorry, no pic this time (it looks completely ridiculous without outlines :P)
My signature is empty.
« Reply #88 on: July 17, 2006, 07:03:02 pm »
  • Credits to BaB
Updated!

The letters are all 3D now, and all colo(u)red. Now I just need to make black lines for outlines.

lol, the source code for the program (as you probably know I make this by my own programming and not with a modelling program) is already 700 lines. 500+ of them is code to draw all polygons xD

Sorry, no pic this time (it looks completely ridiculous without outlines :P)

Good news! I didn't know it would take 700 lines to make this... Nevertheless good job! I shall expect them within days I hope! :D Keep it up!

mit

« Reply #89 on: July 17, 2006, 07:17:51 pm »
  • QBASIC programmer since age 4. Take that, world.
Some automationprocess to combine the .png files into an animation
Adobe ImageReady (which I have) can do that in one click. Zip the files and send them to me if you like.

Also the ones that I made, and Atrius made, were done in Game Maker through code because it easily uses DirectX's features, so you can get shineyness pretty easily. Meh.
Programmer / Spriter / Level designer / Game Director / Web Designer / Music Sequencer for
Random Highscore table:

Play the Kousou Arcade today!
  • Kousou Games
« Reply #90 on: July 19, 2006, 05:11:23 pm »
Holy crap Venus this looks nice. Ive always wanted to have the logo all 4 letters in the cube. Cant wait to see it spinning :D
« Reply #91 on: July 19, 2006, 06:48:29 pm »
  • IBV

I have made most of the outlines now so it doesn't look weird anymore, so here's a pic.
Only the G left to make outlines on (lucky it is there on the backside so it's uglyness doesn't show up in the pic :P).
It'll be finished tomorrow.

Thanks Kleaver ;D
My signature is empty.
« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2006, 06:29:36 pm »
  • IBV
Sorry for the double post but if I just edited my last post the update maybe wouldn't be noticed.

Here's the final result, a 512x512 at 72 frames with transparent background (linked because it is 0.5 MiB)
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k199/Veenuus/zfgc_logo512.gif

If you need it smaller, simply resize it. Depending on how you game works you should use different resizing methods. If your game is very pixelated I recommend using a technique that doesn't make the colors "smooth" around the outlines (i.e. "smart" resizing techniques).
Because of the nature of the logo, you can easily change any color to another color, e.g. you can make the yellow a bit lighter and such if you want to (just use a replace color tool). You can even try to make some light effects to make it look shiny ;D

If you really really really need a new render in another size (i.e. because a simple resize of the original 5122 won't be good for you) just email me and I'll reply with a zip file with your requested frames in the attachments (or if it is a really popular request I'll just upload it somewhere). The frames will be a series of PNG files, and they will have white background, not transparent (then it's up to you to make it a GIF and such by yourself).

Btw, I'm not going to touch the code for this again... I'm tired of it -_- (it should be finished anyway)
My signature is empty.
« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2006, 07:11:08 pm »
Nice man...very nice...

Heres a smaller one.

It could use some more shiny-nes like the N64 :D

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2006, 07:12:45 pm »
(>'_')> Who rocks?
<('_'<) Kleaver rocks!
  • Me on deviantART

Limey

« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2006, 07:16:37 pm »
(>'_')> Who rocks?
<('_'<) Kleaver rocks!

Venus made it, kleaver just resized it XD

GJ Venus n__n
« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2006, 07:35:21 pm »
(>'_')> Who rocks?
<('_'<) Kleaver rocks!

Venus made it, kleaver just resized it XD

Shhhhh  :D

This would look great at the beginning of fangames ^_^
« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2006, 11:32:07 am »
  • Credits to BaB
This is AWESOME!! Thanks a lot Venus :D Could you just release a 64x64 version please? That would pwn! I urge everyone to use this!
« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2006, 06:51:59 pm »
  • w00t
This wasn't a single resize, but it should work fairly well.  I used Photobucket's resizing features first to resize it to 256x256 and then to 64x64

EDIT:  hm, I see that the transparency now has a few issues.  Darn.  Perhaps I could use a combination of Game Maker and Paint to fix this.

EDIT 2:  It turns out that Game Maker worked the best, since it could resize the gif by itself.  I then had to open it up in Microsoft GIF Animator and select each frame of the animation in order to pick the transparency color to use.  Very tedius.  The program called Pixie was very helpful here, as it allowed me to see the exact HTML color code of the background, which helped when trying to pick the right color out of a 256 color palette. 

I was planning to export it as a strip, open the strip with paint and resize it, then import it back into Game Maker, but when I tried to export it as a strip, it told me that there wasn't enough space to do that.  I've got 8 GB left on my hard drive... perhaps it was the fact that it was a bitmap.  Anyway, this one seems to work, although there is a slight issue.  It no longer has a simple 7 color palette.  In order to make it look more pleasing to the eye when shrunk down, it now uses all 256 colors that GIF allows for.  In essence, recoloring it would be nearly impossible.  You could recolor the original and then resize it the way I did I guess.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 07:26:58 pm by dantheman »
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame

defect

« Reply #99 on: July 23, 2006, 01:16:15 am »
Hey guys, I've noticed you are pretty keen do get a nice looking ZFGC cube together,
so i sat down and whipped one up.

If you have trouble making your gifs from this avi  ill post all the frames in tga format or
something so you can do what you want with them.

http://www.ledesign.com.au/files/cube.avi Right click and save target as.

Hope its what you were after.

Thanks.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.234 seconds with 78 queries.

anything