Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: So, Halo 3 midnight launch topic  (Read 1039 times)

So, Halo 3 midnight launch topic
« on: September 24, 2007, 10:24:57 pm »
Hey.

Many of you know that Halo 3 comes out tonight (well, tomorrow, but this night) and alot of you might be going at midnight to grab a copy.
Discuss things whilst you wait here.

www.halo3countdown.com to check hours left.

Post screenshots (refrain from campaign shots) etc. Have fun.
I'm not going at midnight, I have to wait until school is done tommorow, unless I can get myself sick....
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 10:34:56 pm by Beavercanoe »
Re: So, Halo 3 midnight launch topic
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 10:29:07 pm »
  • :D
I've ordered mine online, I got the Limited edition (not the legendary).  I've heard that the disc bearings in the case are horrible however... and that people are getting very scratched discs... I really really hope mine isn't !@#$% up as well.

EDIT:  Watch this, it's the brand new halo-live-action-thing
http://www.joystiq.com/2007/09/24/new-halo-live-action-clip-unleashed-before-master-chiefs-arriva/
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 10:32:27 pm »
I've ordered mine online, I got the Limited edition (not the legendary).  I've heard that the disc bearings in the case are horrible however... and that people are getting very scratched discs... I really really hope mine isn't !@#$% up as well.
Many people have disproved that, although not completely. I hope they are not scratched. :O
I pre-ordered mine at the store, so I have to go to get it... But I can't go out at midnight, I'll have to get my bro to go get it, or else just wait until after school tomorrow.
They didn't ask which version I wanted, so I sure hope that there are some Collector's Editions left.

EDIT: Guys, I think that they had one of the final moments in the game in the first trailer. Damn!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 10:39:22 pm by Beavercanoe »
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 11:53:19 pm »
I preordered mine a little while ago, and paid in full. Although I didn't really intend to, I went all out and got the Legendary Edition, just because I had a good amount of cash to spare. I'm going to a midnight release party tonight to get it.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 11:59:03 pm »
  • n___n
Midnight launch, meh, I'm not that much of a Halo nut. I went out yesterday to go to my local gameshop, where I paid in full for the regular Halo 3 game. Going tomorrow after school at around 3 or 4 o clock to pick up the game. Man, I'm so excited.
yo yo yo

araknid_kid@yahoo.com = email and MSN
HellsExecutionR = AIM
araknidude = XBox Live gamertag
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 02:09:12 pm »
Well, it's out! But that's not it, I guess. They're going to be having plenty of Halo 3 events in the next month or so.
Can't wait to get my copy.... :o
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007, 06:11:07 am »
  • odens knop
Ah Christ....  I couldn't sleep cause of a relationship issue, so I texted my friend and we decided to sneak out and go to the midnight release party of Halo 3.  I went to his house and we both went on his moped to town.  When we're like 2 minutes away from Webhallen (the store that hosts the release event) I see a mini-van with the blue-lights turned on.  Damn !@#$% right the cops had to pull us over.  They pulled us over because my buddy had managed to turn all the lights on the moped off, so they asked him for his license, which he had forgotten at home.  Not only that, since he just bought the moped, it wasn't even registered as his.  So what do the cops do?  At 2.30 AM they call up my buddy's parents who pick him up.  I, having a license, got to drive his moped back home.  When I came to his house his dad gave me a ride home and had to talk with my parents.

Pissed off parents.  No sleep.  No Halo 3....  That night phail'd

BTW, how is Halo 3 anyways?
|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2007, 04:07:06 am »
Ah Christ....  I couldn't sleep cause of a relationship issue, so I texted my friend and we decided to sneak out and go to the midnight release party of Halo 3.  I went to his house and we both went on his moped to town.  When we're like 2 minutes away from Webhallen (the store that hosts the release event) I see a mini-van with the blue-lights turned on.  Damn !@#$% right the cops had to pull us over.  They pulled us over because my buddy had managed to turn all the lights on the moped off, so they asked him for his license, which he had forgotten at home.  Not only that, since he just bought the moped, it wasn't even registered as his.  So what do the cops do?  At 2.30 AM they call up my buddy's parents who pick him up.  I, having a license, got to drive his moped back home.  When I came to his house his dad gave me a ride home and had to talk with my parents.

Pissed off parents.  No sleep.  No Halo 3....  That night phail'd

BTW, how is Halo 3 anyways?
Ah dude, that sounds like fun... At the same time it sucks. Loss of privelages?

Anyway, Halo 3 is super-amazing. I have yet to beat campaign, but it's really cool so far. Can't wait to replay and to meta-campaign, find skulls, etc. Multiplayer is fun as !@#$%. There's some levels I haven't played (looking  forward to the new Zanzibar). Can't wait unril tommorow.
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2007, 01:37:24 am »
Well, I've finally got Halo 3, beat the campaign on Normal (I intend to do co-op on legendary soon), and played a good many online games, and have decided that it's a pretty damn good game. Greatest game of all time? Not even close. But, much like Halo 2, it's an extremely cinematic game with pretty nice graphics (nothing special at all outside of the cutscenes, the environments look like Halo 2's with slightly better textures). The level design isn't really repetitive this time around, but the campaign seems shorter than in the previous games. I must say though, I thoroughly enjoyed the campaign. I didn't really feel like there was all that much of a story for the first few levels of the game, and not much more after that.

But if there's one thing I absolutely can't stand about the campaign, it's the second to last !@#$% level. I actually had fun playing Halo 3, it was easy enough that I hardly died and so the game kept moving at a good pace. It was also hard enough that I didn't feel it was too tedious. Then I got to the eighth level. Room after room of unavoidable Flood (which are much tougher this time around), coming from everywhere. Suddenly, I wasn't having fun. I was just angry. I seriously almost quit, not because it was difficult, but because I just didn't feel any reason to keep playing. It's just ridiculously unenjoyable.

But for the most part I really like the game. I'm still trying to fully understand the game's crazy online multiplayer matchmaking system, but so far I like it. But is it just me, or are there only like 4 or 5 maps for team slayer online?

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.282 seconds with 56 queries.

anything