Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: [pre] Legend of Zelda: Rizar's Gate  (Read 12985 times)

Re: [pre] Legend of Zelda: Rizar's Gate
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2007, 07:36:33 am »
You found the alphabet, but, that didn't acutally give me the answer I wanted.
Its just like holding up a text book to a teacher and saying "here's my essay"
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 07:40:55 am by LegacyoftheOracles »
Link: "Who put the ape in Apricot? What've they got that I ain't got?
Ganon: "Courage?"

CoFounder of:

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2007, 07:43:17 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
"RIZAAH THE FENIX OF CHAOS" <_<; and its nothing like handing a teacher a textbook, as you are no teacher, and I am no student XD
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2007, 07:48:07 am »
its an analogy... don't have a cow (or Cucoo)

CoFounder of:
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2007, 09:14:48 am »
Lol, "shaft of life" that made me laugh...

seriously though.
i like your characters, and how you are very focused on sudequests and such. they are so important.

you have my best wishes!
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2008, 04:47:30 pm »
Now that we are back after the long pause.  I thought that we would introduce a character design.  Drawn and Colored by LegacyoftheOracles:
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2008, 05:23:05 pm »
have the feeling its missing something, don't yet know what it is, but deffinatley missing something.
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2008, 04:46:14 am »
that character would be Dethyl the General of Fear, and with it comes my discussion of how the Generals work:

Forms:
Every General has 3 basic forms and one sub form:
Human Form- this is the first form they appear in, their energy loss is at its least in this form but their power is also low. The compression of power results in an intelligence increase, meaning that in the Human form they are able to plan, and think ahead of most opponents.  Each of them have the same basic hair style with their right eye covered.  All of them have skin, clothing, hair, and eye colors in a pallet of their respective Triforce (Vaati is blue, Majora is Red, and Dethyl is Green.  The final features they all share are: a cape and a personal weapon (Majora has a whip, Vaati has a sword and Dethyl has a flail with an extendable chain.)
True Form- This is the form that they are when free of all binding with the greatest power and energy usage.  They each have a different true shape, but all of them contain a larger version of their personal weapon, like Majora's Whips.  They still keep the same basic color scheme, but they each only have one eye.  To this date, none of their true forms have made an appearance in any Zelda game, (the closest was Majora, but in a semi-true form.)  This is the only form that Vaati and Dethyl are capable of controlling their respective elements (Vaati-Ice and Water, Majora-Fire and Earth, Dethyl-Wind and Nature)
Weakened State- As they loose energy, the generals slowly revert to their weakened state, resulting in loss of shape and color.  At its lowest point, the weakened state resembles a black circular mass of darkness with a single eye, however they can produce 2 basic limbs if they have enough energy.  Their weakened state is also the least stable form, leading to an extreme loss in intelligence and power. 
Semi True Form:  Although not an actual state, it is the mid point between true and weakened.  It is also the form that Vaati and Majora can take while possessing someone.  Majora is the only one that can control his element in this form (but to a much lesser degree)

Power:
The generals work like machine's, as they need certain types of energy in order to work properly.  Their most common source of power is from their master, Rizar.  Energy that he gives them is the only thing that can allow them to attain a true or human form (See Forms).  Over time that energy will slowly deteriorate, because of its chaotic nature.  This means that they need to be recharged, usually done by being in close proximity of Rizar (about 10 feet).  However, since they can't always be near their master (even a god of chaos has to do some work), they can also use substitute forms of energy.  The only known example was from Dethyl, using the dream powers of the Wind Fish to obtain increased shapeshifting powers (although they were just his weakened state in a different shape.)  Vaati, who had subconsiously (see Possession) attempted to recharge by absorbing power from the Triforce (in Minish Cap), was unable to truly fill up on energy because the need of the energy to be sent from inside the Sacred realm weakened its destructive properties. 

Possession:
All three of the Generals are capable of some form of possession on some scale, but the manner of such differs between them:
Vaati- out of the three, Vatti's possession is by far the most powerful.  He has the ability to fully take over a being's mind, body and soul, but younger targets take slightly longer for it to take effect.  While possessing someone, they take on Vatti's blue pallet and hair style.  Also, it is possible for him to make himself undetectable, by planting himself in their subconsious, but in doing so he looses full control, instead giving his vessel full control of his power, but with is personality.  This is why, in MC he acted like a fallen apprentice (when in reality, he was simply bending the Apprentice's thoughts for his own gain. 
While possessing someone, that person has access to all of his power's and abilities, but in the event that the victim chooses to enter a semi-true form, he is unable to cancel the possession or be in full control.  This is why, in FS, Vaati referred to himself as the Wind Mage, despite the fact that Dethyl is the one with the wind powers.  The reason that his human form looks like the possessed Minish Apprentice (true name unknown as when he became Elzo's apprentice he claimed his name was Vaati) is because when he used the Minish Cap's Power,  he took on his human form.  Once "Vaati the Wind Mage" was slain, he was sent back behind the gate (see The Gate).
Dethyl- Being a nightmare Dethyl is only capable of possession while the medium is asleep.  Unlike Vaati or Majora, the possessed victim is not granted any of Dethyl's powers, instead he acts like a dream bubble, a weakened state in the shape of ones worst fears.  His possession is actually the weakest, but his intelligence level remains on par with his true form without the extended energy loss.  As a result he can remain in the possession state for extremely long periods of time without any great energy loss.  The only down side is he can not go very far from the medium and if they wake up he is instantly sent back behind the gate (see the gate). 
Majora- Majora's Possession is possibly the most complex as he can only enter it by being "killed" in his true form.  Instead of being sent behind the gate, his body will take on the form of a mask.  Anyone who wears the mask is granted great power but is slowly corrupted by its power.  Once in this state, Majora must collect enough feelings of desire from those wearing the mask, in order to return to a mobile form.  However, although he looses almost no energy while in this state, it is important to note that he can not return to his true form without recharging (as putting himself in the mask state takes up quite a bit of energy.)  Once he has enough feelings of desire, he can then take on a semi-true form, with the mask itself on his chest.  In the event that he is sent back behind the gate before he can re-obtain his true form, the mask itself will be left behind with a bit of his power.  He can not return to his possession state until the previous mask is destroyed.

The Gate:
When one of the generals is defeated to the point that they would die, they instead are instantly sent back behind the gate.  But in the even that they are killed behind the gate, they really do die.  The reason for this is because they were not created until after the gate was first constructed, thus they are bound to that world and not Hyrule.

CoFounder of:
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2008, 04:52:13 am »
So since i didn't feel like waiting for someone else to make a post, I feel it needed to post some more information from the game.  Aside from the Generals, there are also many sub-incarnations created by Rizar.  Some of these creations included:
Veran
Onyx
Volvagia
Bellum
Aquadamus
Gohma
And pretty much every other zelda boss that ever appeared.
Sorry for double posting

CoFounder of:
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2008, 01:56:10 am »
Looks good :D.

But I have a question. Even though it is early in development, what features will there be? Like Z-Targeting, weapons, etc.

gm112

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2008, 01:59:50 am »
That drawing is pretty damn good :O!!! Haha, I wish you good luck on this :)..                                                                                   
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2008, 02:35:58 am »
  • You got the Master Sword!
that character would be Dethyl the General of Fear, and with it comes my discussion of how the Generals work:

Forms:
Every General has 3 basic forms and one sub form:
Human Form- this is the first form they appear in, their energy loss is at its least in this form but their power is also low. The compression of power results in an intelligence increase, meaning that in the Human form they are able to plan, and think ahead of most opponents.  Each of them have the same basic hair style with their right eye covered.  All of them have skin, clothing, hair, and eye colors in a pallet of their respective Triforce (Vaati is blue, Majora is Red, and Dethyl is Green.  The final features they all share are: a cape and a personal weapon (Majora has a whip, Vaati has a sword and Dethyl has a flail with an extendable chain.)
True Form- This is the form that they are when free of all binding with the greatest power and energy usage.  They each have a different true shape, but all of them contain a larger version of their personal weapon, like Majora's Whips.  They still keep the same basic color scheme, but they each only have one eye.  To this date, none of their true forms have made an appearance in any Zelda game, (the closest was Majora, but in a semi-true form.)  This is the only form that Vaati and Dethyl are capable of controlling their respective elements (Vaati-Ice and Water, Majora-Fire and Earth, Dethyl-Wind and Nature)
Weakened State- As they loose energy, the generals slowly revert to their weakened state, resulting in loss of shape and color.  At its lowest point, the weakened state resembles a black circular mass of darkness with a single eye, however they can produce 2 basic limbs if they have enough energy.  Their weakened state is also the least stable form, leading to an extreme loss in intelligence and power. 
Semi True Form:  Although not an actual state, it is the mid point between true and weakened.  It is also the form that Vaati and Majora can take while possessing someone.  Majora is the only one that can control his element in this form (but to a much lesser degree)

Power:
The generals work like machine's, as they need certain types of energy in order to work properly.  Their most common source of power is from their master, Rizar.  Energy that he gives them is the only thing that can allow them to attain a true or human form (See Forms).  Over time that energy will slowly deteriorate, because of its chaotic nature.  This means that they need to be recharged, usually done by being in close proximity of Rizar (about 10 feet).  However, since they can't always be near their master (even a god of chaos has to do some work), they can also use substitute forms of energy.  The only known example was from Dethyl, using the dream powers of the Wind Fish to obtain increased shapeshifting powers (although they were just his weakened state in a different shape.)  Vaati, who had subconsiously (see Possession) attempted to recharge by absorbing power from the Triforce (in Minish Cap), was unable to truly fill up on energy because the need of the energy to be sent from inside the Sacred realm weakened its destructive properties. 

Possession:
All three of the Generals are capable of some form of possession on some scale, but the manner of such differs between them:
Vaati- out of the three, Vatti's possession is by far the most powerful.  He has the ability to fully take over a being's mind, body and soul, but younger targets take slightly longer for it to take effect.  While possessing someone, they take on Vatti's blue pallet and hair style.  Also, it is possible for him to make himself undetectable, by planting himself in their subconsious, but in doing so he looses full control, instead giving his vessel full control of his power, but with is personality.  This is why, in MC he acted like a fallen apprentice (when in reality, he was simply bending the Apprentice's thoughts for his own gain. 
While possessing someone, that person has access to all of his power's and abilities, but in the event that the victim chooses to enter a semi-true form, he is unable to cancel the possession or be in full control.  This is why, in FS, Vaati referred to himself as the Wind Mage, despite the fact that Dethyl is the one with the wind powers.  The reason that his human form looks like the possessed Minish Apprentice (true name unknown as when he became Elzo's apprentice he claimed his name was Vaati) is because when he used the Minish Cap's Power,  he took on his human form.  Once "Vaati the Wind Mage" was slain, he was sent back behind the gate (see The Gate).
Dethyl- Being a nightmare Dethyl is only capable of possession while the medium is asleep.  Unlike Vaati or Majora, the possessed victim is not granted any of Dethyl's powers, instead he acts like a dream bubble, a weakened state in the shape of ones worst fears.  His possession is actually the weakest, but his intelligence level remains on par with his true form without the extended energy loss.  As a result he can remain in the possession state for extremely long periods of time without any great energy loss.  The only down side is he can not go very far from the medium and if they wake up he is instantly sent back behind the gate (see the gate). 
Majora- Majora's Possession is possibly the most complex as he can only enter it by being "killed" in his true form.  Instead of being sent behind the gate, his body will take on the form of a mask.  Anyone who wears the mask is granted great power but is slowly corrupted by its power.  Once in this state, Majora must collect enough feelings of desire from those wearing the mask, in order to return to a mobile form.  However, although he looses almost no energy while in this state, it is important to note that he can not return to his true form without recharging (as putting himself in the mask state takes up quite a bit of energy.)  Once he has enough feelings of desire, he can then take on a semi-true form, with the mask itself on his chest.  In the event that he is sent back behind the gate before he can re-obtain his true form, the mask itself will be left behind with a bit of his power.  He can not return to his possession state until the previous mask is destroyed.

The Gate:
When one of the generals is defeated to the point that they would die, they instead are instantly sent back behind the gate.  But in the even that they are killed behind the gate, they really do die.  The reason for this is because they were not created until after the gate was first constructed, thus they are bound to that world and not Hyrule.
OK i like it XD

Come hither o traveler... I sing ye a song yet so melancholy, my voice speaketh the epitaph of darkness.Come into my world young Hylian.Darkest apocalypse hour approaches...Awaken from thy slumber whilst destiny's dreaming of ye soul. Dost thou haveith the time to end thy slumber? Lest thee interfere with my plan, death shall find ye!My mask sees the beginning is the end...I am Majora!
  • zfgc
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2008, 07:01:10 pm »
Plus I think I should probably explain how Dark link will work in the game:

As it is widely accepted... Dark link was first created (chronologicaly) by Ganondorf in OOT.  He was simply a shadow of the first one to enter that room of the Water temple.  Once defeated he would have simply dissapeared.  However, what Ganondorf did not count on was the fact that the one that was copied would be link.  Since Link is the holder of the Triforce of Courage, Dark link therefore would have become a holder of the Reverse-Triforce of Fear (see the Generals) But since that spot was already held (by Dethyl) it was impossible for Dark Link to truly become anything.  As a result of this lack of purpouse, Dark Link was able to survive and was sent the the place between dimensions (similar to Phantom Ganon.)  Without a true body, it was impossible for him to truly exist, so he went for the next best thing... substitute bodies.  The unique nature of Dark link allows him to fashion a body out of any substance with ties to dark magic, but only once for each substance.  Dark Link also is tied to the Triforce of Courage, so he would always take the form of the current Link.  That is why he always appears identical to the player (aside from the black body and glowing red eyes.)  Whatever body he uses, gives him the power of that magic, so if he were to make a body out of twilight, he would have all the powers and weaknesses of it.  So this time he has lightning powers because Rizar is supplying him a body. 

CoFounder of:
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2008, 07:15:25 pm »
I have some information on the keatons and their leader Phanton. The keatons aren't really evil, they are just very agressive due to being created by Rizar. However, they broke connections and disregarded him when they found out that he was just using them as tools. Phanton the current leader of the grand tribe is not dead because of old age, he died in battle against Rizar in 1 on 1 combat. Rizar cured him for his disobedience to not be able to enter the afterlife. Thus he became a ghost for all eternity. He calls himself Phanton because he's forgooten his real name. The tribe also refers to him this way. Due to his intense training he can move so quickly that he appears to be in more that one place at a time. The keatons have certain powers that will be discussed later on.
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2008, 09:58:57 pm »
And now the species powers:

Deku: While in the form of a Deku Scrub you can glide with flower propellers, also capable of hopping on water 3 times and spitting out deku nuts.  One touch of fire though and your dead.
Goron: Gifted with super strength, as a goron you can lift very heavy objects, and break them to rubble. You can also stand on lava for a short period of time and can hold down switches that are to big for other's.  Deep water can cause a real problem though.
Zora: Can swim and breath underwater indefinatly, also 2 boomerang like projectiles from the arms (they can hit two targets at once but don't have as much range as a boomerang)
Poe: Being dead (sort of) you can pass through certian objects, and posess statues. 
Keaton: By creating static electricity in your fur, you gain magnetic powers, however don't have them on while standing in water or you'll short-circut.
Subrosian: Being a being of lava means you can enter lava for an infinate amount of time.  falling rocks also are no problem for you.  Ice melts simply by being near you but you will slowly be hurt if not constantly near heat.
Yukinow: Capible of Kenetic manipulation, you can freeze things simply by touching them.  Also immune to all forms of cold, but beware of heat.http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/3503/yukinowiz9.png
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 10:12:57 pm by LegacyoftheOracles »

CoFounder of:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 61 queries.

anything