Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: This is why Windows is the best  (Read 8269 times)

Re: This is why Windows is the best
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2007, 01:19:57 am »
  • Protecting Hyrule from the forces of Darkness!
MS Paint all the way!!!
That's what I'm spriting my game with and it rocks!
My screenname is pronounced:
Zen-ta-wo-cot-ious the L is silent.
Visit Parnell Games
Quote from: MaJoRa
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.
Quote from: Zentawolcotious
Live today as if its your last.
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2007, 01:27:19 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
Windows XP & MS Paint for the win. I use about four different image editing programs for various things, but Paint is the essential tool ('specially for pixel art).
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2007, 01:28:42 am »
Graphics Gale > Paint > All.

</thread>

.TakaM was here.
so my friend stole a giant bag of ketchup out of the ketchup pumping things and brought it to our table and we took it in the bathroom and i smashed it over the sink and kicked it around the bathroom and smeared it everywhere and we all took turns kicking the ketchup out of it and when we were done it looked like an african village was murdered in the bathroom
XFD.
  • Awesome Land

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2007, 01:30:13 am »
  • b e p i s
One word why I still think Apple is the best and why your statement doesn't apply to me.

Photoshop.

Wait. That proves nothing about Apple being best. Whatever. At least your statement can't apply to me.
I could of sworn Photoshop was made by Adobe and NOT Apple. And I'm pretty sure Photoshop supports both Windows AND Mac. What makes Apple the best if they've never even made it? Aside from that, how does it make Apple the best when it works on both Windows and Mac?

Photoshop was originally a Mac application, and color calibration typically works better on the Mac. This is a fact.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2007, 01:31:10 am »
One word why I still think Apple is the best and why your statement doesn't apply to me.

Photoshop.

Wait. That proves nothing about Apple being best. Whatever. At least your statement can't apply to me.
I could of sworn Photoshop was made by Adobe and NOT Apple. And I'm pretty sure Photoshop supports both Windows AND Mac. What makes Apple the best if they've never even made it? Aside from that, how does it make Apple the best when it works on both Windows and Mac?

Photoshop was originally a Mac application, and color calibration typically works better on the Mac. This is a fact.

John + Defending Macs = J:KLFDASJAKLSJKLAS

naw jk i no u b n all fackshull an !@#$%

.TakaM was here.
so my friend stole a giant bag of ketchup out of the ketchup pumping things and brought it to our table and we took it in the bathroom and i smashed it over the sink and kicked it around the bathroom and smeared it everywhere and we all took turns kicking the ketchup out of it and when we were done it looked like an african village was murdered in the bathroom
XFD.
  • Awesome Land
Re: This is why Moldrill sucks
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2007, 02:05:41 am »

Photoshop.

You aren't the best moldrill and IMO photoshop is good for lazy people.

Mm. I never said I was the best... I said Photoshop proves Apple is the best. When I realized how little sense that made I stated that in my post. Also... Lazy people? Lul wut?

gm112

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2007, 02:08:24 am »

Photoshop.

I've never used a mac, so I can't go saying whether or not that's true. But that still doesn't mean Apple itself is the best :P. Can you show me some evidence behind this being a fact? Sure we're not making opinions facts now, are we?

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2007, 02:13:55 am »
  • b e p i s

Photoshop.

I've never used a mac, so I can't go saying whether or not that's true. But that still doesn't mean Apple itself is the best :P. Can you show me some evidence behind this being a fact? Sure we're not making opinions facts now, are we?

Well,

1. My friend, an RIT student and hardcore Mac user, tipped me off on the fact that PS was first a Mac application. I can't cite this, but I'm pretty sure it's true.
2. From personal experience using both versions, I can safely say the Mac version is just "better." It feels better, and the colors are much brighter.

I am a Windows XP user, by the way.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2007, 02:19:35 am »
  • The king of Awesome
Well whenever Game maker is a download for mac I'm switching(but not for prof. though as I'm going to college)

though I use ms paint for spriting.

gm112

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2007, 02:32:43 am »

2. From personal experience using both versions, I can safely say the Mac version is just "better." It feels better, and the colors are much brighter.

I am a Windows XP user, by the way.

Ok, I can agree with PS first being on Mac. I think that's old news, anyways... I would call that an opinion. Like, let's say that a long time Windows user went on a Mac. Would if feel better for them? Well, not at first... or maybe not even ever.  *nix users might pick it up almost instantly since Mac is unix based, I believe. I think it uses some of FreeBSD's source code and much of darwine's core. Well, Mac OS X... Not anything under that. Meh.. why do I continue to post about this... >_<.. Anywho, getting back on topic, I've found Photoshop really easy to use after toying with it. Although, I'm no artist :P...
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2007, 02:38:05 am »

Photoshop.

Please read the quote below to see on a scale of one to ten how ignorant your are.

Photoshop.

Mm. I never said I was the best... I said Photoshop proves Apple is the best. When I realized how little sense that made I stated that in my post. Also... Lazy people? Lul wut?

I'd say your about a 7.5/10.

-Back on topic. On the occasions I have used Windows I found MS Paint a decent usable program.

gm112

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2007, 02:41:50 am »

Photoshop.

Please read the quote below to see on a scale of one to ten how ignorant your are.

Photoshop.

I'd say your about a 7.5/10.

-Back on topic. On the occasions I have used Windows I found MS Paint a decent usable program.
Oh, so I'm ignorant because I'm stating that opinions don't make facts? You guys say Apple is the best, but not everyone agrees. Where's your evidence to back that up? There just can't be a #1 between Windows, Linux, and Mac because everyone will have their own opinion. I'm a FreeBSD/Windows user myself and I tend to like each for different uses.
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2007, 02:43:18 am »
The only problem here Moldy my boy, is that GM is handling the situation much more responsibly :)

.TakaM was here.
XFD.
  • Awesome Land
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2007, 03:04:32 am »
Lol, MSPaint rules because it's grid based. Photoshop fails hard at anything grid based.
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2007, 08:28:20 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
MS Paint

Goddamn why the hell does the free software community fail so hard at a SIMPLE GRAPHICAL EDITING TOOL

I mean for crying out loud, GNU Paint doesn't even have undo!

MSPaint? No.

•No layers (not necessary, but very handy)
•Horrible color choosing system
•No transparency
•Ridiculous zooming
•Bad selection tools (!!)

Now if you want a cool tool for spriting, get Pixen.

Pixen? Yes.

•Layers
•Awesome color choosing system
•Transparency
•Good zooming
•Good selection tools
•Tile testing (loops a tile over and over so you can see if it looks good)
•Built in animator.

Oh wait, Pixen only works on Macs. >.> Oh well, I'll keep using Pixen and you keep using MSPaint.
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2007, 02:28:59 am »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Good to know, Moldorma, that MS Paint isn't the only thing to a PC, right?  I mean that might be pretty bad if the PC was the home standard if it just had a simple paint program. 

In my personal opinion..I don't like Mac OSX at all.  I used it in programming last year and I never will again.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2007, 02:35:40 am »
MS Paint

Goddamn why the hell does the free software community fail so hard at a SIMPLE GRAPHICAL EDITING TOOL

I mean for crying out loud, GNU Paint doesn't even have undo!

MSPaint? No.

•No layers (not necessary, but very handy)
•Horrible color choosing system
•No transparency
•Ridiculous zooming
•Bad selection tools (!!)

Now if you want a cool tool for spriting, get Pixen.

Pixen? Yes.

•Layers
•Awesome color choosing system
•Transparency
•Good zooming
•Good selection tools
•Tile testing (loops a tile over and over so you can see if it looks good)
•Built in animator.

Oh wait, Pixen only works on Macs. >.> Oh well, I'll keep using Pixen and you keep using MSPaint.

Pixen rocks from the times that I've used it, but there are some free windows programs that can compare, or at least come close to it.  Such as I believe it was Graphics Gale.  I might be mistaken - I've used at least 25 different paint programs throughout my life, and no, this is not an exaggeration.
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2007, 03:05:56 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
Graphics Gale is !@#$% amazing.  ;) But so is MS Paint.

And there's always the GIMP, which beats out Photoshop simply because IT'S FREE. (and sexy)
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2007, 12:06:28 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
I use Paint.net and MS Paint myself.

Paint.net has enough features to suit my needs for other things, MS Paint I only use for editing sprites which it is perfectly good :P

Giverny

Christ on Acid
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2007, 09:40:10 pm »
  • Bitte Scheiße
MAC OS? Best? Right.
Mac: 1 Dashboard
Windoors VIsta: Sidebar
Ubuntu: Widgets/screenlets/gadgets/desklets on desktop;Upto 256 dashboards.
Must I say more?

I personally use GM Internal Editor in windoors and GIMP in Ubuntu
« Last Edit: December 25, 2007, 09:45:15 pm by LynkW »
THEGivernyPROJECT
~LynkW-Surrender Global
  • Surrender Global Forums
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.562 seconds with 109 queries.

anything