Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm going to sell my Wii  (Read 3379 times)

I'm going to sell my Wii
« on: December 08, 2007, 06:25:03 pm »
Maybe some of you have already seen this, but right now Wii's are selling at about double price on eBay.  This is of course due to both the complete lack of availability and the amount of people with the Wii at the top of their Christmas lists.  They're selling for $350-600US right now, so I'll probably get about $400.

I've already beat all of the games that I have any interest in that are already out and the only games even scheduled to come out that I'd like to own are No More Heroes and SSB:B.  Two games isn't enough for me to keep a system when I could sell it and buy a system that has lots of games out that I'd like to play and lots on the way. 

The only thing that would potentially prevent me from taking advantage of this is the Virtual Console...but honestly I've never bought a single VC game.  I already own all the classic games that I want.

I'm not doing this because I'm a graphics !@#$% and I'm not doing this because I don't love Nintendo, because I do.  I'm doing this because I need new games.  Why own a notebook if it doesn't have any paper to write on?  I know for a fact that I'll be buying a Wii again, just not until they are more available and have more games I'm interested in.  Maybe by the time that happens they'll have new colors, (the black color scheme has always looked nice), which would be sweet.

Anyway, do you guys think this is a bad move?  Do you think this makes me any less of a Nintendo fan?
You rich !@#$%. I wish I could afford AIDs.
Payback's a !@#$% :P BTW Mamoruanime was here
  • [my deviantART gallery]
Re: I'm going to sell my Wii
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 06:35:33 pm »
I didn't read it all but heres my oppinion. I'd get a PS3, but you said you wanted a console with decent games out for it NOW. That only describes one console then; the 360.

This generation of gaming is seriously !@#$% up tight butthole.

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 06:38:21 pm »
  • :3
Yes. Go and die in a whole Domo. !@#$% you. Naah, just joking. It's your choice to sell your Wii or not obviously, and to me it's a pretty smart move. Personally, there's a lot of games I want to own on Wii, so I'm not selling mine, but if there's no games what's the point in the console? You don't have to own consoles to be a "Nintendo fan" anyway, do you?

I didn't read it all but heres my oppinion. I'd get a PS3, but you said you wanted a console with decent games out for it NOW. That only describes one console then; the 360.

I think I agree with you there, but why do you say that?
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 06:39:40 pm »
Nope, it makes you a consumer that wants to make some money.

The way I see it now anyway.. is this.. I've always been a 1 console kind of gamer, meaning we always had Nintendo in my house, it was the way I was raised, as my parents == Nintendo fans. We got a PS2 when I was about 15 or so, my dad's outlook on Nintendo changed entirely... at that point, as did my mom's when she got a hold of some of their platform games, not because... Nintendo as bad, or the graphics sucks, but because it gave us something new to do.

Sometimes you just need to have something New. I want a Wii really, bad, but the question is, will I play it? -- That really is my only fear, at this point. My life is so unorganized right now, I don't have much spare time where I just sit and do things for me... i do other  things for other people, and work full time, which makes me tired come the end of the day. Grandpa always has news on, so that pretty much takes up the TV (at least the living room one) my TV (as sexy as it is) I don't use it much... yet at least. -- I haven't since I got Phantom Hourglass, before that I was trying to beat OoT and OoT MQ on my GCN--after beating TP).

I say sell it, it changes nothing at all about your feelings towards Nintendo, if you can get a few hundred bucks for it, buy something nice.. the great thing about Wii's is they're fairly affordable, at their price..

On a side note for bert, why a PS3?
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2007, 06:42:06 pm »

Actually I'm planning on getting a PS3.  The 360 obviously has many more great games, but I'm guessing the PS3 will be better for me in the long run, (if for nothing else the Blu-ray player).  I'm big on RPGs, and action/adventure games so if the PS3 follows in the footsteps of the PS2 and PSX it should have plenty. 

Oh, and also I don't want to pay for Xbox Live.  :P
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2007, 06:46:35 pm »

Actually I'm planning on getting a PS3.  The 360 obviously has many more great games, but I'm guessing the PS3 will be better for me in the long run, (if for nothing else the Blu-ray player).  I'm big on RPGs, and action/adventure games so if the PS3 follows in the footsteps of the PS2 and PSX it should have plenty. 

Now I have a problem with selling your Wii. :P You want it so you can get a console that has games, if any console that has a lack of game's worse than a Wii, its a PS3... Perhaps I'm entirely wrong here, or maybe I'm right, I don't know... Seems like a big waste of money. I suppose if one consumer can raise their Q4 reporting, it will be you!
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2007, 06:51:58 pm »

I think I agree with you there, but why do you say that?
[/quote]

Well, It seems this generation was all about innovation and technology that companies forgot what actually made a games console. That being games. And whilst the 360 is nothing new, atleast it has a wide selection of games.

On a side note for bert, why a PS3?

Because the Playstation one and two have a HUGE library of games. and leading by example the PS3 could get a huge library, obviously its a gamble though :P.
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2007, 07:19:10 pm »

Now I have a problem with selling your Wii. :P You want it so you can get a console that has games, if any console that has a lack of game's worse than a Wii, its a PS3... Perhaps I'm entirely wrong here, or maybe I'm right, I don't know... Seems like a big waste of money. I suppose if one consumer can raise their Q4 reporting, it will be you!

I'd say that the PS3 has more games, (at least ones that I'd like to play), than on the Wii.  The 360 obviously beats both put together, but there are still plenty on the PS3 that look pretty good:

Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction,
 Folklore,
 Uncharted: Drake's Fortune,
 Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion,
 Ninja Gaiden Sigma,
 Resistance: Fall of Man,
 Rock Band,
 DiRT,
 Skate,
 Heavenly Sword,
 Assassin's parkour

And then there are plenty of good games scheduled to come out in the next year:

Grand Theft Auto IV,
 Devil May Cry 4,
 Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots,
 Burnout Paradise,
 Killzone 2,
 Dark Sector,
 Final Fantasy XIII,
 Unreal Tournament III,
 The Orange Box,
 Haze,
 LittleBigPlanet,
 Metal Gear Online,
 Mercenaries 2: World in Flames,
 Star Wars: The Force Unleashed,
 Brütal Legend,
 White Knight Chronicles,
 Resident Evil 5,
 Silent Hill 5,
 Soulcalibur IV

Although some of these games are already out on the 360 or are going to be, none are going to be on the Wii that I'm aware of.  Also, it's impossible to tell whether or not any of the games I listed that aren't already out will be good or not...but they look like they'll be good.

Ultimately, the main reasons why I'm choosing the PS3 over the 360 is that I'd like to either have a HD-DVD player or Blu-Ray player, (I'd need to buy the player separately if I got a 360), and that Xbox Live costs money.
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2007, 08:05:43 pm »
How many of those games are exclusive to the PS3? They loose a lot of exclusive games quite frequently.. I remember Assassins parkour being for 360 too. :(

You'll do what you want, I won't talk you out of it, it just seemed like a strange switch. :p

Please let us know.. when you do get one, and what your impressions are on them... and hope to god there is no... return policies.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2007, 08:16:42 pm »
How many of those games are exclusive to the PS3? They loose a lot of exclusive games quite frequently.. I remember Assassins parkour being for 360 too. :(

You'll do what you want, I won't talk you out of it, it just seemed like a strange switch. :p

Please let us know.. when you do get one, and what your impressions are on them... and hope to god there is no... return policies.

Yep, a think a good number of them are also available on either the 360, PC, or both.  I'm okay with that as long as they're not half-assed port, (for example I hear that The Orange Box has some framerate issues on the PS3 version).

I'll let you know how I feel about the PS3 after I get my hands on one.  Maybe I'll do a mini-review or something.
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2007, 08:42:27 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Your PS3 list...let's poke holes in it! I've probably missed some, but...

Folklore,
 Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, On the Xbox 360, but TES3 and TES4 suck on Consoles. Bethesda, take note: You are !@#$% !@#$% at making games for consoles. STOP TRYING! Make them for the PC, where your skills are! This games is much better on the PC (if you have a PC that can run it) because of the user-made mods and the ability to fix the god-awful huge texted-menu screen <_<
 Ninja Gaiden Sigma,
 Rock Band, Also on the Xbox 360
 DiRT, Also on Xbox 360
 Skate, Also on the Xbox 360
 Heavenly Sword,
Assassin's parkour Also on the Xbox 360

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2007, 08:51:10 pm »
  • The Mike
My friends tell me that Heavenly Sword is really bad.

I'll let you know how I feel about the PS3 after I get my hands on one.  Maybe I'll do a mini-review or something.
I would find out from other people if it's good or not before getting it. When I say this, I mean play it before you purchase it because you might get a reaction on whether to buy it or not when you're playing it.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2007, 09:03:32 pm »
Just remember, the $400 Ps3 doesn't have Backwards compatibility. Or $500, i forgot the prices.

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2007, 09:30:53 pm »
Your PS3 list...let's poke holes in it! I've probably missed some, but...

Folklore,
 Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, On the Xbox 360, but TES3 and TES4 suck on Consoles. Bethesda, take note: You are !@#$% !@#$% at making games for consoles. STOP TRYING! Make them for the PC, where your skills are! This games is much better on the PC (if you have a PC that can run it) because of the user-made mods and the ability to fix the god-awful huge texted-menu screen <_<
 Ninja Gaiden Sigma,
 Rock Band, Also on the Xbox 360
 DiRT, Also on Xbox 360
 Skate, Also on the Xbox 360
 Heavenly Sword,
Assassin's parkour Also on the Xbox 360

I guess you didn't read my posts completely...

Quote from: Domo
Although some of these games are already out on the 360 or are going to be, none are going to be on the Wii that I'm aware of.
Quote from: Domo
Yep, a think a good number of them are also available on either the 360, PC, or both.  I'm okay with that as long as they're not half-assed port, (for example I hear that The Orange Box has some framerate issues on the PS3 version).
:P

My friends tell me that Heavenly Sword is really bad.

I would find out from other people if it's good or not before getting it. When I say this, I mean play it before you purchase it because you might get a reaction on whether to buy it or not when you're playing it.

My friend has one.  The only problem I had with the system itself when I've played it was that lack of force-feedback in the controllers.  Although the new Dual-Shock controllers haven't came out in the US yet, they will soon, or I could always import.  Also, yeah, I've heard Heavenly Sword was mediocre--not really bad, just not that good.  I listed it because I want to at least try it.  *shrugs*

Just remember, the $400 Ps3 doesn't have Backwards compatibility. Or $500, i forgot the prices.

Yeah, that definitely sucks, but I do have a PS2 so it shouldn't be much of a problem.
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2007, 09:33:43 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
That's the last time I go to the toilet half-way through a post, I was about to point out what was wrong with the PS3-Only ones...
DAMN MY FORGETFUL-NATURE AND SHORT ATTENTION SPA-oooh! SHINEY!
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2007, 08:43:14 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
I sold my Wii shorty after buying it 'cause I hated it. That was this past February, a few months after the system came out. I bought a digital camera with the money. Personally, I think the PS3 is better than Wii, so if that's what you want I'd say go for it.

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2007, 08:44:11 am »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
My friends selling his Wii Box in hopes of making alot of money. FOR A BOX.
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2007, 08:48:15 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I sold my Wii shorty after buying it 'cause I hated it. That was this past February, a few months after the system came out. I bought a digital camera with the money. Personally, I think the PS3 is better than Wii, so if that's what you want I'd say go for it.

For me its sorta the same situation, except I didnt buy a wii in the first place XD I saved up and got an Xbox 360... For ME personally its more beneficial :p... I find the Wii to be kinda... novelty... Fun, dont get me wrong... but novelty none the less. I'd love to develop for it though :o

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2007, 09:20:48 am »
When SSBB comes out you're all going to eat those words.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2007, 09:25:37 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
When SSBB comes out you're all going to eat those words.

I've said that since they announced it :P I've also said "I'm willing to shuck out the $300 to get a Wii and SSBB" XD
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.992 seconds with 77 queries.

anything