Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: [DEMO] (Pre-Production, Unity pg.12) 3D-LoZ: Goddess of Darkness/闇の女神  (Read 60890 times)

Ryan

The only Canadian?
Re: [WIP] 3D - The Legend of Zelda: Secret Dept...
« Reply #100 on: October 26, 2008, 08:47:47 pm »
Wow.

Looks really good.
Can't wait for more!
:D
  • Likes to Ramble
« Reply #101 on: December 23, 2008, 06:28:49 am »
Nope, I am not dead but I bring good news! :D

I have a programmer now and heavy progress has been made to top it all off.

From Z targeting (still glitchy), moving (a bit stale), interface and replicating the GUI, me and Scott are working hard on it! :)

Here are some screenshots, plus many new features and other things to come :P

Expect more to come as well :D

(A small note is that Kid Link is NOT intended to be in the game nor will he, but right now me and the programmer are using a test model, I am currently modeling things out since I moved to a new computer and need to grab all my files later)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 11:09:47 pm by Janet Merai »
Game Designer and Artist

My Zelda Projects Official Site:
http://unicornslair.byethost17.com

I encourage you, please rate my Project here!
  • The Legend of Zelda: Secret Depths of the Unicorns Lair
« Reply #102 on: December 24, 2008, 11:11:06 pm »
And here is a good shot of Link, me and Scott are getting things going :D
Game Designer and Artist

Re: [Demo on Page 1] 3D - The Legend of Zelda: ...
« Reply #103 on: December 25, 2008, 05:59:32 pm »
  • Pichuscute
That's kool, its good to see someone is still working and posting about there game on here.(many games i followed stopped being posted about)

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #104 on: December 25, 2008, 10:52:21 pm »
  • b e p i s
Downloaded the demo...aside from the walking animation issues, it's really awesome how this is shaping up :D Performance was excellent, at least on my computer.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #105 on: December 26, 2008, 02:34:02 am »
That's kool, its good to see someone is still working and posting about there game on here.(many games i followed stopped being posted about)

I have an addiction to be creative lol :P

My career is to make games and art, so giving up any project is like saying I don't want to work in the industry XD
Downloaded the demo...aside from the walking animation issues, it's really awesome how this is shaping up :D Performance was excellent, at least on my computer.

Yeah, I know what you mean, all this is beta and trying to get things worked out JUST right :P

So what was good about it to you?

merged your posts.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 02:43:22 am by Darklight »
Game Designer and Artist

« Reply #106 on: December 26, 2008, 07:36:04 pm »
  • Oh.
Normally I would have said, "Ew, it's not in C or C++, uses some lame DXStudio thing."

On the other hand, it's shaping up nicely and I couldn't care less as long as I can play it.
Hm.
« Reply #107 on: December 26, 2008, 08:11:11 pm »
  • Minalien
It seems to be shaping up pretty well. I haven't looked at it much, but DXStudio seems to be a pretty decent engine for beginners to jump into, though I still prefer to write my own engines and editors that are more specific to my needs. It's good to see others branching away from Game Maker, especially those branching into three-dimensional development.

Though I'm not all that enthusiastic about the theme of the game, or the use of Nintendo 64 models, good luck on this project.

Normally I would have said, "Ew, it's not in C or C++, uses some lame DXStudio thing."

On the other hand, it's shaping up nicely and I couldn't care less as long as I can play it.
Yes, Downsider, because you recently picked up and learned C++, you are so clearly ahead of every other member in this community. As a matter of fact, we've decided to make you the Administrator of Awesome, because you're a programmer who recently began to learn C++, and has dabbled in homebrew development for the PSP. You are, in fact, an amazing human being for criticizing the programmer's use of a pre-existing game engine that focuses more on scripting languages, because it's clearly deserving of insult, unlike the half-a-million games others here are creating using Game Maker.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #108 on: December 27, 2008, 12:25:54 am »
Doesn't matter if it was made using the CRAPPIEST 3D game engine on the face of the internet, the point is we are getting things done.

My firm belief is that if a game can be made, ANY engine is capable of doing it REGARDLESS of code or specific code used.
We are getting it done and thinking of solution which is what COUNTS :)

So be it if we aren't using C, just because a programmer uses C or an "elite" language doesn't make them "mighty" or "powerful" but rather an ego-inflated !@#$%, excuse the language.

Grow up, anything can be used regardless of coding/ the engine.

Thank you for the support people, we are working hard to get things done :D
Game Designer and Artist

« Reply #109 on: December 27, 2008, 03:30:22 am »
  • Oh.

Yes, Downsider, because you recently picked up and learned C++, you are so clearly ahead of every other member in this community. As a matter of fact, we've decided to make you the Administrator of Awesome, because you're a programmer who recently began to learn C++, and has dabbled in homebrew development for the PSP. You are, in fact, an amazing human being for criticizing the programmer's use of a pre-existing game engine that focuses more on scripting languages, because it's clearly deserving of insult, unlike the half-a-million games others here are creating using Game Maker.

Aye, yes, I would like to be the Administrator of Awesome.  From what I wrote, it should be clear that I wasn't criticizing the developer for use of an existing engine, rather criticizing my own previous behavior and attitude toward people who used 'cheap' development tools.  I find it funny how you criticize Game Maker but don't criticize DXStudio; what's the difference to you?  I don't criticize either.

Who are you, by the way?  I don't come by these parts as often as I used to, but you seem fairly familiar with me.

And note; the reason people prefer C or C++, "elite" languages, would be because they can have the same results as something like DXStudio, except much more optimized for what you are trying to create, since you are writing most everything from scratch.  I certainly didn't think I was coming across as an ego-inflated !@#$%, at least until I read Minalien's post.

Good luck on your project :/
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 03:39:37 am by Downsider »
Hm.
« Reply #110 on: December 27, 2008, 03:42:12 am »
Aye, yes, I would like to be the Administrator of Awesome.  From what I wrote, it should be clear that I wasn't criticizing the developer for use of an existing engine, rather criticizing my own previous behavior and attitude toward people who used 'cheap' development tools.  I find it funny how you criticize Game Maker but don't criticize DXStudio; what's the difference to you?  I don't criticize either.

Who are you, by the way?  I don't come by these parts as often as I used to, but you seem fairly familiar with me.

And note; the reason people prefer C or C++, "elite" languages, would be because they can have the same results as something like DXStudio, except much more optimized for what you are trying to create, since you are writing most everything from scratch.  I certainly didn't think I was coming across as an ego-inflated !@#$%, at least until I read Minalien's post.

I apologize there.
My role is an artist and designer, Scott is the programmer and I read your post wrong.

Thank you for elaborating more though :)

I use DX Studio because it works for me in a way most other engines don't, plus it focuses on so many things at once that other things don't clutter the entire program, but yes thank you we are working on getting this game going :D
Game Designer and Artist

« Reply #111 on: December 27, 2008, 03:53:32 am »
  • Oh.

I apologize there.
My role is an artist and designer, Scott is the programmer and I read your post wrong.

Thank you for elaborating more though :)

I use DX Studio because it works for me in a way most other engines don't, plus it focuses on so many things at once that other things don't clutter the entire program, but yes thank you we are working on getting this game going :D

Yeah, I'm sorry about that little remark myself.  Should have realized the few ways it could have been interpreted.  The point I was trying to get across is that there are alternatives to using C++, and this would be a good example of a project using one of those alternatives.  I certainly understand where you're coming from, though.  I hate development limbo.
Hm.
Re: [New Demo on Page 1] 3D -The Legend of Zelda...
« Reply #112 on: December 31, 2008, 03:08:29 am »
Update!

Here is the new beta demo :D
Nothing perfect and not even close to getting everything in the game yet, but here is more that we have worked on!

Get the new beta demo here:
http://www.2shared.com/file/4551613/7ba97edb/TLOZ_Unicorns_Lair_TechDemo2.html

-----

Well, I do not program much at all and the programmer is able to do a lot through, so its basically easy enough to do this in DX Studio as it is :P

I know the whole thing you are talking about, and trust me I spent over 5 and a half months purely looking for a stable and yet effective 3D game engine, DX Studio was the pure winner :D

Great things have already been accomplished, so I am happy with that! :)

Plus, this engine focuses on two things, art/design and programming.
I can focus on my art while my programmer focuses on the programming and is very flexible :D
Game Designer and Artist

« Reply #113 on: January 02, 2009, 10:24:20 pm »
  • Oh.
Hmm, the last time I tried out your demo I was trying it on a different computer with more power.  The computer I'm using today is your run-of-the-mill Dell household computer.  Decided to throw on this one today, very disappointing, the DXStudio engine seems horribly inefficient and slow..  I even tried some of DXStudios offical demos, don't run very well.
Hm.
« Reply #114 on: January 03, 2009, 01:04:16 am »
Yeah, the team behind DX Studio is aware of this and are trying to make it faster.

Regardless though, the real problem is the environment sky used and Scott is working on improving the game and taking the temporary environment out, that SHOULD increase the RAM used.

Scott claims the environment was used to have a reflection on the sword and being taken out on the third release :)
That SHOULD reduce the RAM used.
Game Designer and Artist

« Reply #115 on: January 03, 2009, 06:49:51 pm »
  • Oh.
It's not the RAM that makes it run inefficiently..
Hm.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #116 on: January 04, 2009, 12:48:32 am »
  • b e p i s
I'm no programmer, but I can verify that the game ran great on this system (I had less memory when I ran it originally):

AMD Athlon X2 3600+ (1.9 ghz Dual core)
2 GB DDR2 800
GeForce 8800GS 384MB
Vista x64

And by great, I mean easily over 100 FPS. The framerate was so consistent that I never noticed any slowdown.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #117 on: January 04, 2009, 01:00:11 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
I'm no programmer, but I can verify that the game ran great on this system (I had less memory when I ran it originally):

AMD Athlon X2 3600+ (1.9 ghz Dual core)
2 GB DDR2 800
GeForce 8800GS 384MB
Vista x64

And by great, I mean easily over 100 FPS. The framerate was so consistent that I never noticed any slowdown.

I got great FPS as well, and I'm running on an integrated card |:

Intel Dual Core (2.2 ghz)
3 GB DDR2 RAM
Nvidia GeForce 7050 256 MB
Vista 32-Bit
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #118 on: January 04, 2009, 03:10:57 am »
  • Oh.
Mhmm, I don't know why it wasn't running well (Maybe 30 FPS with a bunch of stutters), but I guess if everyone else has it good that's fine with me ;P
Hm.
« Reply #119 on: January 04, 2009, 04:06:28 am »
Regardless if the engine goes slow, this game will be optimized and so on to make it have a good playable rate :)
Game Designer and Artist

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.389 seconds with 78 queries.