Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Crappy Games!  (Read 15987 times)

Re: Crappy Games!
« Reply #140 on: February 16, 2008, 01:17:10 am »
  • Huzzah!!!
the E.T. game.
« Reply #141 on: February 16, 2008, 01:27:02 am »
  • Taste the soup of my brain!
THey freaking come right out in the first ten minutes and TELL YOU almost the ENTIRE plot of the game!  And after that, it's a game of "collect the melodies" for pretty much the rest of the game

Yes, and it's boring as all hell. The plot was too simple to warrant a second playthrough.

WTF.  You just changed your stance completely.  You said the the plot was "nonexistant".  I cannot trust you, nor argue with you, anymore.  It is obvious you are making this decision based on fanboyism.

Also, in my opinion, Mother 1 sucked.  It was waaay too slow paced for my tastes.  Earthbound jumped straight from plot point to plot point and most of the time outright told you where you needed to go next.  Mother 1...  Well, it just sort of leaves you confused about what to do next.

Alright, now to steer this topic back on the correct path...  Games that suck...  Games that suck...

Umm....  Medal of Honor: Vanguard on Wii
Ninjabread Man
Anubis 2 (Where is Anubis 1?)
Billy the Wizard
She'll pull out your feathers for her brand new hat and when she's done that she'll feed you to her cat.
People you love will turn their backs on you.  You'll lose your hair, your teeth. Your knife will fall of its sheath, but you still don't like to leave until the end of the movie.
If I threw my guitar out the window, so far down, would I start to regret it?  Or would I smile and watch it slowly fall?

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #142 on: February 16, 2008, 02:49:46 am »
WTF.  You just changed your stance completely.  You said the the plot was "nonexistant".  I cannot trust you, nor argue with you, anymore.  It is obvious you are making this decision based on fanboyism.

It's boring because you're force fed the entire story at the beginning, and nothing else happens for the rest of the damn game (except some really trippy !@#$% near the middle). How is that so contradictary?
« Reply #143 on: February 16, 2008, 03:46:48 am »

It's boring because you're force fed the entire story at the beginning, and nothing else happens for the rest of the damn game (except some really trippy !@#$% near the middle). How is that so contradictary?

Earlier, you said the plot was nonexistant through the entire first half of the game.

Nonexistant does not mean you're force fed the entire story at the beginning. In fact, if you pay close attention, there is alot of story going on throughout the entire first portion of the game.  It's all about the Mani Mani statue, which is causing all this crazy trippy ass shi7.  But either way, I tried to steer this topic back on track because I didn't want to argue about it.  You should understand that I am willing to argue to the death about this game being good, as it was a great experience for me.  It may not be a great experience for everyone, but it was for me.  Kinda like how Final Fantasy 7 is a great experience for many, but theres the people that hate it because it technically sucked and was boring.

Alright, games that were crappy...  Ummm.....   Sonic and the Secret Rings.  Very, very, very crappy.
She'll pull out your feathers for her brand new hat and when she's done that she'll feed you to her cat.
People you love will turn their backs on you.  You'll lose your hair, your teeth. Your knife will fall of its sheath, but you still don't like to leave until the end of the movie.
If I threw my guitar out the window, so far down, would I start to regret it?  Or would I smile and watch it slowly fall?

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #144 on: February 16, 2008, 04:40:27 am »

Earlier, you said the plot was nonexistant through the entire first half of the game.

Nonexistant does not mean you're force fed the entire story at the beginning.

I meant Nonexistant after the very first part. The story disappears for a while and resurfaces at the end, making the game a dismal boring heap for a good chunk of the game.
« Reply #145 on: February 16, 2008, 04:48:18 am »

Nonexistant does not mean you're force fed the entire story at the beginning.

I meant Nonexistant after the very first part. The story disappears for a while and resurfaces at the end, making the game a dismal boring heap for a good chunk of the game.

You mean the chunk between Twoson and Threed?  Because a skilled player can bring that down to about 10 mins.

Please name a crappy game or at least something on topic when you post, 'cuz i'm tired of arguing about Earthbound.

Ummm...  I didn't like the original Dragon Warrior.  Wasn't crappy, though...
« Reply #146 on: February 16, 2008, 05:56:22 am »
All of the GTAs: Where's the story? "Thug gets out of jail and kills people?" Yes, how compelling. OH I WISH I WAS A GANGSTA IN THE GHETTO...

>:-|

My homies gonna bust a cap on you, foo!

And yeah, the Mother games are really an acquired taste. I wouldn't say crappy because playing Earthbound was one of the most awesome gaming experiences I've had in a long time. The story isn't nonexistent. Through the whole game you're treated to many scenarios and scenes that advance the plot just like any other game. You're never doing anything without knowing what's going on. Sure, it's a little slow to get from "plot-point" to "plot-point" but that's just how Earthbound is. It has quirky game-play and battles to pad out that time in between, so it's not a problem for me.

And yeah, there are a lot of random battles in between towns. Maybe that's the central reason it's disliked because it takes a long time wade through all of them. And most of them are unavoidable.

uma

« Reply #147 on: February 16, 2008, 06:12:02 am »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.
Seriously, has anyone heard of Virtua Quest? That obscure, fighting/action Rpg game for the Ps2?

DON'T GET IT. Stay away, it looks like it could be a great game, but it ISN'T.
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/
« Reply #148 on: February 16, 2008, 06:22:37 am »
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, seriously.

QFMFT. Seriously, the naked Raiden segment made me cry and feel gay at the same time.

Anyway, here's my list of games I want to die.

• All of the GTAs: Where's the story? "Thug gets out of jail and kills people?" Yes, how compelling. OH I WISH I WAS A GANGSTA IN THE GHETTO...

Did you even play any of the GTA games? Here are the stories from the three me and my brother have played.

GTA 3: Claude is robbing a place with his girlfriend Catalina, Catalina double crosses Claude, shoots me and escapes, the cops catch claude, Him and another Inmate are being transported to prison, the other guys friend sets up a trap, freeing him and Claude, Claude brings him to his friends, Claude basically wants revenge on Catalina.

GTA: Vice City: I forgot, i think Tommy Vercetti is going to a place, and gets double crossed or something, he escapes, i honestly forgot the story on this one. But it's not like anything you described.

GTA: San Andreas: Carl Johnson lives in Vice City, his mom is shot and killed, so he goes back home to Los Santos, San Andreas to bury his mom and such. He wants to find her killer or something, definitely a larger game then both 3 and VC. SA is my favorite GTA. This is the only one that follows the Gangsta in the ghetto thing you said.

« Reply #149 on: February 16, 2008, 06:39:50 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
Yeah, the GTA games most certainly do have stories. And even if they didn't, that doesn't make them bad. They're some of the funnest games ever. I don't know who decided games need "stories". Back in the early days of video games, no games had stories. There was pong and that kind of good !@#$%. !@#$% RPGs.

uma

« Reply #150 on: February 16, 2008, 07:06:59 am »
Some people prefer to have a reason to play a game other than having fun gameplay that gets old after about 5 hours*CoughSanAndreascough*.
Ghosts of Aliens

My FurAffinity!
« Reply #151 on: February 16, 2008, 04:42:35 pm »
You know what game sucks?

Super Mario Galaxy.  I loved it.

BUT...  Playing through it again now, it annoys me how kid-oriented Bowser's final boss fight is...  =/

Oh, and the original Halo.  It was an average FPS that didn't do anything new, but Microsoft's hype machine managed to convince you it did.  I just...  couldn't get into it.  Halo 2 is redeemed by it's multiplayer system...  but Halo...  Halo just phails in my book.

And...  World of Warcraft.  It's too needlessly complex, and I find the controls abhorable.  It doesn't know whether it wants to be an RTS or an RPG.  It's kinda...  stuck between the two.  And most of the people I know who like it are completely ridiculous and fanboyish about it.

I'm not looking for an argument.  Just list more crappy games.   I consider these games semi-crappy, and these are opinions.  Don't argue, just continue the list.  Please.
« Reply #152 on: February 16, 2008, 04:49:44 pm »
You know what game sucks?

Super Mario Galaxy.  I loved it.

BUT...  Playing through it again now, it annoys me how kid-oriented Bowser's final boss fight is...  =/

Oh, and the original Halo.  It was an average FPS that didn't do anything new, but Microsoft's hype machine managed to convince you it did.  I just...  couldn't get into it.  Halo 2 is redeemed by it's multiplayer system...  but Halo...  Halo just phails in my book.

And...  World of Warcraft.  It's too needlessly complex, and I find the controls abhorable.  It doesn't know whether it wants to be an RTS or an RPG.  It's kinda...  stuck between the two.  And most of the people I know who like it are completely ridiculous and fanboyish about it.

I'm not looking for an argument.  Just list more crappy games.   I consider these games semi-crappy, and these are opinions.  Don't argue, just continue the list.  Please.

You can't say Halo sucks then call it average in the next sentence. I'm totally not defending the game or anything...I just think it sounds silly the way you wrote that.
The Legend of Zelda: Hall of the Dead
Complete and free Zelda fan game
http://dayjo.org/uncannyvisions/hotd.html
« Reply #153 on: February 16, 2008, 05:11:12 pm »
I never said it sucked.  I said it was crappy.  And since when is an average shooter not crappy?

Anyways, ummm...  Sim City Societies.  Uber crappy.  Just check Yahtzee's review of it.
« Reply #154 on: February 16, 2008, 05:31:17 pm »
  • *whistle*
I never said it sucked.  I said it was crappy.  And since when is an average shooter not crappy?

Anyways, ummm...  Sim City Societies.  Uber crappy.  Just check Yahtzee's review of it.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/crappy

1.   extremely bad, unpleasant, or inferior; lousy: crappy weather.
2.   nasty, humiliating, insulting, or unfair: What a crappy thing to say about anyone!
3.   cheaply made or done; shoddy: a crappy job.

since when was "average" the same as "extremely bad"?

I think you need to re-define your expectations of games.
« Reply #155 on: February 16, 2008, 05:33:56 pm »

2.   nasty, humiliating, insulting, or unfair: What a crappy thing to say about anyone!

average is "inferior/lousy", as well as "shoddy".  I believe both of these apply to my Halo 1 experience.
Halo 2 and 3 were great though.  (Mostly because of their multiplayer :-/)

Ballz, the super nintendo 3d fighting game.  It sucked BIG TIME.
« Reply #156 on: February 16, 2008, 05:49:37 pm »

average is "inferior/lousy", as well as "shoddy".  I believe both of these apply to my Halo 1 experience.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/average

Typical quality, normal. Being inferior to great or even good does not make something crap. Anyhow, best not get too off topic. I'm done now.  :P
The Legend of Zelda: Hall of the Dead
Complete and free Zelda fan game
http://dayjo.org/uncannyvisions/hotd.html
« Reply #157 on: February 16, 2008, 05:52:35 pm »

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/average

Typical quality, normal. Being inferior to great or even good does not make something crap. Anyhow, best not get too off topic. I'm done now.  :P

Haha, you got me.  I just don't like the original Halo.  I considerred my experience utter crap.  Just wasn't fun for me =/

Umm....     Crappy games, crappy games...  I didn't like the original Civilization game.  It wasn't crappy, but was boring as hell for me.

uma

« Reply #158 on: February 16, 2008, 10:00:59 pm »
Children of Mana is really crappy.

It's the worst dungeon crawler I've ever played. They !@#$% reuse almost all the graphics from other Mana games! That how lazy Squeeny was.
Ghosts of Aliens

My FurAffinity!
« Reply #159 on: February 16, 2008, 10:58:29 pm »
Children of Mana is really crappy.

It's the worst dungeon crawler I've ever played. They !@#$% reuse almost all the graphics from other Mana games! That how lazy Squeeny was.

Everyone knows Squeeny is lazy and makes utter crap these days. 
Just look at Final Fantasy 7: Dirge of Cerberus, Romancing SaGa on PS2, Musashi Samurai Legend, and their Full Metal Alchemist series.  Oh, speak of the devil!  I name these games as my crap list for this post!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.338 seconds with 79 queries.