Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mother Discussion (EB)  (Read 3365 times)

Malon

ZFGC's Pariah.
Re: Mother Discussion (EB)
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2008, 07:54:20 pm »
  • "Mmmm...CHECK PLEASE!"
I own all the games legally in japanese for the GBA and I got through them fine. MOTHER is the most touching, while MOTHER3 is the saddest and most depressing,
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2008, 07:59:46 pm »
  • Wu tang Forever
Quote from: Lindgren
Not a big fan of the battle system though

Everyone seems to say that. I don't understand why. It's standard Dragon Quest style which people have no problems with, and it has a lot more variables to make it more interesting. Like Speed and IQ.
You know, now that I have played it more, I don't have a big problem with it.
I've never played a Dragon Quest game so I have never encountered this system before.

uma

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2008, 09:17:17 pm »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.
What makes Mother so awesome is the battle system, it just works so well with it.

Though I wouldn't really want to play a battle system like that outside of the Mother series, if that makes sense.
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2008, 09:32:50 pm »
  • Wu tang Forever
So, now that I've gotten into Earthbound more, I can honestly say that it is one of the best RPGs I've played.
I haven't gotten far into the story but it's slowly building I guess.

But, it really annoys me how sometimes I just can't hit with attacks. Sometimes I go 4-5 rounds without landing a hit. Maybe I'm missing something but that has cost me a lot of life in the game.
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2008, 10:03:52 pm »
I've been playing it. Don't really like it too much.
  • Google Profile

uma

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2008, 11:46:27 pm »
So, now that I've gotten into Earthbound more, I can honestly say that it is one of the best RPGs I've played.

But, it really annoys me how sometimes I just can't hit with attacks. Sometimes I go 4-5 rounds without landing a hit. Maybe I'm missing something but that has cost me a lot of life in the game.

Yeah, your gonna' miss enemies a lot in Earthbound. Sometimes I think they wanted to make it more realistic by upping the miss rate... Like, if you were actually going to hit a crow with a cracked baseball bat, you'd might actually miss.
Ghosts of Aliens

My FurAffinity!

alirazaq

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2008, 11:51:01 pm »
I'm going to guess the plot
They are all brothers, Ness, Lucas, and Ness 2. Their mother died, and they are their own mother. They venture around looking for a way to restore their mother?

uma

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2008, 12:23:14 am »
They are all brothers, Ness, Lucas, and Ness 2. Their mother died, and they are their own mother. They venture around looking for a way to restore their mother?

... Wow.

I'm glad your not right.
Ghosts of Aliens

My FurAffinity!
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2008, 01:04:32 am »
  • Modrill made the avatar. I command you to like it.

... Wow.

I'm glad your not right.

I second this. O_O Although it would've just as original, I guess...

Equip a bat. Never, ever equip yo-yos or boomerangs. Their miss rates are really low*.

There's a trick to worry-free levelling up when you're alone as Ness: Put all your money on the ATM. With zero money on you, you fight and die without worrying over half your money being stolen. Your items don't get stolen so you don't have to worry about that. That's how I levelled up in all three games (it is, in fact, easier to level up in M3 btw).

If you are still having problems, I could make a quick heck of the game to beef your characters up a teensy little bit (not something like max stats; that'd kill the game).

*Meant high, as in "they miss often". Seeing as how someone quoted me already, I'm not changing it so I'm adding this disclaimer in.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 02:34:47 am by Garoth Moulinoski »

My Brawl FC is 1289-8196-4511. Don't expect me to be on all the time though.
  • Super Smash Karts
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2008, 01:14:19 am »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
If you have the Casey(sp?) bat it has a very high miss rate.
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2008, 02:46:45 am »
If you have the Casey(sp?) bat it has a very high miss rate.

But when it does hit... What is it? Uh... Lots of damage. I liked it because of the immense damage it dealt when it did hit.
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2008, 03:04:00 am »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
I never used it because it would never hit.
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2008, 03:09:27 am »
  • Taste the soup of my brain!
Same here.  The high SMAAAASH!  rate is outweighed by it's miss rate.  It's like...  Throughout the span of 6 turns you only hit an enemy once, dealing out...  5000 damage.  But with the gutsy bat or the legendary bat you would have dealt out 3000 damage on each of those 6 turns, doing a grand total of 18000 damage.  The numbers are probably WAAAAY off, since I haven't played Earthbound in over a year now (I make a point to beat it once a year), but my point still stands.

I also never found the appeal of Starstorm...  It's never seemed to be uberpowerful to me.  It just seems like a slightly more powerful PSI (favorite thing) Beta...
She'll pull out your feathers for her brand new hat and when she's done that she'll feed you to her cat.
People you love will turn their backs on you.  You'll lose your hair, your teeth. Your knife will fall of its sheath, but you still don't like to leave until the end of the movie.
If I threw my guitar out the window, so far down, would I start to regret it?  Or would I smile and watch it slowly fall?
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2008, 04:05:14 am »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
I used the Legendary Bat.
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2008, 02:33:29 pm »
Same here.  The high SMAAAASH!  rate is outweighed by it's miss rate.  It's like...  Throughout the span of 6 turns you only hit an enemy once, dealing out...  5000 damage.  But with the gutsy bat or the legendary bat you would have dealt out 3000 damage on each of those 6 turns, doing a grand total of 18000 damage.  The numbers are probably WAAAAY off, since I haven't played Earthbound in over a year now (I make a point to beat it once a year), but my point still stands.

I also never found the appeal of Starstorm...  It's never seemed to be uberpowerful to me.  It just seems like a slightly more powerful PSI (favorite thing) Beta...

Maybe the enemy was very strong and you could beat him much quicker if you could dish out two PSI Rockins in one turn. So Poo got his own version of PSI Rockin.
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2008, 08:59:00 pm »
  • Wu tang Forever

Equip a bat. Never, ever equip yo-yos or boomerangs. Their miss rates are really low.

There's a trick to worry-free levelling up when you're alone as Ness: Put all your money on the ATM. With zero money on you, you fight and die without worrying over half your money being stolen. Your items don't get stolen so you don't have to worry about that. That's how I levelled up in all three games (it is, in fact, easier to level up in M3 btw).

If you are still having problems, I could make a quick heck of the game to beef your characters up a teensy little bit (not something like max stats; that'd kill the game).
I don't really have problems because I do not die very much at all.
It just annoys me how low my hit percentage was.
I was using a Yo-yo though so that's probably what the problem was.
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2008, 02:38:10 am »
  • Modrill made the avatar. I command you to like it.
Yeaaah. The reason why I couldn't get into Earthbound earlier was because I kept equipping Yo-yos and boomerangs. I was like "I KEEP DYING AND MY ATTACK MISSES!!!" Only last year did I see the error in my ways... I used bats the whole way through. n_n

Another thing: I'd store my money in the ATM (if I have any) and then I'd fight enemies 'til Ness died. Then, I'd revive and I'd have him go back and fight some more. That's for the beginning though. When you get more party members, death is a lot more sinister- only Ness is revived after a Game Over. :<

My Brawl FC is 1289-8196-4511. Don't expect me to be on all the time though.
  • Super Smash Karts
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.701 seconds with 88 queries.