Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestions?  (Read 2121 times)

Suggestions?
« on: March 20, 2008, 06:09:05 pm »
If you have any suggestions on how I should go about doing this then please leave comments here :).
Re: Suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 07:08:05 pm »
its a good start so far, i think anyone will follow diligently :)
art 01 and 02

My Child Is Student of The Month at Neverland Ranch!
  • SSEdit
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 05:54:38 pm »
My first question for you which you will be asked when these get opened to the public,
Will these work in other C# compilers?  Like, I have Visual Studio C# Express 2005...Do I
really need to update or will it be fine the way it is?

I like your methods of breaking everything down even into screenshots.
I know these are for a Zelda game, but as you get into more advanced topics, maybe you could add
some more explanation to what this such and such code can do in other games like rpgs, side-scrollers,
etc...  Because alot of people will use this to get off the ground but they might also towards the end might want to try somethingelse with these tutorials...Know what I'm saying?
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 06:00:19 pm »
My first question for you which you will be asked when these get opened to the public,
Will these work in other C# compilers?  Like, I have Visual Studio C# Express 2005...Do I
If it complies to the C# standard, then there is no reason why other compilers will not work.

I know these are for a Zelda game, but as you get into more advanced topics, maybe you could add
some more explanation to what this such and such code can do in other games like rpgs, side-scrollers,
etc...  Because alot of people will use this to get off the ground but they might also towards the end might want to try somethingelse with these tutorials...Know what I'm saying?
I was asuming people would be able to understand other uses as they go along.
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 06:10:14 pm »
If it complies to the C# standard, then there is no reason why other compilers will not work.

I was asuming people would be able to understand other uses as they go along.
Never assume, people in general (at least from what I see here) are stupid to put in point blank.
I hope you will be prepared to answer alot of questions when these get released.

Which, I've come up with an idea for that.  First, when you release these, will they be open for discussion?  Like say, I had a problem , would you want to look at the problem or if someone else just jumped in and said to do this and this, would that bother you?
Because, it seemed to me like a good idea to maybe have some people who really grasp these tutorials and maybe have like a help group or people so that if there are problems and the such, they can pm them or you with their problems so you don't have like 100 posts with something as mundane as "Link won't move!  Someone help!"  and that's all they post -_-...catch my drift?
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 06:49:25 pm »
Sounds fine.
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 07:54:18 am »
These tutorials will not work for anything but VS 2008 in means of how you set everything up with tutorial 1.
I just tried to do that with 2005 and half that !@#$% you said to do is missing/wasn't programmed yet...lol

EDIT:Err...I may be wrong, let me keep messing with it...For a fact, going to properties I don't see any .net select !@#$% so obviously can't do that IF that is a problem...
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 07:56:17 am by Theforeshadower »
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 11:52:28 am »
Well obviously your going to need to set it up differently if your using a different IDE, all of them are going to be different. You can't expect me to explain how to do it in every IDE, there are hundreds.
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 12:04:40 pm »
There are hundreds of IDEs for C#?
Since when?
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2008, 12:13:30 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Well, according to Wikipedia you have these:
MonoDevelop
SharpDevelop
Visual Studio's C# (I assume)
Visual C# Express 2008
Visual C# Express 2005
Xacc.ide
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 12:26:35 pm »
There are more, trust me. Those are just the ones aimed directly at C#, most other general purpose IDE's can be configued to use the C# in one form, or another.

There are hundreds of IDEs for C#?
I was exaggerating, I just meant that I'm not going to go through a ton of different IDE and explain how you need to set them up. To be honest its not exactly difficult, all you need to do really is add a reference and set its output as a executable, people really should be able to work that out without a tutorial.
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2008, 01:23:51 pm »
I'd say I'd expect anyone who already uses an IDE that supports C# to already know how to use it, and everyone else shouldn't be downloading older versions of software to make their job more difficult.
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2008, 06:56:59 pm »
OKay, I got it setup with 2005.  I just had to mess with some directory !@#$%.  Going to go through what you got so far with 2005 and make sure there aren't really any problems.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2008, 01:13:27 pm »
Will these tutorials require previous programming knowledge?

(Its a question you may get asked an awful lot so best get it out the way now heh? :P)
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2008, 02:22:07 pm »
Yes, it does require at least a brief understanding of basic programming. This is a tutorial to create a game, not a tutorial to learn a language.

However that said I have gone over some of the C# specific concepts at times.
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2008, 06:54:15 pm »
  • Minalien
I think it would be a good idea to list computer requirements, such as needing the .NET Framework version 3.5 and Visual Studio 2008 (or one of the express versions of 2008) to run this.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2008, 02:48:02 am »
hmm this might sound like an odd suggestion, but since this is a "How to design a Zelda Game" we should also add some spriting and tiling tutorials, some dungeon design, music design, enemy design, etc.
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2008, 04:19:44 am »
hmm this might sound like an odd suggestion, but since this is a "How to design a Zelda Game" we should also add some spriting and tiling tutorials, some dungeon design, music design, enemy design, etc.

It should be called How to develop =X
the a o d c
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2008, 11:17:39 am »

Good idea, however I know jack all on that front. If anyone feels like adding a few tutorials on those, awesome :).
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2008, 06:47:43 am »
I know there's a quite a few composers here. Mabye the rest of them and me could get a music tutorial together?
But then again it's almost impossible to make a tutorial on making music. Everyone who does compose knows it's really up to harmonization, the amount of theory you can put to practice and your imagination.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 73 queries.