Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Super Mario [finished]  (Read 8726 times)

Re: Super Mario [finished]
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2008, 07:57:42 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything

People hate'n on me cuz I didn't use some pre-scripted Game Maker engine >.<
Actually, most of us here would love you for writing this in C++ if it was functional.

Could you guys do better in two weeks using C++?
Coding wise?  Yes.  I've been working with C++ for almost 3 years now.  And I know i'm not the only one here using the language.

ANYHOO.
Fix the lag
Add music
Work on the level editor
Add items
???
Profit

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2008, 08:11:27 pm »
  • Minalien

People hate'n on me cuz I didn't use some pre-scripted Game Maker engine >.<
Actually, most of us here would love you for writing this in C++ if it was functional.

Could you guys do better in two weeks using C++?
Coding wise?  Yes.  I've been working with C++ for almost 3 years now.  And I know i'm not the only one here using the language.

ANYHOO.
Fix the lag
Add music
Work on the level editor
Add items
???
Profit
Profit would be available if it wasn't copyrighted material and he used his own engine ;)
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2008, 08:12:06 pm »
Jesus, it's taking up 100% of my cpu

- I died from jumping on the green shelled enemy.

- Why does it load the map every time i die?

- My god this is laggy

- Bad animation when jumping on the goomba

- No dying sound

- No sound when picking up a green mushroom

- I didn't even know it was done loaading, it just kept saying loading and the filename, put something in to tell you it done loading and to hit space.

- After the first jump a goomba is walking, the first time i jumped on it mario just bounced off him and he didn't die. I had to jump on him two times for the goomba to die.

- The end of the level is collecting a star? It should be the flag.

- The dying sound is in the folder but not added into the game?

- It says Level 2, but it;s just Level 1 again.

- When you kill a green  shelled enemy the shell just hovers and continues on the path that the enemy would have went.

Honestly man, this game is bad, i'm sorry but it just isn't good, or fun, or well made. This is barely even playable.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 08:20:28 pm by FISSURE »

« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2008, 10:13:13 pm »
"hand some time back to the operating system" how?
So give me you're code and add mine:
Code: 4296-2644-3642

Sorry guys.  I just don't have the time anymore for the CP.  Working two jobs and just having a couple hours to play my Wii and continue learning programming just is not leaving me free time to focus on the CP.  I feel that it's my obligation to step aside as Level Director.  It's just a time issue.  Since I am also a global mod that also takes some of my focus from the CP.  So, it's nothing against anybody or what not, I'm just out of time anymore it seems.  Sorry again.
wtf, i remember posts that used to have content explaining reasons rather than ways to get rises out of users with a youtube video and no reason as to why!

How to post maturely:
epic intolerance, I caught aids from the stupidity in your post

why not issue everyone 5 opinion tokens for each year, if they voice their opinion without presenting a token- they can be legally murdered
Make sure every post you make is mature like these two (and there's many more). You just can't beat ZFGC's friendliness and maturity!

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2008, 10:14:58 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.

<_<;; memory management...

Biggest thing with C++... you need to know how to manage your memory stacks :S
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2008, 10:44:09 pm »
There are a number of functions to do this. What most people do is they use delay functions (which put the program to sleep for a given amount of time, leaving that time available to the OS for other things) within their main loop to pause the program for x milliseconds so that the program never takes more time than it needs to run at the target FPS.

If you don't do something similar to this then your program will just cycle through as many frames as possible, resulting in all the available CPU time being sucked up to generate unnecessary frames.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 10:46:03 pm by Infini »
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2008, 11:48:16 pm »

<_<;; memory management...

Biggest thing with C++... you need to know how to manage your memory stacks :S
Well, how about a good method of doing so, or some articles?
So give me you're code and add mine:
Code: 4296-2644-3642

Sorry guys.  I just don't have the time anymore for the CP.  Working two jobs and just having a couple hours to play my Wii and continue learning programming just is not leaving me free time to focus on the CP.  I feel that it's my obligation to step aside as Level Director.  It's just a time issue.  Since I am also a global mod that also takes some of my focus from the CP.  So, it's nothing against anybody or what not, I'm just out of time anymore it seems.  Sorry again.
wtf, i remember posts that used to have content explaining reasons rather than ways to get rises out of users with a youtube video and no reason as to why!

How to post maturely:
epic intolerance, I caught aids from the stupidity in your post

why not issue everyone 5 opinion tokens for each year, if they voice their opinion without presenting a token- they can be legally murdered
Make sure every post you make is mature like these two (and there's many more). You just can't beat ZFGC's friendliness and maturity!
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2008, 12:18:33 am »
  • Minalien
That's why you shouldn't use pre-made engines even in C++.

If you want to program games in C++, Memory management should be one of the first things you learn before venturing into game development
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog

gm112

« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2008, 12:19:46 am »
That's why you shouldn't use pre-made engines even in C++.

If you want to program games in C++, Memory management should be one of the first things you learn before venturing into game development
Indeed. I hate Memory Management in C++, to be honest. Memory Leaks can a !@#$% to patch up >_<
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 51 queries.

anything