Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Mods active in Spam? Should spam go down?  (Read 6106 times)

gm112

Mods active in Spam? Should spam go down?
« on: May 20, 2008, 01:39:46 am »
The mods haven't really seem to be active in moderating the spam forums. Not pointing fingers or anything, but there are mods who would spam more than what they seem to moderate in the spam forum. There are a couple mods who seem to do their jobs. Anyways, ever since Spam was re-introduced to ZFGC spam outside of its forum and trolling has been higher than usual. Go check the gaming and entertainment section, it's quite common there. I'm not exactly sure what goes on behind the scenes but what holes have the mods been in these days? It's really stressful when you post your own opinion and then you get trolled for it. I'm sure I'll be getting trolled just for posting my opinion with what's going on here because there are some people who think their views are the only right ones, when it's not. You know I don't really want to turn this into a 10 paged essay on what's wrong with ZFGC now. We're a community so let's discuss this together where we don't troll or flame(though, seems impossible here).
Re: Mods active in Spam? Should spam go down?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 01:42:50 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
GOD DAMMIT I HATE YOU YOU SUCK. Joking.

Seriously, there have been times I've wanted Spam gone cause it just gets really annoying after a while, sure I could just get rid of the key, but then I just end up back there, but honestly other than Spam, ZFGC isn't really all that active like it used to be.

I don't know what to suggest, I mean I'd miss Spam if it were gone, but if it helped the forums, I wouldn't mind if it were gone, I'd just have to suck it up.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.

gm112

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 01:46:57 am »

Seriously, there have been times I've wanted Spam gone cause it just gets really annoying after a while, sure I could just get rid of the key, but then I just end up back there, but honestly other than Spam, ZFGC isn't really all that active like it used to be.

I don't know what to suggest, I mean I'd miss Spam if it were gone, but if it helped the forums, I wouldn't mind if it were gone, I'd just have to suck it up.
Yeah, some of the jokes in spam aren't funny.. but hey, at times we all aren't funny. Yeah, that's a true fact. The fan/indie game developing department on ZFGC hasn't really been active that much either lately. I love the idea of making Zelda Fan Games, it's really awesome. The Community Project is an example of bad management, if you ask me. It has open suggestions for mapping, spriting, etc... but if you try submitting code ideas or anything like that for programming, it's declined. I mean, wtf, you make the forum open and you can addon to the story and whatnot but you cannot work on the engine or at least help out?! That's really stupid.
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 01:48:21 am »

Lucky !@#$% >_>.

As it goes the staff have talked a lot about spam whether it should stay or go. It seems most of the users here will moan until they get it, then when they get it, moan about it being here. Not point fingers at any of you two like. I mean I voted to get rid of it first time, but then wanted it back. Now I just outright hate the place.

Now there is one specific person who I notice trolling an awful lot, (he was also one to moan about trolling before as well) I'd love to ban him, or see him get banned, but I cant. Simply because thats my personal bias against him. Though we're looking into all this trollin' !@#$%. ZFGC could be come very, very quite...
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 01:50:06 am »
  • Super Hero Time!

Yeah, some of the jokes in spam aren't funny.. but hey, at times we all aren't funny. Yeah, that's a true fact. The fan/indie game developing department on ZFGC hasn't really been active that much either lately. I love the idea of making Zelda Fan Games, it's really awesome. The Community Project is an example of bad management, if you ask me. It has open suggestions for mapping, spriting, etc... but if you try submitting code ideas or anything like that for programming, it's declined. I mean, wtf, you make the forum open and you can addon to the story and whatnot but you cannot work on the engine or at least help out?! That's really stupid.

Exactly, and I'll admit, I've posted a lot of stupid crap that isn't funny, but hey, it's Spam right, whatever.

About the community project, I haven't payed much attention to it, but from what I've seen it's going alright, but I think it was much better when King Mob was running it.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.

gm112

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 01:52:32 am »

Lucky !@#$% >_>.

As it goes the staff have talked a lot about spam whether it should stay or go. It seems most of the users here will moan until they get it, then when they get it, moan about it being here. Not point fingers at any of you two like. I mean I voted to get rid of it first time, but then wanted it back. Now I just outright hate the place.

Now there is one specific person who I notice trolling an awful lot, (he was also one to moan about trolling before as well) I'd love to ban him, or see him get banned, but I cant. Simply because thats my personal bias against him. Though we're looking into all this trollin' !@#$%. ZFGC could be come very, very quite...
Well, maybe if there was a dramatic change to the point where these "members" were unable to avoid getting banned, then Spam would be a decent place. It's always this general group that seems to ruin the fun. I'm not saying Spam's a bad idea, I'm just saying that maybe there should be action against the members who downright disrespect the mods. Or maybe a change in the rules would set them straight. I personally like banning them better than the other option >_>.

EDIT: @Pyro, yes the Community Project was indeed better when King Mob was running it.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 01:55:24 am by Basniak/gm112 »
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 06:29:43 am »
EDIT: @Pyro, yes the Community Project was indeed better when King Mob was running it.
Probably because everyone wanted to make a game as good as the shadowgazer, under his guidance.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 06:39:34 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
To answer one major thing mentioned in the post-

Spam has not increased since the shutdown; it was horrible before we had a spam board. It just hasn't decreased with the spam board. Reason for this is lax moderation, which is being resolved o.0
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 07:06:18 am »
Reason for this is lax moderation, which is being resolved o.0
Sorry, but I hear things like "It'll get taken care of" and "Just wait a bit longer" out of the ZFGC staff all the time. I don't believe this statement. In fact, I doubt that you have any sort of plan to fix things at all aside of switch to SMF 2.0 and hope all the other problems go away I've personally lost faith in ZFGC. I don't think there's anything you can do to change it now.
So give me you're code and add mine:
Code: 4296-2644-3642

Sorry guys.  I just don't have the time anymore for the CP.  Working two jobs and just having a couple hours to play my Wii and continue learning programming just is not leaving me free time to focus on the CP.  I feel that it's my obligation to step aside as Level Director.  It's just a time issue.  Since I am also a global mod that also takes some of my focus from the CP.  So, it's nothing against anybody or what not, I'm just out of time anymore it seems.  Sorry again.
wtf, i remember posts that used to have content explaining reasons rather than ways to get rises out of users with a youtube video and no reason as to why!

How to post maturely:
epic intolerance, I caught aids from the stupidity in your post

why not issue everyone 5 opinion tokens for each year, if they voice their opinion without presenting a token- they can be legally murdered
Make sure every post you make is mature like these two (and there's many more). You just can't beat ZFGC's friendliness and maturity!
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 07:11:55 am »
Well, from what I gathered, SMF 2.0's moderation features allows moderators to view users based on warnings given, so it is something.  I know there are other changes in moderation coming up, but that is not for me to divulge.  Really, as users we have to be a little more responsible with ourselves you know? 

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2008, 07:17:44 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Sorry, but I hear things like "It'll get taken care of" and "Just wait a bit longer" out of the ZFGC staff all the time. I don't believe this statement. In fact, I doubt that you have any sort of plan to fix things at all aside of switch to SMF 2.0 and hope all the other problems go away I've personally lost faith in ZFGC. I don't think there's anything you can do to change it now.

...Then why are you still here? Honestly, if its so bad and you feel it's not suiting your needs, why are you still here? Shall I make the staff boards public to you so you can see everything we're working on?

Seriously, if you knew the amount of stuff that goes on that you cant see you'd be surprised. Even at that, you're one of the people who helps spam spill into the other boards, so if you want to see a difference, then MAKE a difference, instead of contributing to the problem.
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2008, 07:27:24 am »
We are seriously taking care of the situation, however taking care of it is going to require baby steps.. Though there have been sudden shifts recently, that should signal the fact changes are coming.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2008, 07:32:19 am »
We are seriously taking care of the situation, however taking care of it is going to require baby steps.. Though there have been sudden shifts recently, that should signal the fact changes are coming.
The only shift I've seen is 4Sword getting canned. Care to explain any others I might have missed?

...Then why are you still here? Honestly, if its so bad and you feel it's not suiting your needs, why are you still here? Shall I make the staff boards public to you so you can see everything we're working on?

Seriously, if you knew the amount of stuff that goes on that you cant see you'd be surprised. Even at that, you're one of the people who helps spam spill into the other boards, so if you want to see a difference, then MAKE a difference, instead of contributing to the problem.
Considering that every time I try to make a difference I get flamed and trolled for 5 pages and get no help from any staff except Andrew I have no plans to try to make a difference. That's your job, not mine. My point isn't to sit here and !@#$% about how bad the staff sucks though. My point is that the ZFGC users have been kept in the dark about what is going to happen to make this place suck less for about two months, and nothing is happening.

Sorry guys.  I just don't have the time anymore for the CP.  Working two jobs and just having a couple hours to play my Wii and continue learning programming just is not leaving me free time to focus on the CP.  I feel that it's my obligation to step aside as Level Director.  It's just a time issue.  Since I am also a global mod that also takes some of my focus from the CP.  So, it's nothing against anybody or what not, I'm just out of time anymore it seems.  Sorry again.
wtf, i remember posts that used to have content explaining reasons rather than ways to get rises out of users with a youtube video and no reason as to why!

How to post maturely:

why not issue everyone 5 opinion tokens for each year, if they voice their opinion without presenting a token- they can be legally murdered
Make sure every post you make is mature like these two (and there's many more). You just can't beat ZFGC's friendliness and maturity!
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2008, 07:43:18 am »
Zero Beat, there are times when I think that you try to help out, but this does not mean that every time you try and help out that you are right; your intent might be admirable, but your approach may be the opposite.  You have admitted in the past to flaming back against the users that "flamed" you (in some cases they did not even), and this issue of causality gets to a point of immaturity in that no one is stopping and you never admit that your attitude can sometimes be abrasive and trolling.  The reason I got "canned" as you put it was because I came off as arrogant as you are now being in the staff section sometimes, but my actions in regards to you when I was a moderator were appropriate and agreed upon by other moderators at that time.

As for making this place better, Infinitus and Windy's work in regards to the functionality of the site itself is something to be admired.  There are other things too, but I am not in an official capacity to list them off.  Oh, there is the Super Smash Bros Brawl tournament that is coming up.
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2008, 07:52:56 am »
Oh, there is the Super Smash Bros Brawl tournament that is coming up.
Sorry, but I'm not discussion my personality and past on the boards in this topic anymore. Feel free to PM me.
I do want to comment about the SSBB tourney though. I like the idea, but I don't think this is making this place better. I think we're not on the same page. I mean a better environment, not more features that will never be realized. We need less shop systems and award systems that are filled with useless items and joke awards (some of which are even subdue flaming) and more bans for spamming and flaming. stricter rules for staff to go by such as "If a topic is a flaming topic it should be deleted and not locked, and the poster should be banned for 3 hours. if they make another one they are banned for a day." Also, I think you should announce when someone is banned so people will know if the staff is doing something or just sitting there doing nothing.

Look, the main point is that the users want a date of change. I've talked to a good bit of them, and they all want something to happen. I think you should plan this out at least enough to give us a date, and maybe have a list of things to happen, but I would understand if that is too much.

How to post maturely:

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2008, 08:01:34 am »
Why do you not just ask for moderators to send a message back to the reporter of a post to say whether or not action was pursued on the report?  That would work.  Oh, and you are leaving out the gallery and downloads page.  While imperfect in relation to the boards the spawned from, the administration who set them up clearly added valuable features to the forum.  The gallery is something that even gets better with SMF 2.0 so it is easier to navigate.  The flaws in the boards will be worked out.  There are some gimmicks of course, but it is sometimes important to see if a user base will go after such diversions to test the validity of the system itself.

Take Spam, for example.  The staff provided that as part of the shop system and it was a unique way to do something for the community. 
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2008, 08:06:40 am »
Why do you not just ask for moderators to send a message back to the reporter of a post to say whether or not action was pursued on the report?  That would work. 

Take Spam, for example.  The staff provided that as part of the shop system and it was a unique way to do something for the community. 
As for the first thing. I like that better than my idea, nice job.
As for the second thing, that's a good point, but we should have had more unlock-able boards. Anyway, we shouldn't be bitching about the boards features yet. As long as the staff isn't working correctly all the features in the world wouldn't change anything. Once again I stress that the staff needs to give us a date.

How to post maturely:

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2008, 08:06:56 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Sora, sorry but your activism is about as respectable as a vegan protesting animal cruelty while wearing animal fur. You cant perpetuate problems and then complain that the forum has problems. It just doesn't work like that. Thats where its YOUR job to help stop the problems, by actually reading the rules, and not spamming, trolling, etc. You're guilty of all of that, as are a lot of other users. The issues on this forum are not going to go away just because staff comes up with ideas, it takes user involvement too.

Thats one major problem with ZFGC; too many users saying "Theres issues!" when they're typically helping those problems become *big* problems; we need more proactive actions from users instead of retroactive actions o.o

EDIT: erm damned net lag; this was posted about 4 replies ago >_<
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2008, 08:11:41 am »
Sora, sorry but your activism is about as respectable as a vegan protesting animal cruelty while wearing animal fur.

So, when I try to do something good I can't be respected because I've done something bad, and I can't complain about it? So that means the only thing you'll allow me to do is cause more problems.

How to post maturely:

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2008, 08:13:45 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
No, that means if you *stop* causing problems, then your convictions will be much more respectable because you're not just sitting back complaining that things are happening without any care to try to help fix them. You see how that works?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.43 seconds with 79 queries.