Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Award Removal?  (Read 4599 times)

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
Award Removal?
« on: June 08, 2008, 08:27:05 am »
  • Silly cat!
Can we have some sort of function to turn off and/or remove awards? They got boring after a while, and it does make sense to have such a function :P.

Hoffy.
Re: Award Removal?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 01:46:28 pm »
Just ask an admin :).
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 03:32:00 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
Some are really ridiculous, like the ones Regulus gave out. I just say you remove all the pointless ones.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 04:36:46 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
Some are really ridiculous, like the ones Regulus gave out. I just say you remove all the pointless ones.

Oh !@#$%. It's time to get serious around here, fellas. We're also going to delete all signatures and avatars that aren't business casual.

Mod edit: Make your posts serious too.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 05:30:46 am by AoDC »
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 05:43:23 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!

Oh !@#$%. It's time to get serious around here, fellas. We're also going to delete all signatures and avatars that aren't business casual.

No, that's not what I said at all. I'm just saying that a good percentage of the awards are stupid and pointless and it's abuse of the awards system.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2008, 05:48:55 pm »
  • The Mike

No, that's not what I said at all. I'm just saying that a good percentage of the awards are stupid and pointless and it's abuse of the awards system.
Well, some awards are abused. Last week, somebody found out that some of us had the ability to give awards since we are local mods on a couple of different forums here. Regulust kind of abused it a little bit and I gave myself an award but I had to give myself this third one because hey, Mike was here!

I say leave the awards alone. I'm sure they will have more of a purpose down the line. Unless there is an option so you can't view awards, then that would be a great idea for those who don't want to see them. With the different contests and tourneys going on here, of course there will be awards. That reminds me, better think of some awards for the Brawl tourney...

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2008, 05:50:04 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!

Well, some awards are abused. Last week, somebody found out that some of us had the ability to give awards since we are local mods on a couple of different forums here. Regulust kind of abused it a little bit and I gave myself an award but I had to give myself this third one because hey, Mike was here!

I say leave the awards alone. I'm sure they will have more of a purpose down the line. Unless there is an option so you can't view awards, then that would be a great idea for those who don't want to see them. With the different contests and tourneys going on here, of course there will be awards. That reminds me, better think of some awards for the Brawl tourney...

Right, but I wasn't saying remove them in general. Of course leave them for contests and such, you know, the legit stuff, but remove all the pointless ones that aren't needed.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2008, 05:52:10 pm »
  • The Mike

Right, but I wasn't saying remove them in general. Of course leave them for contests and such, you know, the legit stuff, but remove all the pointless ones that aren't needed.
Or... leave alone the current awards and for now on, no more random awards.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2008, 06:45:34 pm »
  • Minalien
Or just remove all of the ones that were put there by system abuse and people can live with the fact that they don't have an award on their profiles.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog

CrystalAngel04

Resident ZFGC female
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2008, 07:08:15 pm »
  • \\*Caution*\\ The Internets: May contain Women
I don't think it personally matters, if you want an award removed from your profile, PM an admin. Otherwise, quit whining... the awards are not killing anyone lol
  • -= Crystal Angel Creations =-

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2008, 12:36:20 am »
  • Silly cat!
I'm not saying the awards are offensive or pointless or anything, I'm just saying they're boring now and I'd like to clean up my profile thingie a bit D:

Maybe you guys misunderstood, I don't want to turn off everyone ELSE's awards, just my own :P.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 12:37:58 am by Hoffy »

Hoffy.

CrystalAngel04

Resident ZFGC female
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2008, 12:39:36 am »
  • \\*Caution*\\ The Internets: May contain Women
I'm not saying the awards are offensive or pointless or anything, I'm just saying they're boring now and I'd like to clean up my profile thingie a bit D:

It wasn't directed at you, more like everyone else in this thread. lol PM Infini and he'll take care of it.
  • -= Crystal Angel Creations =-
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2008, 01:53:23 am »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
:( I thought they were funny.
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2008, 01:55:43 am »
No! I am proud of my award! LOL...

Maybe find some way to allow users to "block" their awards from being shown to others?
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2008, 03:08:20 am »
  • Silly cat!
No! I am proud of my award! LOL...

Maybe find some way to allow users to "block" their awards from being shown to others?
No, no, lol you're misunderstanding too. I just want the ability to clear my own awards the same way I can clear my signature, or avatar.

Seems logical, right?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 03:11:18 am by Hoffy »

Hoffy.
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2008, 10:21:44 am »
Im kinda thinking that the pointless ones should be removed too. It's not a reward to be "banned for 3 days" for example. >.>
  • RPG Empire

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2008, 10:23:40 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Mods aren't supposed to be giving out awards... They're for contests, and various achievements (such as making a successful fangame, etc), not for amusement.

So I agree; pointless ones should be removed
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2008, 10:18:47 pm »
See even Mammy agrees, so fix them already! lol
Offtopic: That avatar of yours is hilarious Mammy. >_>
  • RPG Empire

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2008, 06:48:21 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
I see. But if you've earned something, why would you want to clear it?

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2008, 08:47:40 pm »
  • Colbydude was here.
You just won the Complaining about awards award! Congrats!!!
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.507 seconds with 77 queries.

anything