Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sonic Unleashed will fail, because of one simple reason!  (Read 968 times)

Sonic Unleashed will fail, because of one simple...
« on: June 26, 2008, 12:17:26 am »
Yeah Sonic fans world wide got excited about the new Sonic game named Sonic Unleashed. Well after having watched a trailer I have to say that itt sure looks promising! But then again the trailers of the last two 3d sonic games looked pretty promising too!

Sonic and the Secret rings(Wii)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez9mRgNfFb4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez9mRgNfFb4</a>

Sonic the Hedgehog(360/PS3)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE-y4_21aso" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE-y4_21aso</a>

Well we found out that Sonic and the secret rings wasn't that bad afterall but that Sonic the Hedgehog on the 360 and PS3 sucks beyond anyone's imagination. And if you see a game like Sonic the Hedgehog on the 360/PS3 then I start wondering if Sega tries so hard to make the games shitty. I don't know about you but if a character I created becomes very popular and is the logo of the company. Then I make sure that every game I produce that's about that character is as good as possible. I understand that developers sometimes come up with ideas that aren't that great afterall, I mean we all make mistakes. But Sega just keeps raping Sonic, like it's a normal thing. Even a Godlike company as Nintendo has failed a few times with Mario. The reason why Nintendo creates so much good Mario games is because they take the time for it. If the release date is september, and realize a few months before the release date that they won't make it. They just delay it, now of course fans won't be really happy with that because they want to play the game. But fans also start whining when the game feels rushed all the way to get it released on time. And we've clearly seeing Sega doing this over and over again. And it would actually suprise me if they wouldn't rush the Sonic Unleashed.

Now I hear you saying yeah but Sega said they really want to make a good Sonic game this time and they are doing everything to make sure it's a good Sonic game. Well I have heard this several times before, but the truth was that Sega released again a shitty Sonic Game. They just don't seem to be able to create a decent 3d Sonic game. Because almost every 3d Sonic game sucks ass, but almost every 2d Sonic game is just simply awesome, so why doesn't Sega mix this? Why don't they create a 2d Sonic game, with 3d models, and all the modern eye candy, in the background and on stage. Throw in some new moves and stuff. And you got yourself a Sonic game with leet 3d graphics and great 2d traditional gameplay.

Isn't that the best of 2 worlds? anyone a opinion on that?
Re: Sonic Unleashed will fail, because of one si...
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 12:19:36 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
why doesn't Sega mix this? Why don't they create a 2d Sonic game, with 3d models, and all the modern eye candy, in the background and on stage.
Uh, from the trailer, that's pretty much what Sonic Unleased is.
  • Lionfish Apps

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 12:27:03 am »
Why did you bother with the wall of text

all you needed to say was "because it's a sonic game".
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 12:29:13 am »
why doesn't Sega mix this? Why don't they create a 2d Sonic game, with 3d models, and all the modern eye candy, in the background and on stage.
Uh, from the trailer, that's pretty much what Sonic Unleased is.
No definitely not! it just tries to be a Sonic game with 2d and 3d gameplay. And they tried that several times before and they failed.

And lol Swoftu, I'm trying to have serious discussion here. :P
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 12:30:51 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
How do you figure? From what I recall it seemed to have Sonic running along a fixed path, which implies to me "2.5d" style camera angles similar to that in Kirby 64 (i.e., the path isn't necessarily in a straight line but it otherwise plays like a side-scrolling game).
  • Lionfish Apps

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 12:37:01 am »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
In addendum to ^: But with occasional behind-the-back levels.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.319 seconds with 49 queries.